|“||Last night I got out of the fog, in a matter of speaking. I arrived in a pocket of tranquillity where the monster was nowhere to be seen. I stopped running and was immediately filled with a strange calmness. I lay down near the bonfire and closed my eyes for the first time in what seemed like days. After long, deep breaths, I plunged into what I first thought was the darkness of a dreamless sleep. And then I saw it. The Bloodweb, a space between reality and abstraction. There is no sleep here, only torment. Even my own mind is shared and bent at the Entity's will.||„|
|~ Benedict Baker's Journal, Nov. 1896 (displayed to players after opening the Bloodweb for the first time)|
Bloodweb[edit | edit source]
The Bloodweb, dubbed by Benedict Baker, is a metaphysical concept within the world of Dead by Daylight which can be accessed by both survivors and killers through their thought and sleep patterns. Aside from chests, it is the only feature in the game which allows characters to receive unlockables. Each character has their own unique Bloodweb and all Bloodwebs are procedurally generated, meaning that it would be very unlikely to find two identical Bloodwebs.
After unlocking every available item in a Bloodweb (minus the ones claimed by the Entity), the character will level up and a new Bloodweb will be generated. As a character's level increases, the Bloodweb will offer more unlockables to the player. After a character reaches level 10, the Entity will then begin to cut off certain unlockables, making some rewards impossible to obtain in that level Bloodweb.
Most unlockables in the Bloodweb will have prerequisites before they can be unlocked.
Unlockables[edit | edit source]
The Bloodweb contains a variety of different unlockables, some considerably rarer than others.
From level 1 to 10 there is a chance of spawning a perk, from 10-25 there is always one perk, and from 25 and above there is always 2 perks spawing on the bloodweb. Each character has 3 unique perk, and the first one of them is unlocked at level 30. Second one is unlocked at level 35. The third one is unlocked at level 40. Other Bloodweb content is filled with addons, items, and offerings.
Bloodweb content will be shared from the following categories:
Bloodweb rewards can be obtained by unlocking them in the Bloodweb. Some rewards may be hidden in a Mystery Box.
Mystery Boxes can only include items and offerings with rarity equal to unlocked Mystery Box, things from mystery boxes might have better or worse rarity than the mystery box's rarity is. Perks will not be obtained from a Mystery Box.
Costs[edit | edit source]
Bloodweb items can be purchased with Bloodpoints.
As points are not independently allocated to each character, it is possible to upgrade a killer's Bloodweb after receiving points as a survivor, or vice-versa.
Every unlockable is individually priced, either at 3,000; 5,000; or 8,000 Bloodpoints. The rarity of an unlockable does not create its price.
The price of an unlockable is dependent on its position on the Bloodweb; items on the edge will cost more Bloodpoints than items on the inside (items located in inner circle will cost 3000 points, items in middle circle will cost 5000 points and items in outer circle will cost 8000 points).
Tips[edit | edit source]
- (After reaching level 10) It is suggested to go for the most desirable unlockable right away as the Entity may steal it from you.
- (After reaching level 10) If you want to level up as quick as possible without caring about unlockables, be sure to unlock the cheapest unlockables first, leaving the Entity to claim the most expensive ones.
- If you're looking for a certain perk, it is suggested to unlock the perk from every Bloodweb. This will narrow down future options, eventually increasing your likelihood of receiving the desired perk.
- You have a chance to get 1 perk at level's 1-9, You always get 1 perk and a chance of 2 perks at level 10-24, You always get 2 perks at level 25+
- The entity will always eat the other perk in your bloodweb.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "I return to the space I call the Bloodweb as often as I can. I feel like I'm starting to gain more control over it. I'm able to focus and travel to deeper levels. Here's a fair warning to anyone who might attempt to follow my steps: Tread carefully, as the Bloodweb is unpredictable and ever-changing." - Benedict Baker's Journal, Nov 1896 (displayed to players after reaching level 2)
- "I have found that on deeper levels of the Bloodweb, I can learn and collect better tools. The deeper I go, and the more marvel I can extirpate from the figment of fog. This comes at a price, however. The Entity that rules over this world grows restless with my attempts to know more. Each time I move further in the web, It makes sure to devour and consume something else. I must choose carefully what I want to extract from this journey across the web." - Benedict Baker's Journal, Dec. 1896 (referring to the Entity, after a player reaches level 10)
- "Today I have reached a deeper sub-level of the Bloodweb which opened my mind to more possibilities. I have no way to know how deep I can go, but I must continue as long as I can withhold my sanity." - Benedict Baker's Journal, Feb. 1897 (referring unlocking a second perk slot, after a player reaches level 15)
- "I feel confident that I can inculcate my awareness of the Bloodweb to the others that are trapped here with me. Maybe they can unlock their inner strength with my help." - Benedict Baker's Journal, June 1897 (referring to unlocking teachable perks, after a player reaches level 30)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During the BETA, the Bloodweb was locked after reaching level 5. However, because players were able to complete the level 5 Bloodweb, the maximum level was level 6.