|“||Something, or rather someone, is here now. I’ve never seen this...Shape before. A man hiding behind a mask. He comes with a determination. But more worrying, he comes with an apparent grasp of the hunt. He does not strike me as someone who even went unwillingly to this place. Is there more to this being than I can fathom?||„|
|~ Unknown (Potentially Benedict Baker)|
He was featured as a part of the "Halloween" Chapter.He originates from the 1978 horror movie franchise with the same name, Halloween.
Background[edit | edit source]
Some humans are simply bad seeds. Seeds infused with a distilled and pure form of evil. Michael Myers is one of those seeds. He had no issues with causing the pain of others. Instead, it was exactly what he sought. But even life can be tough on those with minds filled with terror. The difference is just how one goes about to solve those problems. For Michael, he had to kill to find some inner peace. As he took his sister’s life, the police found a silent boy dressed as a clown at the scene.
When one stumbles upon a growing fire, one does not pour gasoline on it. But this was an action taken by officials that had no idea how it would shape this demon in the boy’s body. Sending Michael to a mental institution was a feeble attempt to save the child. Unsuccessful therapy and nightly screams just made him even more introverted and deranged. People hoped that Michael Myers would end up a parenthesis, soon to be forgotten and buried, a failure that soon were to rot away. But then...he escaped.
Loadout[edit | edit source]
The Shape is armed with a kitchen knife. His special ability is "Evil Within", a 3-phase gauge which affects the Shape's ability to hunt differently for each respective phase. The Shape can stalk survivors, which fills up his current Evil Within phase. The Shape gains pure benefit from going up Evil Within stages, with the exception of his terror radius, which increases for each stage. Any survivors currently being stalked will be highlighted brightly, and more than one survivor can be stalked at once. Survivors that are hiding in foliage (corn, grass, shrubs, etc.) or are breaking line of sight will either delay or stop the Shape from gaining any points from stalking them.
|Evil Within Level||Description|
|1||Tremendously decreased terror radius (Functionally about 1 meter). Slightly decreased movement speed (On-par with Survivor running speed). Decreased lunge (Virtually no difference between lunge and normal strike). Grants immunity to detection perks.|
|2||Moderately reduced terror radius. Normal movement speed. Normal lunge .|
|3||Normal terror radius. Attacks put survivors in the dying state automatically (Crawling). Excellent lunge range (Several meters). Lasts for 60 seconds without any add-ons.|
Upon reaching Level 2, the Shape can never fall back to Evil Within Level 1. It is possible to reach Level 3 up to 4 times, as every survivor can be stalked for a sum of 1 Level of Evil Within. Survivors that are high, running low, or are out of Evil Within charges are marked with white, pink, and red auras respectively.
Unique perks[edit | edit source]
|Save The Best For Last||
You become obsessed with one Survivor. As long as your Obsession is alive, after being in a chase for 20 seconds the cooldown for your next successful attack is decreased by 30/35/40 %. Your successful attack cooldown remains active for 5/5/5 seconds seconds after a chase. Re-initialising a chase before the 5/5/5 seconds have lapsed will reset the successful attack cooldown timer. Only one Obsession per match.
Unique to Shape until level 30, which its Teachable version can then be learned and taught to the other Killers.
|Play With Your Food||
You become obsessed with one Survivor. Every time you chase your Obsession and let them escape, you receive a Token up to a maximum of 3 Tokens. Each Token increases your movement speed by 3/4/5 %. Each offensive action spends one Token. Only one Obsession per match.
Unique to Shape until level 35, which its Teachable version can then be learned and taught to the other Killers.
You become obsessed with one Survivor. Your Obsession's altruistic action speed is increased by 38/44/50 %. Once the Obsession is killed or sacrificed, every other Survivor gets a penalty of 19/22/25 % to repair, healing and sabotage speed. Only one Obsession per match. "This isn't a man..." - Dr. Sam Loomis
Unique to Shape until level 40, which its Teachable version can then be learned and taught to the other Killers.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Achievements
There are currently 3 achievements related to the Shape.
Customization[edit | edit source]
Players can customize their character by choosing one outfit style from each category. Blood-stained attire is obtained after the Shape reaches level 50 and prestiges.
The Shape's attire includes:
DLC[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Downloadable Content
The Shape is currently part of 1 DLC package:
Available DLC[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Shape is the first Killer to be introduced as paid DLC.
- The Shape is the first killer in a paid DLC that can be accessed without paying - using the Black Splinter offering.
- Michael Myers was also featured In the Halloween horror franchise as the killer in the series relating to Laurie Strode as his sister. His backstory in the movie as a little boy killing his older sister and turning into the town's nightmare at Halloween hunting his prey.
- Michael's in-game name is a reference to the original 1978 movie. During the credits, the role of "Michael Myers" is instead credited as "The Shape."
- The Shape's Stain is invisible at Evil Within I.
- The Shape is the only killer with the ability to vault through windows faster, to the point of being only slightly slower than that of a survivor.
- The music that plays when The Shape reaches level 3 is from the movie Halloween.
- The Shape has a much smaller terror radius than the other killers, depending on his ability tier.
- The Shape has a small animated trail behind his knife when he swings.
- In Evil Within I and II, The Shape holds his knife to his side, whereas in Evil Within III, he holds his knife up to his shoulder with the blade pointing outwards.
- In Evil Within III, The Shape's knife is in the way of the Stain, and occasionally reflects it's red light.
- The Shape's breathing is slightly different to how it is heard in the original film.
- The Shape's Memento Mori is possibly a reference to how he kills people in the original film, as he often grabs people by the neck and either stabs them or simply suffocates them.
- Whenever The Shape changes tiers of Evil Within, a small tune following the Halloween main theme plays through the whole map. It is also the only audio indication of a Killer's power that does not get altered relative to distance, ( i.e. The Nurse's muffled screeches upon blinking far away.)
- The Shape, in terms of appearance, is the cleanest killer apart from a blood stain on his left shoulder.
- When survivors are being stalked by the Shape when he is close to the next Evil Within tier, survivors will hear a remade version of The Hedge, which incidentally plays in the movie whilst the protagonist Laurie is being stalked.
- The terror radius music that survivors hear when near the Shape is a remake of the original Halloween track, The Hanger. The in-game track is unreleased and unobtainable from the game files.
- The Shape is one of the two Killers that can instantly put Survivors in dying state without any Perks. The other Killer is The Hillbilly.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If you are stalking survivors and you are nearing the limit for your current Evil Within tier, all survivors being stalked will hear an eerie audio cue a few seconds before the tier ascends.
- It is practically impossible for every survivor to hide from you well enough to the point where you cannot stalk them enough to get Evil Within II. However, they will do their best to slow it down and make it as difficult as possible.
- When in Evil Within I, your terror radius may be minuscule but your breathing can be heard well before it. Stalking survivors from a distance is advised as many decent players will simply run or hide whenever they hear your breathing.
- Note that in Coldwind Farms, the corn will shield survivors from stalking, even if they are visible normally. Exception is if you stalk from a highland, and survivor is not crouched - it will be always visible in nearby corn field.
- Note that you can "stock" on Evil Within. Essentially, you can leave Evil Within II on 99% and you will have a full Evil Within III to use on the instance you see a survivor.
- Many decent players will be extremely paranoid upon starting a match, in the case the killer is The Shape. A way to mitigate this is to stalk survivors behind cover, or on high places. Such examples are behind trees, on top of hills, on top of buildings, etc. Though it won't guarantee to stop them from noticing you, it is far better compared to walking up to a fairly close distance and watching them out in the open.
- The Shape is ironically one of the easiest killers to spot, as his near fluorescent white mask is very distinguishable.
- Survivors often try to hide behind pull-downs, but you can still stalk them.
- When stalking, your vision is severely tunneled and your movement speed is also slower.
- The Wraith's unique teachable perk Shadowborn will increase your field of view, making stalking slightly easier.
Gallery[edit | edit source]For more go to Shape's Gallery
|Claudette Morel||Dwight Fairfield||Jake Park||Meg Thomas||Nea Karlsson||Laurie Strode|
|Ace Visconti||William "Bill" Overbeck||Feng Min|
|Alex||A. Azarov||Benedict Baker||Clyde||Donna||Entity|
[pl:Kształt pl:Kształt] [it:Ombra it:Ombra]