|“||There's another apparition, more terrifying than anything I've ever seen, hunting amongst the shadows here. It moves like a silhouette, appearing and disappearing at the sound of a dreaded bell. It's impossible to track it. Several times it has caught me without me even seeing it closing in. Often convinced I have my back covered, it has promptly materialized right behind me to strike from close range. Stay still and watch the fog. Don't move, don't blink and for god's sake don't breathe. If you can control your fear long enough and can show self control, sometimes it is possible to see its shimmer as it glides forward if caught at just the right light. I pray for your safety.||„|
|~ Benedict Baker's Journal, Nov. 1896|
Background[edit | edit source]
Philip Ojomo came to this country with nothing more than hope for a new beginning. He was more than satisfied when he was initially offered a job at Autohaven Wreckers by a large muscular man named Azarov. Bribed cops would turn a blind eye to somewhat shady business conducted at the scrap yard by Azarov but Ojomo didn't mind. He knew that he couldn't expect a luxurious lifestyle without working hard over a long period of time. So he pretended like it didn't exist. He had seen criminal activity up close in his homeland and as long as he didn't get involved, he'd let things be the way they were. He just fixed cars and handled the crusher, something he was particularly fond of. A car went in and a small, metallic cube came out. It was not until one shadowed evening that he, just by accident, noticed the tiniest slight of blood coming from the back of one of the un-crushed cars.
In silence, he slowly opened the trunk. Inside a young man, gagged with tied hands and panic filled eyes, clawed viciously at the walls attempting to escape what he surely thought was his executioner. With haste, Ojomo helped the man outside the trunk, using his makeshift pocket knife to free the kid's bonds. In fear, the victim took off running, knocking down a stack of tires and scattering a pile of food cans. He crashed against the locked door to the garage, thrashing violently like a wild animal in an attempt to flee. Phillip Ojomo could barely move when his superior, Azarov, decided just at that moment to check up on him, swinging wide open the same door sending the man crashing and sprawling to the floor. It took Azarov less than a few seconds to swiftly grab the boy's neck and to squeeze it and contort it until he stopped breathing altogether. Then, with unnatural calmness, Azarov picked him up and placed him back in the car's trunk and slammed the lid. And he told Ojomo to do his job like usual.
And that's when it clicked with Phillip. He was never a car crusher nor a mainstream mechanic. The boy was initially right: Ojomo was his executioner. He had been crushing the victims of Azarov's twisted gang of criminals the whole time. Each new car, a new victim tucked away within the vehicle. It made too much sense. In anger, Ojomo lashed out. When Azarov turned his back, Ojomo grabbed a nearby crowbar. He swung the bent end at the back of Azarov's neck, lodging it between his collarbone and neck and pulled hard. Azarov crumpled under the assault and was knocked immediately unconscious. But Ojomo didn't stop. Aiming for the head, he bashed the crowbar against his former boss's skull again and again and again and again until all that was left was a wet mess of what could only be described as red flesh.
That's all the shoddy security cameras captured before they cut out. By the time someone found Azarov, his spinal coloumn had been removed and the wet mess left behind of his head contained very limited amounts of skull fragments; most of it bizarrely removed. Phillip Ojomo from that point on simply vanished and was never seen again.
Loadout[edit | edit source]
Azarov's Skull[edit | edit source]
Azarov's Skull is the primary weapon of the Wraith. He has turned the skull and spinal column of his former boss into a dangerous weapon. For his normal attack, the Wraith swings the skull. If you miss, the Wraith will stay still for a few moments then stand back in his normal position. If Azarov's Skull hits a survivor, the Wraith will pause movement shortly to clean off the blood on the blades with his fingers.
Wailing Bell[edit | edit source]
A heavy cast iron bell imbued with ancient powers. Allows the user to enter and walk the spirit world when rung.
- Ring the bell for about 1.5 seconds to become cloaked and almost completely invisible
- While invisible:
- Survivors can hear the Wraith's bell-ringing globally, but cannot tell which direction it is coming from unless they are very close
Perks[edit | edit source]
Your acute tracking ability allows you to follow disturbances left by passing prey over a longer period of time. Footstep marks stay visible 1/2/3 seconds longer than normal. "Never stop moving and hope you're always two steps ahead of the beast." -Notebook
Unique to Wraith until level 30, which its Teachable version can then be learned and taught to the other Killers.
Like a hunting scent hound, you smell traces of blood at a great distance. Fresh blood marks are slightly/moderately/considerably more discernible than normal and can be tracked for 2/3/4 seconds seconds longer than normal.
"Pebbles shimmering in the moonlight; my life drips down in a trail so easy to follow."
Unique to Wraith until level 35, which its Teachable version can then be learned and taught to the other Killers
You have a keen vision in the darkness of the night. Your vision is 25/30/35 % clearer and your field of view is unaffected/slightly/considerably wider than normal. However, highly sensitive to light, you get blinded 20% faster than normal and take 50/50/50 % more time to recover from this condition.
"Shining in the darkest dark, his eyes pierce the night and sting your soul."
Unique to Wraith until level 40, which its Teachable version can then be learned and taught to the other Killers.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Achievements
There are currently 2 achievements related to the Wraith.
|Adept Wraith||Unlock the Wraith's 3 perks and teachable perks.|
|Jump scares||With the Wraith, Surprise & hit a total of 100 survivors.|
Customization[edit | edit source]
Players can customize their character by choosing one outfit style from each category. Blood-stained attire is obtained after the Wraith reaches level 50 and prestiges.
The Wraith's attire includes:
DLC[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Downloadable Content
The Wraith is currently part of 2 DLC packages:
Available DLC[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- YouTubers/Streamers Exclusive (Ohmwrecker Exclusive)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Character reveal for the Wraith.
- Presumably affiliated with the maps of Autohaven Wreckers in the mythos.
- Possibly inspired by Grim Reaper tropes as he carries a scythe, causes a bell to toll, and can hide himself from humans.
- The Wraith's Alpha name was Banshee.
- The developers of Dead by Daylight included a tribute to the youtuber Ohmwrecker by adding one of Ohmwrecker's symbol design as a usable mask by him and him alone.
- Just before the Wraith swings his weapon, a xylophone-like rattling noise can be heard as he lifts the spine.
- The Wraith's breathing sounds like a quiet, garbled, growl, as if he had a congested throat.
Tips[edit | edit source]
Main article: Hints
- You are not fully cloaked when using the bell, because despite being "invisible," the Wraith is still fairly visible by a transparent shimmer.
- Keep your distance when stalking survivors to get the jump on them.
- You are unable to attack when cloaking/uncloaking so be wary of using it after putting a survivor on a hook as it gives them a brief window to rescue.
- Your terror radius is 0 when you're cloaked, so use cloak to get close without survivors hearing a heartbeat sound.
- When approaching a generator, try to stay behind obstructions so that any survivors present cannot see your silhouette approaching.
- Block escape routes while uncloaking nearby a survivor.
- Get directly behind a repairing survivor while uncloaking to slow down their escape.
- Beware flashlights! Having one shine on you when you're uncloaking or invisible can stun you... even if you aren't looking at it!
- Unfortunately, even when cloaked, you can still be heard to an extent. Your breathing is much louder when cloaked, and can be heard several meters away from survivors. Although very little can be done, your breathing can be partially masked by survivors near loud, constant noises (e.g. fixing a generator,) as this may buy you a little time to get close before the survivor hears you and hides.
- Your lunge attack is slightly longer than other killers. This can be used to your advantage by slightly increasing the window of time you have to hit a survivor as they vault, or closing off chases slightly faster.
- Being cloaked slightly muffles sound, and can make listening out for breathing or footsteps difficult. However, most noises, like injured survivors or generator repairs will still be quite audible.
Gallery[edit | edit source]For more go to Wraith's Gallery
|Claudette Morel||Dwight Fairfield||Jake Park||Meg Thomas||Nea Karlsson||Laurie Strode|
|Ace Visconti||William "Bill" Overbeck||Feng Min|
|Alex||A. Azarov||Benedict Baker||Clyde||Donna||Entity|