23 June to 14 July 2020
William "Bill" Overbeck
He was introduced with PARAGRAPH I: Left Behind, an originally PC-exclusive Paragraph DLC released on 8 March 2017.
Bill is a Character from the popular 2008 Zombie Game, Left 4 Dead.
Bill Overbeck is an old Soldier, accustomed to dealing with critical situations.
He is tough as nails and knows how to survive just about anything. He'll do whatever it takes to help others live to see another day and he's not afraid to take one for the team.
Difficulty rating: Hard
(based on only using his Unique Perks)
It took two tours in Vietnam, a handful of medals, a knee full of shrapnel, and an honourable discharge to get William "Bill" Overbeck to stop fighting and try to live a peaceful life. He hated it. After decades spent drifting aimlessly through dead end jobs, Bill went in for a routine surgery and woke up to find the world he knew was gone. A plague was turning normal people into mindless killing machines. Naturally, the first thing he did was fight his way home and put on his uniform. Making his way through rural ghost towns and pitch-black forests, he found other Survivors, and together they fled from the infected hordes. In the end, Bill sacrificed himself to ensure their safety. His body was never found. Bill was left for dead. No one knows that he still has the only thing he ever wanted: an enemy to fight.
These are Perks which start off only appearing in Bill's Bloodweb . After achieving Level 30, Teachable versions of these Perks can be found:
- Left Behind - Level 30
- Borrowed Time - Level 35
- Unbreakable - Level 40
Once obtained, other Survivors will be able to find Bill's Perks in their respective Bloodwebs from that point onwards.
You'll get the job done... No matter the cost.
"I'm not horse-shittin' around. I'm doing this alone!" — Bill Overbeck
You are fuelled with an unexpected energy when saving an Ally from a Hook within the Killer's Terror Radius.
After unhooking a Survivor within the Killer's Terror Radius, for 15 seconds, any damage taken that would put the unhooked Survivor into the Dying State will instead apply the Deep Wound Status Effect. The Survivor has 10/15/20 seconds to mend themselves.
If the unhooked Survivor takes any damage while affected by Deep Wound or if its timer ends, the unhooked Survivor is immediately put into the Dying State .
"Probably stings like hell, but it ain't gonna kill ya. Up and at 'em soldier. Time to move!" — Bill Overbeck
Past battles have taught you a thing or two about survival.
Grants the ability to fully recover from the Dying State once per Trial.
Increases the Dying State Recovery speed by 25/30/35 %.
"Goddammit, I am seriously FUBAR!" — Bill Overbeck
- Main article: Achievements
There is currently 1 Achievement which is related to Bill.
|Adept Bill||Escape with Bill Overbeck using only his Unique Perks: Left Behind , Borrowed Time & Unbreakable .|
Players can customise their Character by choosing one outfit style from each category. Blood-stained attire is obtained after Bill reaches Level 50 and prestiges.
Bill's attire includes:
|Merry Sacrifice||Rare||Playing hero had a cost. Wearing this ugly sweater was part of it.||Ugly Sweaters||Winter Event|
- Main article: Downloadable Content
Bill is currently part of 1 DLC package:
- The full name of Bill Overbeck is "William 'Bill' Overbeck".
- Bill received a remodel for his head in Patch 3.7.0, although his portrait and render remain unchanged.
- Although Bill did not originally appear as a playable Survivor in the Console version of Dead by Daylight, his Perks were available as general Survivor Perks, albeit with all references to him in the icon artwork and flavour texts removed.
- For instance, Unbreakable featured a random man's face in a similar pose to that of Bill on the PC version.
- On 5 July 2019, the Developers officially confirmed through Twitter that Bill would come to the Console versions via the 3.1.0 Mid-Chapter Update.
- Although Bill was voiced by Jim French in the Left 4 Dead franchise, he did not return to reprise the role in Dead by Daylight, nor was archive footage of his lines reused for Dead by Daylight. Instead, new lines were recorded for Bill by Ricardo Gomez.
- Bill was the third licensed Character to be introduced to Dead by Daylight .
- He was the second licensed Survivor.
- In addition to Bill as a playable Survivor, the four original Survivors received Left 4 Dead cosmetics:
For more go to Bill's Gallery
|BASE GAME||CHAPTERS I-III
+ PARAGRAPH I
|CHAPTERS IV-VII||CHAPTERS VIII-XI||PARAGRAPH III|
+ CHAPTERS XIII-XIV
|Dwight Fairfield||Nea Karlsson||Feng Min||Kate Denson||Ash Williams|
|Meg Thomas||Laurie Strode||David King||Adam Francis||Nancy Wheeler|
|Claudette Morel||Ace Visconti||Quentin Smith||Jeff Johansen||Steve Harrington|
|Jake Park||Bill Overbeck||David Tapp||Jane Romero||Yui Kimura|
|BASE GAME||CHAPTERS I-III||CHAPTERS IV+V
+ PARAGRAPH I
|CHAPTERS VI-VIII||CHAPTERS IX-XI|
|The Trapper - Evan MacMillan||The Nurse - Sally Smithson||The Doctor - Herman Carter||The Nightmare - Freddy Krueger||The Spirit - Rin Yamaoka|
|The Wraith - Philip Ojomo||The Shape - Michael Myers||The Huntress - Anna||The Pig - Amanda Young||The Legion - Frank, Julie, Susie, Joey|
|The Hillbilly - Max Thompson Jr.||The Hag - Lisa Sherwood||The Cannibal - Bubba Sawyer||The Clown - Jeffrey Hawk||The Plague - Adiris|
|CHAPTERS XII-XIV||CHAPTERS XV+XVI|
|The Ghost Face - Danny Johnson||The Deathslinger - Caleb Quinn|
|The Demogorgon||The Executioner|
|The Oni - Kazan Yamaoka|
|Benedict Baker||The Entity||The Observer||Vigo||and many more...|
|The Smasher||The Teacher|