Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
In Dead by Daylight , there are two distinct roles to play and multiple Characters in each role to choose from.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Playable Characters
- 3 Unseen Characters
- 3.1 Affiliated to Evan MacMillan - The Trapper
- 3.2 Affiliated to Philip Ojomo - The Wraith
- 3.3 Affiliated to Max Thompson Jr. - The Hillbilly
- 3.4 Affiliated to Sally Smithson - The Nurse
- 3.5 Affiliated to Michael Myers - The Shape
- 3.6 Affiliated to Herman Carter - The Doctor
- 3.7 Affiliated to Anna - The Huntress
- 3.8 Affiliated to Bubba Sawyer - The Cannibal
- 3.9 Affiliated to Quentin Smith
- 3.10 Affiliated to Amanda Young - The Pig
- 3.11 Affiliated to Jeffrey Hawk - The Clown
- 3.12 Affiliated to Rin Yamaoka - The Spirit
- 3.13 Affiliated to F. J. S. J. - The Legion
- 3.14 Affiliated to Jane Romero
- 3.15 Affiliated to Ash Williams
- 3.16 General Lore
- 4 Unused Characters
- 5 Trivia
Each Killer has their own strengths, weaknesses and unique power, whereas Survivors initially vary only in their appearance. However, every Killer and Survivor has 3 unique Perks to unlock in their Bloodweb which can eventually be taught to other Characters, these unlock at (Levels 30, 35 & 40).
Every Character comes with its own play style, progression path, Load-out and customisation options which fit your tastes. Feel free to experiment!
- Main article: Survivors
- Main article: Killers
The following Characters are mentioned in the Lore, but were never seen in-game. The list also shows the Character they are affiliated with:
Affiliated to Evan MacMillan - The Trapper
- Archie MacMillan - Evan's father
Affiliated to Philip Ojomo - The Wraith
Affiliated to Max Thompson Jr. - The Hillbilly
Affiliated to Sally Smithson - The Nurse
- Andrew Smithson - Sally's late husband
- The "Bad Man" - a patient at Crotus Prenn
- The "Catatonic Boy" - a patient at Crotus Prenn
- Father Campbell - the Priest at Crotus Prenn
- Harvey Kavanagh - the Orderly at Crotus Prenn
- Mary Jenner - The "Anxious Girl" - Sally's favourite patient at Crotus Prenn
- Nurse Moris - a fellow Nurse
- Patrick Spencer - the Warden at Crotus Prenn and namesake of her Power, Spencer's Last Breath
- Philip Elliott - a soon-to-have-been patient at Crotus Prenn
Affiliated to Michael Myers - The Shape
- Dr. Sam Loomis - Michael's psychiatrist
- Cynthia Myers - Michael's younger sister, also known as Laurie Strode
- Judith M. Myers - Michael's older sister
Affiliated to Herman Carter - The Doctor
- Otto Stamper - Herman's mentor at the Léry's Memorial Institute
Affiliated to Anna - The Huntress
Affiliated to Bubba Sawyer - The Cannibal
- Drayton Sawyer - Bubba's eldest brother
- Franklin Hardesty - Sally Hardesty's disabled brother and 4th victim to Bubba
- Nubbins Sawyer - Bubba's brother
- Sally Hardesty - Bubba's antagonist in the original timeline
Affiliated to Quentin Smith
- Nancy Holbrook - Freddy's antagonist and obsession, and Quentin's love interest
Affiliated to Amanda Young - The Pig
- Cecil Adams - Amanda's boyfriend
- Gideon John Kramer - John and Jill's unborn late son
- Jill Tuck - John's wife
- John Kramer - Amanda's mentor
Affiliated to Jeffrey Hawk - The Clown
Affiliated to Rin Yamaoka - The Spirit
Affiliated to F. J. S. J. - The Legion
Affiliated to Jane Romero
- Loretta Lawrence - Jane's celebrity mother
Affiliated to Ash Williams
- Pablo Simon Bolivar - Ash's friend, co-worker, and the creator of his hand
- Kelly Maxwell - Ash's co-worker
- Brandy Barr - Ash's long lost daughter
- Linda Emery - Ash's former girlfriend and high-school sweetheart.
Characters in Yellow are Moderators on the Steam Forums or Staff at Behaviour.
- Dwight Fairfield: Alpha version (original promotional material)
- Meg Thomas: Alpha version (original promotional material
- Claudette Morel: Alpha version (original Trailer)
- Jake Park: Alpha version (original Trailer)
- Patch 1.5.0 added a new feature called Character Info, which can be brought up with F1 (PC), giving an overview of a Character, including their Lore and unlocked Teachable Perks.
- Every playable Character has their own unique Bloodweb .
- As each Character's load-out is saved separately, Items cannot be transferred to other characters (with an exception to Teachable Perks).
- However, Items and Add-ons can be transferred between players in-game by having another player picking up an Item that another player has dropped.