|“||The first time I found a chest, I didn’t manage to open it before a killer caught me. I got exuberated as something new shined some light on this hellish life I now live. I did not pay enough attention. But the next time I was more careful and I managed to loot it. But I must grasp whatever I find with my hands, cause all is lost if the killers lays his hands on me.||„|
|~ Benedict Baker's Journal|
Overview[edit | edit source]
Chests have predetermined possible spawn locations throughout the Maps and the Map Generator will randomly pick a couple of said locations to spawn a Chest in. Only the single Chest found within the Basement is guaranteed to spawn: appearing in either the far right or the far left corner of the room (relative to the entrance stairs).
Searching[edit | edit source]
Searching through Chests produces audible noise for up to 20 metres. Quickly interrupting the Search interaction will result in the Chest slamming shut, which will generate a noise notification for the Killer. If a Survivor cancels the search before completion, the Chest will be closed first before the Survivor can move again. Additionally, searching a Chest allows the Killer to grab the Survivors, similar to repairing a Generator or cleansing a Totem .
Spawn Frequency[edit | edit source]
By default, 3 Chests will spawn each Trial. The amount of Chests can be influenced by the following Offerings :
- For Survivors:
- For Killers:
Loot[edit | edit source]
Note: the Rarity of the discovered Item is determined by the Survivor who completes the Search interaction, not the one who initiated it. The maximum possible Rarity of an Item is Ultra Rare.
Change Log[edit | edit source]
- Increased the maximum Rarity of Loot from Very Rare to Ultra Rare.
- Added a minimum spawn distance in-between Chests as they interfered with the spawns of Jigsaw Boxes .
- Found Items will now require to be picked up even when not already having one equipped.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A change that was done to the Chests for the Winter Solstice 2018 Event made it possible for Ultra Rare Items to spawn in them.
- That change was an unintended side-effect. The Developers decided to make it a permanent feature after receiving much positive feedback from the Community.
- Progression of searching a Chests is accumulative between all Survivors and will be saved upon cancelling the interaction prematurely.
- Completing a Chest Search will leave the found Item within the Chest and require the Player to actively pick it up.
- Up until Patch 2.5.0, completing a Chest Search without an Item equipped would automatically equip the found Item.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Bear Traps||Chests||Crows||Dark Mist||Exit Gates||Generators||Hatch|