Chests

From Dead by Daylight Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Dbd-journal-chest.png The first time I found a chest, I didn’t manage to open it before a killer caught me. I got exuberated as something new shined some light on this hellish life I now live. I did not pay enough attention. But the next time I was more careful and I managed to loot it. But I must grasp whatever I find with my hands, cause all is lost if the killers lays his hands on me.
~ Benedict Baker's Journal
Dbd-gameplay-crate.png

The Chests is an interactive object which Survivors IconHelpLoading survivor.png can search in order to acquire Items IconHelp items.png within a trial.


Overview[edit | edit source]

Chests may appear in a variety of positions according to the Map, but their spawn location is determined randomly (among these possible positions) at the beginning of the trial. Chests spawn positions are weighted, with certain positions being more likely to contain Chests than other positions. Only the single Chests found within the Basement IconHelp basement.png is guaranteed: appearing in either the far right or far left corner of the room (relative to the entrance stairs).

Searching a Chests produces audible noise for up to 20 meters. Interrupting the search interaction will result in the Chests slamming shut loudly, which will generate a noise notification. If a Survivor IconHelpLoading survivor.png cancels the search of a Chests before completion, they are required to first close the Chests before being able to move. Additionally, searching a Chests allows Killers IconHelpLoading killer.png to grab and carry Survivors IconHelpLoading survivor.png, similar to Generators IconHelpLoading generators.png or Totems IconHelpLoading totem.png.

Spawn Frequency[edit | edit source]

By default, three Chests will spawn at the beginning of each trial. The amount of Chests can be influenced by the following Coin Offerings:

Note: at maximum, there can be a total of eleven Chests per trial, and at minimum, a single Chests per trial (within the Basement IconHelp basement.png).


Loot[edit | edit source]

The loot gained from a Chests is random. The Items obtained from a Chests can be influenced through a variety of means:

Note: the Rarity of the Item discovered within Chests is determined by the Survivor IconHelpLoading survivor.png who completes the search interaction.


Trivia[edit | edit source]

  • Unlike other interactive objects in the game (such as Generators IconHelpLoading generators.png or Totems IconHelpLoading totem.png), holding a movement direction while interacting with a Chests will cancel the interaction at random.
  • Progression of searching a Chests is accumulative between all Survivors IconHelpLoading survivor.png (i.e. if one Survivor searches 90% of a Chests, another will only need to search the remaining 10% to acquire the item.)
  • Completion of searching a Chests without an item in hand will automatically equip the item.
    • Completion of searching a Chests while holding an item in hand will leave the found item within the Chests.


Gallery[edit | edit source]


Props
IconPowers trap.png Bear Traps Dbd-gameplay-crate.png Chests IconPerks spiesFromTheShadows.png Crows IconFavors murkyReagent.png Dark Mist IconHelp exitGates.png Exit Gates IconHelpLoading generators.png Generators IconHelpLoading hatch.png Hatch
IconHelpLoading hook.png Hooks IconHelp jigsawBoxes.png Jigsaw Boxes IconHelp lockers.png Lockers IconFavors quarterMoonBouquet.png Moonlight IconHelp pullDown.png Pallets IconHelpLoading totem.png Totems IconHelp window.png Windows