Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Danny "Jed Olsen" Johnson
|The Ghost Face|
|Danny "Jed Olsen" Johnson|
|"The Ghost Face"|
|115 % | 4.6 m/s|
|90 % | 3.6 m/s (Crouch)|
|CHAPTER XII: Ghost Face®|
|Voice Actor Unknown|
|Slasher Character 16|
He was introduced as the Killer of CHAPTER XII: Ghost Face®, a Chapter DLC released on 18 June 2019.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Background
- 3 The Ghost Face's Perks
- 4 Load-out
- 5 Achievements
- 6 Customisation
- 7 Change Log
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Gallery
The Ghost Face is a creepy Killer, able to stalk his victims and sneak up silently using his Power, Night Shroud. Affected Survivors will find themselves vulnerable and oblivious to his presence and must use all of their perception and awareness to protect themselves from his approach.
Difficulty rating Hard
(based on the amount of time and effort that is required to properly learn to play him and use his Power effectively)
Danny Johnson, known as Jed Olsen by some, grabbed the newspaper from the kitchen counter: it was a week old, but his face was on the front page, grainy and sunken. It was one of those muggy afternoons in Florida when heat and humidity permeated everything in the kitchen, making him sweat while standing still. He slouched in a damp chair to read. This article had better be good—his work in Roseville had been outstanding.
GHOST FACE DISAPPEARS June 18, 1993
At first glance, Jed Olsen was a modest and enthusiastic freelancer with experience in a variety of small newspapers. The staff at the Roseville Gazette appreciated how easy-going and honest he seemed, and so he was treated as a stranger for no more than five minutes into his interview:
"Jed quickly spotted the editor-in-chief in the room, gave him a wide smile and a firm handshake, and talked about good old American values. And that was it, he was in." —Ex-Contributor at the Roseville Gazette
Olsen never justified his erratic career path, which zigzagged between several small towns from Utah to Pennsylvania. There was no verification of his previous jobs. He had a decent portfolio plus a good attitude, and they needed a contributor right away.
THE ROSEVILLE MURDERS
Olsen had been working at the newspaper for five months when the Roseville Murders began: victims from young to old, stabbed to death in their homes. From the reports, the victims seemed chosen at random, yet the killer knew his way around in the houses. The multiple stab wounds indicated a personal motive. No traces of DNA were found. The local police were confounded: the murders were carried with fury akin to a crime of passion yet coldly premeditated.
The murderer also liked to stalk his targets. Two victims had reported being followed on their way home by a dark figure, a few days prior their death. The killer would follow them from Walleyes, a small bar in Northern Roseville, and snap pictures of them at home, while looking for a way in. He could watch the same victim for weeks, meticulously registering their habits and routines. When he felt the urge to kill, he'd visit the most vulnerable victim on his list, and break inside the house quietly.
The whole staff worked on the Roseville Murders story. Olsen was often sent to interview the family of victims and relay official statements from the police. Unknown to everyone at the time, his involvement added to the final body count.
THE GHOST FACE
Panic swelled in Roseville when Olsen produced footage of a hooded figure breaking into a house at night. The masked face, a white blur in the dark, stared at the camera for a second, before disappearing inside. “The Ghost Face Caught on Tape” was the resulting article, written by Olsen. He seemed proud of his work at the time, enjoying how the whole town feared his ghost stories.
Weeks later, Olsen left a note on his work desk and disappeared:
"I hope you liked my stories--I enjoyed bringing them to life. Don't worry, I'm not done." –Jed Olsen
The Roseville law enforcement still refuses to comment as Jed Olsen remains at large.
Danny smiled, ripping out the article from the newspaper. When the investigation had been pointing to him, he’d packed his bags and left Roseville swiftly.
He got up, the clammy seat pulling his skin. An oppressive humidity engulfed him as he entered the bedroom. Condensation dribbled on a small misted-up window as bits of cracked wallpaper hung limply. Its floral pattern was covered with gruesome photos and newspaper headlines. Danny pinned the week-old article on top of a picture of lacerated scalps. A faint pang of hunger hit him, and he wondered when he had eaten last. Was it this morning, while washing his knife and clothes? Or was it last night, after following that girl down the street? He couldn't remember clearly.
Taking a step back, he admired his work on the wall. His mind drifted, remembering all the articles he’d written, the stories he’d planned, and the scenes he’d brought to life.
A shiver ran through him. A chilling breeze transformed the bedroom's humidity into an opaque, freezing Fog. A woman shrieked. Dead leaves crunched under his feet. He smiled in anticipation.
The Ghost Face's Perks
These are Perks which start off only appearing in The Ghost Face's Bloodweb . After achieving Level 30, Teachable versions of these Perks can be found:
- I'm All Ears - Level 30
- Thrilling Tremors - Level 35
- Furtive Chase - Level 40
Once obtained, other Killers will be able to find The Ghost Face's Perks in their respective Bloodwebs from that point onwards.
|I'm All Ears||
Your keen senses are sharpened in the dark Realm of The Entity .
Unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability.
Any Survivor performing a rushed action within 48 metres from your location will have their Aura revealed to you for 6 seconds.
I'm All Ears can only be triggered once every 60/50/40 seconds.
"There is no need to worry. I've been preparing my whole life for this. - The Ghost Face"
Your dark designs and shrewd composure rouse The Entity .
After picking up a Survivor, all Generators not being repaired by Survivors are blocked by The Entity and cannot be repaired for the next 16 seconds.
Affected Generators are highlighted by a white Aura .
Thrilling Tremors can only be triggered once every 100/80/60 seconds.
"The night assists me and it's endless here." - The Ghost Face
You become obsessed with one Survivor.
You lurk in the shadows, eliminating your victims one by one.
When your Obsession is hooked, Furtive Chase receives a Token, up to a maximum of 2/3/4 Tokens.
Each Token decreases your Terror Radius by 4 metres while in a Chase.
When a Survivor rescues the Obsession from a Hook, the rescuer becomes the Obsession. You lose all Tokens if the Obsession is sacrificed or killed.
The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.
"You have no idea what I have planned for you. It'll be in the news for weeks. I'll make sure of that." — The Ghost Face
Weapon: Tactical Knife
The Tactical Knife is the Primary Weapon of The Ghost Face. See how the streetlights glint on the razor-sharp edge? Anyone should feel honoured to feel it sliding through their ribcage.
Power: Night Shroud
The Ghost Face used to study his victims for weeks, meticulously registering their habits. When the urge to kill swelled, he'd know exactly how and where to strike.
Press the Power button to activate Night Shroud when the Power gauge is full.
- While Night Shroud is active, Ghost Face has no Terror Radius and emits no Red Stain.
- Performing a basic attack will fully deplete the Power gauge and deactivate Night Shroud.
- Survivors within a close proximity to Ghost Face can detect him by looking in his direction for 1.5 seconds. This will fully deplete the Power gauge and automatically deactivate Night Shroud.
Hold down the Power button to stalk your victims while Night Shroud is active. Hold down the Power button while behind cover to lean out and stalk at a faster rate.
- Completing stalk progress on a Survivor will mark your target and apply the Exposed Status Effect to your Mark for a limited amount of time.
Press the Active Ability button to crouch. Press it again to stand.
- While crouched, Ghost Face moves at a slower speed.
"Don't mind me. That's it, keep going. Perfect. That's the image I'll keep of you." — The Ghost Face
Add-ons for Night Shroud
|"Philly"||A stolen camera from a victim of Olsen in Philadelphia, where he worked before. The film inside captured his last night in the city.
"Gotta love Philly: keeps giving and giving and I don't wanna forget any of it". — The Ghost Face
|Walleyes Matchbook||A sheet of matches from Walleyes, a small bar in Northern Roseville. A victim's phone number is scribbled in blue. One of the incriminating pieces of evidence found.
|Headlines Cut-outs||Cut-outs of articles covering unsolved murder cases from Utah to Pennsylvania. While Ghost Face just authored some of the headlines, he committed all of the murders. Compiling your success makes you proud and boosts your confidence.
|Cheap Cologne||Dollar store cologne with a pungent scent of rubbing alcohol. Worn by The Ghost Face to make his presence known. Reserved for impromptu visits.
|Telephoto Lens||A manual focus lens to remain undetected while taking pictures from afar.
|Reusable Cinch Straps||Black straps that keep everything in place while on the prowl.
|Olsen's Journal||A spiral notebook filled with stained, handwritten entries. The journal details different equipment used to stalk victims. Going through your past methods triggers thrilling memories.
|Olsen's Address Book||Filled in blunt, blue crabbed writing. All the Roseville murder victims are listed there, along with their phone number and address.
|Marked Map||The annotated map of Northern Roseville, Florida. Each 'X' represents a victim of The Ghost Face. Mapping out your targets allows you to roam the streets undetected.
|Olsen's Wallet||Olsen's wallet holds thirty dollars in cash, a video club membership card, and a folded picture of Olsen's first Roseville victim. Carrying incriminating evidence boosts your excitement and resolve.
|Leather Knife Sheath||A quiet and flexible sheath to carry your blade. Movement is easier when things are fastened into place.
|Lasting Perfume||An overpowering musky fragrance worn by Ghost Face to announce his presence. Reserved for the victims he planned to write about.
|Knife Belt Clip||A perfect belt clip to scout carry your blade discreetly. No one knows what you are planning to do tonight.
|Chewed Pen||A blue pen with a chewed cap that holds traces of Danny's DNA. Incriminating evidence that was never found.
|Victim's Detailed Routine||A ripped page outlining the weekly routine of Olsen's first victim in Roseville. Compiling your victim's habits allows you to anticipate their movements.
"I've been watching you for a while. I wanted this to be special; the kind of headlines that people don't forget". — The Ghost Face
|Night Vision Monocular||Night vision lens enabling sharp photos even when shrouded in darkness. Ideal for discreet, impromptu visits late at night.
|Drop-Leg Knife Sheath||A sheath allowing for a full motion range: ideal to inflict quick and powerful wounds while moving freely. Stolen from a patrol officer the night Danny left Philadelphia.
"Gotta get ready like a scout — without the stupid patches. What I get is much better." — The Ghost Face
|Driver's License||A driver's license revealing Olsen's true identity: Danny Johnson.
"They all want to know who Ghost Face is. But what they should ask is, who's next." — The Ghost Face
|"Ghost Face Caught on Tape"||A tape obtained by Olsen to write an article that terrorised Roseville.
"In this footage, a dark figure is seen entering a house late at night in Northern Roseville, Florida. The police were called the next morning to report a murder in the area. Lock your doors: a Killer is in our midst, roaming freely, like a ghost in the night." — The Roseville Gazette
|Outdoor Security Camera||A small surveillance camera that filmed Ghost Face breaking into a house on Belleview Road in Northern Roseville. The camera was positioned at the perfect angle to catch a glimpse of Ghost Face without providing any real clue to the police.
"An image is worth a thousand words". — The Ghost Face
- Main article: Achievements
There is currently 2 Achievements related to The Ghost Face.
|Adept Ghost Face||Achieve a Merciless Victory with The Ghost Face using only his Unique Perks: I'm All Ears , Thrilling Tremors & Furtive Chase .|
|Totally Vulnerable||With The Ghost Face , down a total of 50 Marked Survivors .|
Players may customise their Character by choosing one outfit style from each category. Blood-stained attire is obtained after The Ghost Face reaches Level 50 and prestiges.
The Ghost Face's attire includes:
|Monochrome Shroud||Common||Black for the night, white for the traditional shroud of death.||CHAPTER XII: Ghost Face®|
|Silvery Steel Tactical Knife||Common||The colored handle may not affect the blade, but it certainly looks sharper.||CHAPTER XII: Ghost Face®|
- Main article: Downloadable Content
The Ghost Face is currently part of 1 DLC package:
- Slightly reduced the stalk rate add-ons: Telephoto Lens (to -0.25 seconds, down from -0.5 seconds total stalk time required), Night Vision Monocular (to -0.75 seconds, down from -1.0 seconds total stalk time required).
- Adjusted all stalk rate add-ons (Philly, Telephoto Lens, Knife Belt Clip and Night Vision Monocular) so that they only affect stalking while not leaning. Stalking while leaning is twice faster than normal stalking.
- Slightly increased the Killer Instinct base duration to 2 seconds from 1.5 seconds.
- Slightly increased Killer Instinct add-ons: Marked Map (to 1 second, up from 0.5 seconds), Victim’s Detailed Routine (to 1.5 seconds, up from 1.0 seconds).
- Slightly increased the Detection area in the center of screen for Survivors attempting to reveal The Ghost Face by 4% on each side of the screen (total of 8%).
- Fixed an issue that allowed The Ghost Face to stay Night Shroud when stunned by a pallet.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Ghost Face to continue stalking already Marked Survivors.
- Removed the proximity Sound that the Killer generated while in Night Shroud (only his clothes emit sound while he moves).
- The Ghost Face was leaked on the last Mid-Chapter Update. Instead of releasing Patch 2.7.0, the Developers accidentally released a Developer Build of the upcoming chapter for some players. As soon as they realised this happened, they forced all players out of the game and the ones who had this build had to download the right update. However, during this time, multiple screen-shots were taken and some players were also streaming at this moment.
- The Ghost Face is not the Killer from the Scream films, but rather an original character based on the Mask the franchise used for their Killers. This is because the copyrights for the Mask and for the films are entirely separate due to the films using a pre-existing Character Mask for their Killer.
- Nevertheless, the way the Ghost Face wipes the blood off his weapon is quite similar to the way the original Ghostface does that in the Scream franchise.
- The Ghost Face is the first Chapter Killer to come without an accompanying Survivor or Map.
- The Ghost Face is the first licensed Killer to have access to a selection of Customisation Items on the Store which can be purchased with Auric Cells.
- The Ghost Face is the seventh Killer to wear a Mask.
- The Ghost Face does not climb over the Window when vaulting, but hoists himself through it.
- The Ghost Face is one of the more human-looking Killers in the Game, without any physical alterations.
- Ghost Face's flying straps of his outfit represent his connection to The Entity .
- In one of the Developer's Streams, The Ghost Face was described as "a bit narcissistic".
- The Ghost Face is the first Killer to have a unique running animation when in a Chase.
- When Ghost Face was leaked, he had a different Memento Mori animation, using a mobile phone to snap a picture, instead of a digital camera.
- The Ghost Face is one of four Killers that can instantly put Survivors into the Dying State without any Perks or Add-ons .
For more go to The Ghost Face's Gallery