23 June to 14 July 2020
- Perk descriptions may vary from in-game descriptions for reasons explained here.
Perks support Mouse-over functionality (desktop version only): hovering over the modifier words with your cursor will reveal the values behind them.
|Icon||Tier I||Tier II||Tier III||Description|
|60 seconds||50 seconds||40 seconds||Activate-able Perk.
You can take a beating. When Injured, tap into your adrenaline bank and dash forward quickly to avoid damage.
Causes the Exhausted Status Effect for 60/50/40 seconds.
Dead Hard cannot be used when Exhausted.
You do not recover from Exhaustion while running.
"We were walkin' through t'ginnel one night when a beer bottle flew past me, then another, and another. I thought to myself "Gonna 'ave some fun 'ere lads, let's get stuck in!". It were a right dust up, I swear down!" — David King
- Activating Dead Hard will remove the Survivor's hit-box for the duration of the dash.
- That can be used to go through a Bear Trap without getting caught in it.
- Dead Hard is particularly strong against The Nurse, as using it against her post-blink Lunge will render her unable to damage you and force her to fatigue.
- However, a lot of Players use it prematurely, before the actual post-blink Lunge, so if The Nurse has another chain blink in store, she can potentially counter Dead Hard.
- Quality of Life: adjusted the speed curve of Dead Hard to have it match the animation.
- This is step 1 of 2 steps to make the use of Dead Hard more visible to a Killer.
- Quality of Life: added a new animation to indicate that the Perk is active.
- This is step 2 of 2 steps to make the use of Dead Hard more visible to a Killer.
- Quality of Life: removed the speed bonus while in the air. This change aims to fix a variety of game hostage issues in multiple Maps.
- The Perk was originally to be called Line Break according to an interview with Mathieu Cote (Producer).
- The activate ability button is bound to 'E/A/X/B' by default (PC/XBOX/PS/Switch).
- The exact duration of the dash triggered by this Perk is stated as being 0.5 seconds, with the movement speed curve peaking at 250 % of a Survivor's base running speed.
- Dead Hard allowed the Player to dash through the Exit Gate barrier, allowing them to roam the outskirts of the Map beyond the border walls. This was patched to no longer function.