Dead by Daylight Wiki:Wiki Rules
In order to keep the Dead by Daylight Wiki free of spam and unnecessary items, there are a few rules we ask you to abide by when editing and creating pages:
§1 Dead by Daylight's EULA
- Anything that is against the Dead by Daylight End User License Agreement and/or brand guidelines is not allowed on the Wiki.
§2 Editing Conduct
- Vandalism, Spam and disruptive editing are not allowed.
- Advertising is not allowed.
- Avoid posting off-topic content.
- Defamatory or false content is not tolerated on this Wiki.
§3 Copyrighted Material
- Uploading copyrighted material which is in blatant violation of fair use is not permitted.
- In case copyrighted material is uploaded to the Wiki, the uploader takes legal responsibility for it.
- Wiki Material containing the Copyright:Wiki Template was made specifically to be used on the Wiki and people seeking to use it for other purposes must have explicit permission from the authors.
§4 Communication Standards
- Be respectful to everyone.
- Harassment, insults and personal attacks are not tolerated. Keep discussion as civil as possible.
- Defamation can result in a block without warning.
§5 Speculative Content
- Avoid posting speculative content on the Wiki. This includes leaked content.
- The Wiki Administrators reserve the right to delete any content not confirmed by BHVR from the Wiki.
§6 Article and File Deletions
- We are not a file-hosting service. If an image is uploaded and not integrated into a useful article soon after, we reserve the right to delete it without notice.
- Articles that do not meet the standards described here may also be deleted.
§7 Edit Warring
- A contributor must not perform more than three reversions, in whole or in part, to a single Dead by Daylight Wiki article within a 24 hour period.
- This does not imply that reverting three times or fewer is acceptable.
- For the purpose of counting reverts, these are excluded:
- reverting your own changes
- fixing simple vandalism
- removing posts by a banned user
- reverting edits clearly not adding anything to the article
- reverting edits to your user pages
- Using alternate accounts to bypass this rule is also a violation of policy.
- In case users progressively revert changes from one another more than three times, the affected article will be locked until the users reach consensus.
- The consequences of breaking this rule are decided on a case-by-case basis, but can result in a block if the Wiki Administrators deem it necessary.
§8 External Links
- External links to other Wikis are generally not allowed. Exceptions to this rule are decided on a case-by-case basis.
- Links to official sources related to Dead by Daylight or BHVR are allowed.
- Vandalism includes:
- Removing valid content without explanation or an explanation that makes no sense.
- Posting items strictly forbidden by these rules.
- Adding any kind offensive words, terms or phrases to articles.
- Adding gibberish/nonsense to articles.
- A user can be blocked by Administrators if they deem necessary to do so.
- Blocks may be appealed if their duration doesn't exceed one month. This can be done in a few ways:
- On their talk page if it is unlocked
- By contacting an Administrator
- On the Wiki's Discord Server
§11 Username Policy
- Offensive, misleading, or otherwise unacceptable usernames are not allowed and will be blocked indefinitely until the username is changed.
- For that matter, the user should appeal on their talk page after they changed their username.
§12 Alternate Accounts
- Maintaining more than one account is generally discouraged.
- Abusing alternate accounts will not be tolerated.
§13 New Policy Suggestions
- New policies may be suggested by users by adding them to the talk page of this article.
- Once a valid minor policy has been suggested, the Wiki Administrators will vote on it. Major policies will be voted on by the Wiki Admins and the Wiki's Community.
- If minor policies pass by unanimous consent, the policy will be instantly ratified and adopted.
- If they pass by a simple majority or if the vote is tied, the Community gets the final vote on it.
- Policies may be vetoed by the Wiki Administrators.
Please note: Take a look at this style guide for more detailed guidelines on how articles should be formatted.
Thank you for following these rules.