Dwight was geeky and scrawny through high school. He always wanted to be one of the cool kids, but somehow never had the charisma. He tried out for the football team but was cut, the basketball team didn't even take a look, and his grades were distinctly below average. One weekend, on a team building exercise from his dead-end job, Dwight's boss led them deep into the woods before breaking out his family recipe moonshine. Dwight remembered taking the first sip before waking up late the next morning all alone. During the night, the others had abandoned him. Once again, the laughing stock of the community Dwight tried to hike his way out of the woods. That was the last anyone ever heard of Dwight Fairfield.Dwight isn't the typical guy you think of when someone says "Survivor". He lacks that certain pizazz and without his glasses he's more or less blind. But as the sun sets and the woods comes alive, Dwight clasps to his rat race life, making sure that he'll live to see another day even though something unimaginable is after him. Dwight won't stop. He'll survive no matter what. As others spent hours being seen in high school. He spent hours becoming invisible and avoiding danger. And it doesn't matter if it's dangers in the hallway or dangers in the woods. Survival is key. As other employees panic when terror infects them, Dwight makes use of his disturbing teen experience. The tables have now turned and now others need to follow to Dwight's firm directions if they are to survive as he knows how to disappear.
These are perks which start off only appearing in Dwight's Bloodweb . After achieving level 30, teachable versions of these perks can be found:
- Bond - level 30
- Prove Thyself - level 35
- Leader - level 40
If obtained other survivors are able to find Dwight's perks in their Bloodwebs from that point on.
Dwight is skilled at finding others and working as a group. His perks help him and others, by keeping them together and alive. Thus, this means that Dwight's perks are centered around others.
Unlocks potential in one's Aura reading ability. Allies' Auras are revealed to you when they are within 12/24/36 metres.
"We have to work as a team, I need you to survive so that I can survive!" — Dwight Fairfield
Receive an incremental speed bonus to repair, healing and sabotage actions when other Survivors are within an 8 metre range.
"I'll show you what I can do!" — Dwight Fairfield
You're able to organize a team to cooperate more efficiently. Increases the other Survivors' Repair, Healing and Sabotage speed by 3/6/9 % when they are within an 8 metre range from you.
"Listen to me if you don't wanna end up on a hook." — Dwight Fairfield
- Main article: Achievements
There is currently 1 achievement which is related to Dwight.
|Adept Dwight||Unlock Dwight's 3 perks and teachable perks.|
Players can customize their character by choosing one outfit style from each category. Blood-stained attire is obtained after Dwight reaches level 50 and prestiges.
Some items of clothing can only be worn if the appropriate DLC is owned.
Dwight's attire includes:
- Prestige I - Bloody Friday Shirt (Torso)
- Prestige II - Bloody Slacks (Legs)
- Prestige III - Bloody Dwight (Head)
- Main article: Downloadable Content
Dwight is currently part of 8 DLC packages:
- Dweard + Sharp Mustache Jake
- YouTubers/Streamers Exclusive (Admiral Bahroo & Twitch Exclusive)
- Red Shirt Pack (REQUIRES Left 4 Dead or Left 4 Dead 2)
- Dwight is one of the four original Survivors who were first introduced to Dead by Daylight .
- Dwight is one of three Survivors to wear glasses.
- There are various internet memes that circulate amongst the community concerning Dwight, as he is stereotyped as the "noob" or "default" character. Another stereotype is that Dwight players are traditionally located inside lockers, and not assisting his fellow survivors, which is (as his perks suggest) his primary role.
- Dwight's first job was a pizza delivery guy.
- The creators of Dead by Daylight are selling merchandise that includes "Dwight Fairfield's First Job Shirt"
- A meme called "The Cult of Dwight" which consists of Dwight Players following around the Killer staring at him/her.