Overview[edit | edit source]
Survivors have 3 Health States: Healthy, Injured and Dying.
Health states can affect a Survivor's prowess at surviving and also inhibit certain interactions.
Healthy[edit | edit source]
This is the default Health State of Survivors, they start the trial in this Health State, with the exception of Survivors using the Perk No Mither .
Healthy Survivors can perform all interactions and move at their default Movement Speed. They don't make excessive noises other than heavy breathing after running.
Damage[edit | edit source]
Double Damage[edit | edit source]
Receiving double damage from a Killer's Power, or a Killer's Weapon puts Healthy Survivors directly into the Dying State.
Powers dealing Double Damage[edit | edit source]
- Chainsaw (Hillbilly)
- Evil Within III (Shape)
- Bubba's Chainsaw (Cannibal)
Add-ons dealing Double Damage[edit | edit source]
Perks dealing Double Damage[edit | edit source]
Injured[edit | edit source]
This is the default Health State of Survivors using the Perk No Mither
Receiving damage from a Killer's Power or Weapon puts Injured Survivors into the Dying State.
Dying[edit | edit source]
In the Dying State, a Survivor's movement speed is limited to a slow crawl.
A crawling Survivor has two options: recover as much health as they can (at maximum 85 % at a rate of 40 % of the normal Healing speed), or crawl away to find help. Without the aid of certain Perks , a Survivor cannot fully recover by themselves; they will need another Survivor to finish healing them. A crawling Survivor can be picked by the Killer and brought to a sacrificial Hooks .
While in the Dying State, Survivors slowly bleed out till death (after 240 seconds). The bleed-out progress can be seen below the Survivor's Status Icon in the HUD.
Dying Survivors can see the Auras of their team mates and vice versa. Dying Survivors can use their team mates' locations to determine whether they should move or attempt to recover.
- It takes 240 seconds (4 minutes) for a Dying Survivor to bleed out and die.
- A Killer can see the Aura of a Dying Survivor if they have the Perk Deerstalker .
- Unbreakable and No Mither allow a Survivor to fully recover from the Dying State.
- Adrenaline instantly recovers a Survivor from any Health State when the Exit Gates become powered.
- A Killer using the Perk Knock Out will prevent the other Survivors from seeing the Dying Survivor's Aura outside of a certain range, similar to a reverse Deerstalker .
- Survivors can reduce the grunting by using the Perk No Mither .
Healing[edit | edit source]
Healing can put Survivors back into higher Health States.
- It is possible to heal oneself with a Med-Kit , the Perk Self-Care or being healed by other Survivors back to Healthy with the exception of Survivors using No Mither , those cannot be healed past the Injured State.
- A Killer can see the Auras of a Survivor being healed or healing themselves with the Perk A Nurse's Calling .