|“||The only possible escape lies behind huge ornate metal gates. They taunt me every time I lay my eyes on them keeping me in, as a caged animal. But as I discovered, they can be opened. Somehow these generators are the key to getting them open. As I managed to repair enough of them, the gates opened, and I ran with all my soul towards the campfire in the distance. Sometimes I escape and sometimes I stare the Entity in the eye and wake up at the never ending fire. Why aren’t the killers following me through the gates? I might never know.||„|
|~ Benedict Baker's Journal|
|“||It seemed to me that repairing those Generators was the only way to power this Switch Box. What would happen if I were to activate it?.||„|
|~ Mysterious Note|
Although Exit Gates are visible from the beginning of the trial, they will remain in a deactivated state until enough Generators have been repaired by Survivors.
The remaining number will be displayed to both the Survivors and the Killer in the bottom left of their screen. The amount of Generators Survivors need to fix in order to activate the Exit Gates is the number of Survivors loaded into the trial plus one.
Once enough Generators have been repaired, both the Survivors and the Killer will receive an auditory and visual cue, displaying the location of the Exit Gates (shortly for Survivors, permanently for Killers). Survivors may also use Wake Up! to see the location of the Gates when within range.
Exit Gates take 20 seconds to open, and each of the three red lights above the switch box will become lit after a specific percentage interval (25 %, 50 %, and 75 %). If a player stops opening a gate, its progress will be saved. It is possible for a Survivor to escape through an Exit Gate even if they are in the Dying State .
Once the Exit Gates have been opened, if the Killer walks near the escape boundary, The Entity will spawn the same spikes that usually block vaults for Survivors, stopping the Killer from leaving the Trial grounds. Those Exit Gate spikes may also appear for Survivors for as long as the Killer Perk Blood Warden is active.
Due to the height of the walls on The Underground Complex map and the fact that it is situated underground, it has Exit Doors instead of Exit Gates. The Exit Switch look the same, the doors, however, look completely different.
There is also completely different animation for the opening of the Exit Doors: both sides of the door slide sidewards and a metallic plate behind the door rises upwards.
- Increased the opening time of Exit Gates from formerly 15 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Gaining Tokens with Remember Me will increase the duration of the opening sequence by increments of 4 seconds up to a total of 8/12/16 additional seconds.
- Wake Up! will reveal the Gates' Auras once they are powered and also accelerate the opening sequence by 5/10/15 %.
- Blood Warden will temporarily stop Survivors from leaving through the Exit Gates by blocking them with the Entity spikes should a Survivor be hooked post-exit.
- The Pig can stop Survivors from escaping through the Exit Gates as an activated Reverse Bear Trap will trigger if a Survivor tries to leave with it still on their head.
|Alarm Clocks||Bear Traps||Chests||Crows|
|Dark Mist||Exit Gates||Generators||Hatch|
|Pallets||Pools of Devotion||Totems||Windows|