- This article is an overview of all Flashlights featured in Dead by Daylight. For other uses, see Flashlight (disambiguation).
Overview[edit | edit source]
Flashlights can be used to blind the Killer. Blinding the Killer while they are carrying a Survivor will stun them for a few seconds and cause them to drop the Survivor.
- Shining a Flashlight upon the Wraith when he is cloaked or in the act of uncloaking will trigger the Lightburn effect, stunning him for a few seconds and forcing an instant uncloak.
- Shining a Flashlight upon one of the Hag's Phantasm Traps will highlight and destroy it.
- Shining a Flashlight upon the Nurse while she is charging up a Blink will trigger the Lightburn effect, causing her to go straight into the fatigue from the Blink.
- Shining a Flashlight upon the face of the Spirit's Husk while she is using Yamaoka's Haunting will cause the Husk to immediately disappear.
- Blinding the Legion while they are using Feral Frenzy will cause them to immediately end Feral Frenzy with no penalty.
Original Flashlight[edit | edit source]
The original and only Flashlight up to Patch 1.1.2.
|Flashlight (Item)||A standard Flashlight.
"Most of the battery life was wastefully used by the previous owner."
New Flashlights[edit | edit source]
Patch 1.1.2 introduced two new variations with different rarities and effects for the Flashlights:
|Sport Flashlight||A very portable Flashlight with a good grip. Its efficient technology produces a powerful light while consuming less power.
|Utility Flashlight||A sturdy but heavy Flashlight that packs a lot of power.
Halloween Flashlight[edit | edit source]
|Will O' Wisp||A Flashlight equipped with a special lens cover that adds an orange tint and a little Ghost to the beam.
"Happy Trick or Treating!"
Anniversary Flashlight[edit | edit source]
|Fourth Year Flashlight||A festive Flashlight that explodes with confetti upon blinding a Killer. Surprise!
"Happy Anniversary! Here's to many more!" — The Dead by Daylight Team
Flashlight Add-ons[edit | edit source]
The following list features all available Add-ons for the Flashlight:
|Wide Lens||A thing wide lens in perfect condition. Designed to spread the Flashlight beam at the cost of reducing its range of effectiveness.
|Power Bulb||A tiny Flashlight bulb that packs more wattage for a brighter, more powerful light beam.
"Even the most powerful light cannot pierce through the Black Fog's darkness."
|Leather Grip||A leather strip wrapped around the Flashlight for more grip.
"Too many have fallen due to sweaty hands."
|Battery||A standard battery of unknown brand.
"Another nearly empty battery."
|TIR Optic||A lens and reflector combo which can magnify a Flashlight's beam.
"Let the light burn them out of their dark shroud."
|Rubber Grip||A rubber grip specifically fitting Flashlights for more grip.
|Low Amp Filament||A filament bulb designed to extend a Flashlight battery's life.
|Heavy Duty Battery||A battery marked as "industrial strength".
"A battery advertised as lasting 8 hours lasts only a couple of seconds in The Black Fog."
|Focus Lens||A thick glass lens that focuses the Flashlight beam to increase its intensity.
|Long Life Battery||A recent model of battery that lasts longer.
|Intense Halogen||A chemical bulb that generates an intensely clear light.
|High-End Sapphire Lens||A wide lens made of unscratchable sapphire that optimises the power and range of the light beam.
|Odd Bulb||A heavy and completely opaque bulb of unknown origin which emits a faint light even when turned off.