|“||These strange machines can be found across this abandoned world. They seem to be some kind of generators, fuelling lights. At first I paid no attention to them, but as days turned into months I employed all of my engineering skills to actually fix one. It attracted one of these beings that is after me. But I also noticed that they were somehow tied to something else.||„|
|~ Benedict Baker's Journal|
Overview[edit | edit source]
As the Generators have four sides, it is possible for up to four Survivors to simultaneously repair it - assuming that there are no other props blocking any of the sides. The more Survivors work on the same Generator at the same time, the faster it will repair. The time taken to repair a Generator can be further reduced with Perks or by using a Toolbox . Once fully repaired, the lights above the Generator will activate and illuminate the immediate area around the Generator, and the Killer will receive an auditory and visual cue to the Generator's location.
The number of Generators on a map will always be equal to the number of players starting the match plus two. This results in 7 Generators being placed randomly around the map, assuming that all four Survivors joined the game. For every Survivor disconnecting during the loading screen, the game will physically remove one Generator and lower the number of Generators needed be repaired in order to power the Exit Gates by one.
A Skill Check may trigger whilst a Survivor is repairing a generator. If a Survivor succeeds a Great Skill Check, the repair progress will receive a 2% bonus. If they fail a Skill Check, the Generator will explode and lose 10% of its repair progress. In addition, no progress will be gained for 3 seconds. The failing player will also display a shock animation, and the Killer will receive an auditory and visual cue to the Generator's location if they are not nearby. If a Survivor stops repairing the Generator as a Skill Check appears, the Skill Check will automatically fail.
The Killer can damage an unfinished Generator, if it has some progress on it. Doing this will regress the progress by a maximum of 100% over a duration of 70 seconds. If a Survivor resumes work before the 70 seconds are up, the damage will stop. A damaged Generator will constantly emit sparks.
If a player stops repairing a Generator, its progress will be saved. Fully repairing a Generator without the help of a Toolbox, Perks and other Survivors takes 80 seconds, assuming that no Great Skill Checks are succeeded and none failed.
Lunar Generators[edit | edit source]
The Lunar Generator was a special Generator model that was featured during the Howling Grounds Event. For every burnt Red Envelope , a Lunar Generator would spawn on the Map. Repairing the Generator would grant all Survivors a Gold Coin , 80 of which would unlook the Untamed Donkey Jacket customisation option for David King.
Up to 4 Survivors are able to repair a single Generator, given that all four sides are accessible. Each additional Survivor will boost the overall repair progress, but also reduce the personal contribution per Survivor.
|# of Survivors repairing||Individual Charges/second||Time to repair a Generator|
|1 Survivor||1 c/s||80 seconds|
|2 Survivors||0.9 c/s||44.44 seconds|
|3 Survivors||0.8 c/s||33.33 seconds|
|4 Survivors||0.7 c/s||28.57 seconds|
Change Log[edit | edit source]
- Patch 1.8.0a
- Generator regression percentage increased from a maximum of 25% to a maximum of 100%.
- Generator breaking time reduced from 3 seconds to 2 seconds.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Generators inside the houses on Lampkin Lane are yellow instead of red and don't have lights attached to them.
- Houses that have blinking light bulbs hanging from the ceiling indicate a Generator located in that house. Once that Generator is repaired, the lights will stop blinking.
- Powering the Generator on the Paddle Steamer in Pale Rose will also activate its fog horn.
- Powering the Generator inside the Gas Heaven will open the garage door.
- This opens up a new escape route for the Survivors.
- Powering the Generator in the Operation Theatre on Treatment Theatre will open all the shutter blinds on the Upper Floor.
- This opens up new escape routes for the Survivors.
- Powering the Generator inside the Pantry and the Rotten Shack in Grim Pantry will open the floodgate on the outside of the respective building
- This grants easier access to the lower floors.
- Every Generator in The Game will open a nearby door when powered.
- Powering the Exit Gates will not open the doors for the remaining unpowered Generators.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Bear Traps||Chests||Crows||Dark Mist||Exit Gates||Generators||Hatch|