|“||These strange machines can be found across this abandoned world. They seem to be some kind of generators, fuelling lights. At first I paid no attention to them, but as days turned into months I employed all of my engineering skills to actually fix one. It attracted one of these beings that is after me. But I also noticed that they were somehow tied to something else.||„|
|~ Benedict Baker, Benedict Baker's Journal|
|“||In my explorations, I found that these strange machines were the key to my survival. The more light they produced, the closer I became to my freedom.||„|
|~ Mysterious Note, Survivor Tutorial|
|“||Do not let the light in!||„|
|~ The Voices, Killer Tutorial|
Each Map features several Generators randomly located throughout it. Their number is equal to the number of Survivors spawned into the Trial plus 3.
The Survivors must fully repair all but two Generators for the Exit Gates to receive power, they can then be opened and allow Survivors to escape the Map.
As the Generators have four sides, it is possible for up to four Survivors to repair it simultaneously - assuming that there are no other Props blocking any of the sides. The more Survivors work on the same Generator at the same time, the faster it will be repaired.
The Generator repair time can be reduced even further by using certain Perks or equipping a Toolbox . Once fully repaired, the lights above the Generator will activate and illuminate the immediate area around the Generator, this will also alert the Killer , who receives an auditory and visual cue of the Generator's location.
Killers can grab a Survivor off of a Generator if the Survivor is in mid-repair and directly host them onto their shoulder.
Number of Generators
The number of Generators on a Map will always be equal to the number of Survivors starting the Trial plus 3. This results in usually 7 Generators being placed randomly throughout the Map, assuming that all four Survivors joined the game. For every Survivor disconnecting during the loading screen, the Game will remove a Generator, which also lowers the number of Generators needed to be repaired in order to power the Exit Gates.
|Survivors spawned into the Trial||Generators placed throughout the Map||Generators required to be repaired|
|4 Survivors||7 Generators||5 Generators|
|3 Survivors||6 Generators||4 Generators|
|2 Survivors||5 Generators||3 Generators|
|1 Survivor||4 Generators||2 Generators|
Like all skillful interactions, Generator Repair may trigger a Skill Check at any given moment. If a Survivor succeeds a Great Skill Check, the repair progress will receive a 2 % bonus. If they fail a Skill Check, the Generator will explode and lose 10 % repair progress. In addition, during 3 seconds, no further progress will register. The failing Survivor will shy away from the exploding Generator and shield their face. A failed Skill Check will also give the Killer an auditory and visual cue of the Generator's location. Stopping the Repair action at any moment during a Skill Check, will automatically fail it.
If a Survivor stops repairing a Generator, its current progression will be saved. Fully repairing a Generator without the help of a Toolbox, Perks and other Survivors takes 80 seconds, assuming that no Great Skill Checks are succeeded and none failed.
The Killer can damage an unfinished Generator, if it has some progress on it. Doing this will regress the current progression by a maximum of 100 % over a duration of 320 seconds or at a rate of 0.25 Charges per second. If a Survivor resumes work, the regression will stop. A regressing Generator will constantly emit sparks.
The Lunar Generator was a special Generator model that was featured during the Howling Grounds Event. For every burnt Red Envelope , a Lunar Generator would spawn on the Map. Repairing the Generator would grant all Survivors a Gold Coin , 80 of which would unlock the Untamed Donkey Jacket customization option for David King.
Frozen Cocktail Machine
The Frozen Cocktail Machine was a special Generator model that was featured during the Scorching Summer BBQ Event. By default 2 and for every burnt BBQ Invitation , a Frozen Cocktail Machine would spawn on the Map. Repairing the Generator would grant all Survivors a Frozen Cocktail , 90 of which would unlock the Free Song Bird Slip Dress customization option for Kate Denson.
Up to 4 Survivors are able to repair a single Generator, given that all four sides are accessible. Each additional Survivor will boost the overall repair progress, but also reduce the personal contribution per Survivor.
|# of Survivors repairing||Individual Charges/second||Time to repair a Generator|
|1 Survivor||1 c/s||80 seconds|
|2 Survivors||0.9 c/s||44.44 seconds|
|3 Survivors||0.8 c/s||33.33 seconds|
|4 Survivors||0.7 c/s||28.57 seconds|
- Increased the maximum Generator regression of the Damage Generator interaction from formerly 25 % to 100 %.
- Reduced the time for the Damage Generator interaction from formerly 3 seconds to 2 seconds.
- Generators inside the houses on Lampkin Lane and Badham Preschool are yellow instead of red and don't have lights attached to them.
- Houses that have blinking light bulbs hanging from the ceiling indicate an unfinished Generator located in that house. Once that Generator is repaired, the lights will stop blinking.
- Powering the Generator on the Paddle Steamer on Pale Rose will sound its fog horn, that can be heard across the entire map.
- Powering the Generator inside Gas Station on Gas Heaven will open the garage door.
- This opens up a new escape route for the Survivors.
- Powering the Generator in the Operation Theatre on Treatment Theatre will open all the shutter blinds on the Upper Floor.
- This opens up new escape routes for the Survivors.
- Powering the Generator inside the Pantry and the Rotten Shack on Grim Pantry will open the floodgates on the outside of the respective building
- This grants easier and more direct access to the Lower Floors.
- Every Generator on The Game will open a nearby door when powered, creating additional routes.
|Bear Traps||Chests||Crows||Dark Mist||Exit Gates||Generators||Hatch|