- You spawn into the Fog as Dwight Fairfield, and a message box appears saying "Welcome to the fog" and explaining what Dead by Daylight is.
- You are then tasked to repair the Generator located in front of you. Once you are finished repairing, a message appears explaining your ultimate objective: Escaping.
- You then get another objective to find and open the exit gate, and escape.
- Once you complete it, you move on to the next lesson: Skill Checks . You get a message box explaining the Skill Check mechanic, then you need to repair another Generator.
- You then get teleported near the Killer , with the Entity separating the two. You are given an objective to escape the Killer's Terror Radius.
- You then get reset again, and you get 2 message boxes explaining Stealth, Scratch Marks and Wildlife. You need to enter the Killer Shack, which is located in front of you, stealthily.
- You then need to enter the Basement and hide in a Locker as the Terror Radius starts playing.
- The Trapper goes down the Basement, finds you and hooks you.
- You then have 2 choices to escape the Hook : one of them is to try to escape yourself, the other is to wait for a teammate to rescue you.
- If you're patient, Meg is going to come and rescue you. After you've been unhooked, you are tasked with finding a way to heal, which is possible by searching the Basement's Chest . After doing it, you'll get a Med-Kit , which will be used by yourself to heal.
- After you completed said task you'll be teleported outside the Shack. At this moment, Meg is being hooked. You're tasked with saving her, then healing her.
- Finally, a message box appears explaining the importance of teamwork, then you and Meg repair the last Generator .
- After the Generator is been repaired, you can open the Exit Gate in front of you or escape via the Hatch .
- You spawn into the fog as The Trapper, and a message box appears saying "As the entity commands" and explaining what Dead by Daylight is.
- A message box appears explaining what Slashing is, and you are tasked with hooking a survivor who has stepped in a Bear Trap , marked by their red Aura .
- Once you do so, 2 message boxes explaining the Struggle State and Sacrifices appear.
- You are then teleported around Meg, and a message box appears explaining what Lunge attacks are, you are then tasked with finding and hooking Meg, with an optional task to lunge attack her.
- You go around a couple boulders, and you find Meg. She then drops a Pallet and walks to your right and sneaks right past you as you break the pallet, triggering a Chase.
- Once you hit her, a message box appears explaining the many ways you can track Survivors . You then hit her again, you down her, and you hook her.
- You are then teleported near a partially completed Generator , and a message box appears explaining the ability to damage partially repaired Generators. You are tasked with breaking the Generator.
- Right after you do so, you are then tasked with hooking Meg, Dwight, and Claudette. Claudette is repairing a Generator, Dwight is in a Jungle Gym, and will hide in a Locker once you approach him, and Meg is searching for the Exit Gate.
- You hook Claudette and Dwight, and Meg starts to open the Exit Gate , a message box then appears explaining what Exit Gates are, and you grab and hook Meg.
- Once you hook Meg, a message box appears explaining Killer Powers.
- The tutorial is complete.
Completing each of the two tutorials for the first time rewards the player with 25.000 Bloodpoints .
- The In-Game Tutorial takes place in the MacMillan Estate.
- The Camping Aid Kit found during the survivor tutorial starts without full charges, however, it is still able to heal you fully.