Iridescent Shards (IS) are one of 6 in-game currencies in Dead by Daylight .
They are the Player Progression Currency. These may be used to purchase Teachable Perks, Characters and Customisation Items in the in-game Store.
Iridescent Shards are earned by gaining Experience Points and increasing one's Player Account Level.
The amount of Iridescent Shards obtained is determined by your Player Account Level. Levelling up the account will reward the Player with a certain amount of Shards.
Iridescent Shards can be spent in the Shrine of Secrets, in exchange for Teachable Perks. When a Perk is purchased from the Shrine of Secrets, it is removed, but will be replaced at the end of the rotation, which takes place every Wednesday at 00:00 UTC.
Teachable Perks usually cost 2,000 Iridescent Shards, or 2,700 Iridescent Shards when appearing in the Shrine for the first time.
If a Player has already unlocked one of the Teachable Perks available for purchase, buying that Perk again from the Shrine of Secrets will instead grant 150,000 Bloodpoints or if that Perk is from a Character of a recent DLC, it will instead grant 250,000 Bloodpoints.
Up to Patch 2.0.0
- The amount of obtained Shards was directly tied to the time a Player spent actively participating in a trial. 1 minute of active play would reward them with 1 Iridescent Shard. The maximum amount that could be obtained in a single trial was capped at 10 Iridescent Shards.
- Iridescent Shards were capped at 1,000.
- Teachable Perks generally cost 550 Iridescent Shards or 750 Iridescent Shards if they were from a recent DLC.
- Buying an already owned Teachable Perk would reward you with 200,000 Bloodpoints or 250,000 Bloodpoints if they were from a recent DLC.
- Iridescent Shards are the second currency to be released in the game, after Bloodpoints .
- Iridescent Shards and Rift Fragments are the only currencies to rely on XP.
|Auric Cells||Bloodpoints||Gold Coins||Iridescent Shards||Putrid Serum||Rift Fragments|