Overview[edit | edit source]
They give off distinct sound cues of moving mechanical parts.
Billy, the Jigsaw Puppet[edit | edit source]
Jigsaw Boxes are easily recognised due to the presence of "Billy", Jigsaw's Puppet, who sits atop of each Box.
He can also be seen on the TV sets featured throughout The Game.
Usage[edit | edit source]
A randomly chosen Jigsaw Box will be the Key to unlocking the Reverse Bear Traps, the others serve as decoys. Each Trap will have its Key hidden in a randomly selected Box.
A Survivor with a Reverse Bear Trap on their head will see the Aura of all available Jigsaw Boxes featured across the Map,unless The killer has the add on:Rules Set No 2. They can walk up to and interact with any of them, which will trigger Skill Checks , that will give a progress penalty on a failed Skill Check and trigger a Loud Noise Notification for The Pig, similar to a failed Hook Sabotage.
Once the progress bar is full, either of two things will happen, depending on whether or not it was the correct Jigsaw Box:
Correct Jigsaw Box[edit | edit source]
- The Reverse Bear Trap will disappear from the Survivor's head and be gone for good.
Wrong Jigsaw Box[edit | edit source]
- Jigsaw's puppet, "Billy", will laugh at the Survivor and the Reverse Bear Trap remains on the Survivor's head.
- The Survivor will have to search for another Jigsaw Box and try their luck anew.
- The Box's white Aura will no longer be shown to the Survivor, only those of the remaining ones.
Add-ons affecting Jigsaw Boxes[edit | edit source]
|| A modification to the Jigsaw Box: the lubricated parts make the search a more delicate exercise.
|| A modification to the Jigsaw Box: the addition of razor sharp wires makes it extra difficult and potentially painful to search them.
|| A modification to the Jigsaw Box: the addition of interlocking razor blades makes it impossible to move suddenly in the Jigsaw Box without slitting one's wrists.
|Bag Of Gears||
|| A few mechanical parts that allow the creation of challenging Jigsaw Boxes and easier to install Reverse Bear Traps.
|Crate Of Gears||
|| This collection of mechanical parts allows the creation of extra-challenging Jigsaw Boxes and Reverse Bear Traps that are easier to install.
|| A black metal box containing a knife and various medical supplies, such as bandages and compresses. Deep cuts reduce stress and awaken the senses.
|Rules Set No.2||
|| Not all games need to have the same rules.
"Listen, there are rules." — Jigsaw
|| A blackmailing Letter for the attention of Amanda. Fills the reader with rage and focus.
"Amanda, you were with Cecil the night Jill lost Gideon. You killed their child. You know it and I know it." — Amanda's Letter
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the Game files Jigsaw Boxes are also being referred to under the name Puzzle Box.
- The presence of Jigsaw Boxes on a Map reveal The Pig's identity to Survivors in a similar fashion as do The Trapper's Bear Traps.
- Despite being a notable icon of the SAW™ franchise, this is the only appearance of Billy in the Chapter DLC.
- He does not appear on any Perks or Add-ons exclusive to The Pig.
10 Pints of Sacrifice Trap[edit | edit source]
- The Jigsaw Boxes are most likely inspired by the 10 Pints of Sacrifice Trap featured in SAW V. They have a similar look and some of the Add-ons affecting the Jigsaw Boxes point to a similar use.
- This Trap required the Victims to "donate" 10 Pints of their own blood within 15 minutes, to unlock a door or they would be killed by nail bombs located in the room. Inside the Trap, circular blades would cut open the Victims' hands and collect the blood in a glass beaker below.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
David Tapp trying to get rid of a Reverse Bear Trap
|Bear Traps||Chests||Crows||Dark Mist||Exit Gates||Generators||Hatch|