The Realms are locations within the World of The Entity . Each Realm was the site of a violent tragedy in the past and they now serve as the Arenas for The Entity's trials.
The location of the trial is chosen by The Entity. Players can influence The Entity's choice by burning certain Offerings .
Trial locations have certain fixed landmarks, but elements such as player starting locations, Generators , Chests Lockers , Totems and Exit Gates are placed to The Entity's whims. Even the terrain itself shifts from trial to trial.
There are currently 11 Realms and 25 Maps featured in Dead by Daylight .
- 1 Realms & Maps
- 2 Sub-Realms
- 3 Map Sizes & Ranking
- 4 Unreleased Maps
- 5 Tiles
- 6 Trivia
Realms & Maps[edit | edit source]
Recurring Locations[edit | edit source]
Sub-Realms[edit | edit source]
Sub-Realms are usually different planes of existence within the Realm of The Entity. There are currently 3 Sub-Realms:
Map Sizes & Ranking[edit | edit source]
- Note: The amount of Hooks does not include the Basement Hooks.
The amount of Hooks spawned on a Map is calculated by dividing the amount of Tiles by 3. This means that Maps with larger Tiles will have fewer Hooks than Maps with smaller Tiles.
|Rank||Map||Size in square Tiles||Size in m2||Amount of available Hooks|
|1||The Pale Rose||215||13,760||16|
|6||Azarov's Resting Place||168||10,752||8|
|8||Ironworks of Misery||160||10,240|
|The Thompson House||9|
|12||Father Campbell's Chapel||140||8,960||7|
Unreleased Maps[edit | edit source]
There are currently at least 5 unreleased Maps belonging to several Realms, that can be found in the Game files:
- Mini (MacMillan Estate)
- Seb's Dream (MacMillan Estate)
- Infinite Gym (Crotus Prenn Asylum)
- Dead Lake (Backwater Swamp)
- Grim Gully (Backwater Swamp)
Tiles[edit | edit source]
- The square Tiles used for measuring reference are actually 8x8 sub-tiles, making up the larger tile assets used to construct the Maps with.
- The Game uses 3 combinations of (Master) Tiles: 16x16, 16x32 or 32x32 metres / 4, 8 or 16 squared Tiles.
- Even though each Map's Tiles change their orientation and sometimes their location from trial to trial, the outer walls and thus the Map's size remain the same.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The average Map has a size of 160 square Tiles.
- The outer walls are composed of single and double wall segments with a length of 8 metres for the single and 16 metres for the double segments.
- This allows a calculation of a map's size, with Pale Rose being the largest Map with 215 and Treatment Theatre being the smallest Map with 116 square Tiles.