Usage[edit | edit source]
Survivors can enter empty lockers. If a locker already has a Survivor hiding inside it, the player attempting to enter will show a surprised animation state and close the door on the other Survivor. If a locker is empty, Survivors can either walk in (which is mostly quiet) or sprint in, which will make a lot more noise but reduce the animation time, unless a survivor is using Quick & Quiet. The same applies when walking out of it again.
If a Killer opens a locker with a Survivor hidden inside it, the Killer, in a unique animation, will first grab the Survivor out of the locker and then carry them on their shoulder - forcing them to wiggle out of the killer's grasp. If a Survivor is in a locker for an extended period of time, crows will begin to land on its roof. If the Survivor hides inside it long enough, Stillness Crows will start circling above the locker, eventually alerting the Killer to their location.
Lockers have a muffling effect on Survivors breathing and groans of pain, about the equivalent to that of Iron Will at tier 1. While inside a locker, Survivors will breathe quietly, which can still be picked up by an experienced Killer. If they are injured, they will grunt in pain, still much quieter than if they were in the open. If the Survivor has Iron Will, the Survivor will be inaudible. However, if the Survivor is injured, they will leave blood as they enter the locker. The hiding time is long enough that the Survivor will leave at least two pools of blood at the foot of the locker. Observant killers can easily track this.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Lockers prevent the Doctor's static field from increasing a Survivor's level of Madness.
- Hiding inside with a Doctor in Treatment mode nearby is the best option to prevent giving away your location via a Madness Tier-up.
- Hiding in a locker will also slowly decrease the Madness levels of a Survivor as long as the Doctor is in Punishment Mode.
- If the Survivor is in Tier-3 Madness, the Survivor will not scream when inside the locker. They will still hallucinate, however.
- Lockers are where the Huntress replenishes her Hunting Hatchets.
- At the back of every locker, there is a rack with three hatchets. The Huntress will always take the one in the center.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Bear Traps||Chests||Crows||Dark Mist||Exit Gates||Generators||Hatch|