Usage[edit | edit source]
Survivors can enter empty lockers. If a locker already has a Survivor hiding inside it, the player attempting to enter will show a surprised animation and close the door on the other Survivor. If a locker is empty, Survivors can either walk in (which is mostly quiet) or sprint in, which will make a lot more noise, unless a survivor is using Quick & Quiet , but reduce the animation time. The same applies when walking out of it again.
If a Killer opens a locker with a Survivor hidden inside it, the Killer , in a unique animation, will first grab the Survivor out of the locker and then carry them on their shoulder - forcing them to wiggle out of the killer's grasp. If a Survivor is in a locker for an extended period of time, crows will begin to land on its roof. If the Survivor hides inside it long enough, Stillness Crows will start circling above the locker, eventually alerting the Killer to their location.
Lockers have a muffling effect on Survivors breathing and groans of pain, about the equivalent to that of Iron Will at tier 1. While inside a locker, Survivors will breathe quietly, which can still be picked up by an experienced Killer. If they are injured, they will grunt in pain, still much quieter than if they were in the open. If the Survivor has Iron Will, the Survivor will be inaudible. However, if the Survivor is injured, they will leave blood as they enter the locker. The hiding time is long enough that the Survivor will leave at least two pools of blood at the foot of the locker. Observant killers can easily track this.
Locker-Related Unlockables[edit | edit source]
Add-ons (Killer)[edit | edit source]
|Deerskin Gloves||Cured leather gloves that protect the hands and give a sure grip.
|Pungent Phial||The clear liquid has a very particular stench that can be recognised and tracked by some animals.|
Perks (Killer)[edit | edit source]
You open Lockers 30/40/50 % faster.
Survivors who exit Lockers suffer from the Exposed Status Effect for 15 seconds and their location is revealed for 4 seconds.
"This is no place for cowards." — The Legion
Perks (Survivor)[edit | edit source]
|Dance With Me||
When performing a fast vault or leaving a Locker in a sprint, you leave no Scratch Marks for 3 seconds.
Dance With Me has a cool-down of 60/50/40 seconds.
"Another show's off and runnin',
When your mind is set, there better be no one standing in your way.
While standing in a Locker for 3 seconds, Head On activates.
While Head On is activated, performing a rushed action to leave a Locker stuns the Killer for 3 seconds if they are standing within range.
Causes the Exhausted Status Effect for 60/50/40 seconds if the stun was successful.
You do not recover from Exhaustion while running.
Head On cannot be used when Exhausted or when you have accrued Stillness Crows .
"People are remembered for the challenges they overcome. You can run away and forget what you're capable of or you can face your fears and remind the world of who you are." — Jane Romero
You look inwards and trust your instincts when you feel lost and alone.
Each time you cleanse a Totem , Inner Strength activates.
Inner Strength does not activate if you are afflicted by the Broken Status Effect.
"All this time I've been trying so hard to pretend like everything's fine, but it's not." — Nancy Wheeler
|Quick & Quiet||
You do not make as much noise as others when quickly vaulting over obstacles or hiding in Lockers .
The vault and hide actions' noise detection and audio range is reduced by 100 %.
Quick & Quiet can only be triggered once every 30/25/20 seconds.
Change Log[edit | edit source]
- Adjusted the locker search animation to play when The Huntress has max ammo, reducing the search time from 3 seconds to 2 seconds
- Interacting with a locker while cloaked should force the Wraith out of cloak if he finds a survivor. If he doesn't find anyone he will stay cloaked.
- Hiding inside a Locker now blocks any Aura-reading ability a Killer might have.
- When in a locker once the Bleedout timer has ended, Survivors will automatically exit the locker.
- Hiding inside a Locker now applies the Blindness Status Effect, blocking any Aura-reading ability the hiding Survivor might have.
- Reduced the distance at which a Survivor's breathing and grunting can be heard while they are hiding in Lockers.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Lockers were also known as "Closets".
- Hiding inside a Locker will block any Aura-reading abilities the Killer and the hiding Survivor might have.
- Lockers prevent the Doctor's Static Field from increasing a Survivor's level of Madness.
- Hiding in a Locker with a Doctor in Treatment mode nearby is the best option to prevent giving away your location via a Madness Tier-up.
- Hiding in a Locker will also slowly decrease the Madness levels of a Survivor as long as the Doctor is in Punishment mode.
- If the Survivor is in Tier III Madness, the Survivor will not scream when inside the Locker. They will still hallucinate, however.
- Lockers are where the Huntress replenishes her Hunting Hatchets.
- At the back of every Locker, there is a rack of three Hatchets. she will always take the one in the centre.
- If The Wraith is cloaked while opening a locker and finds a Survivor, he will uncloak over time while the animation is playing.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Alarm Clocks||Bear Traps||Chests||Crows|
|Dark Mist||Exit Gates||Generators||Hatch|
|Pallets||Pools of Devotion||Totems||Windows|