23 June to 14 July 2020
Maze Tiles, also known as "Jungle Gyms", are Structures that are featured throughout the Maps of Dead by Daylight .
Overview[edit | edit source]
Maze Tiles have 4 iterations, each with a unique layout.
They always spawn in the same general location of a Map, however, the chosen iteration may change between Trials.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Every Maze Tile:
- Potentially contains a Chest .
- Potentially contains a Hook .
- Contains at least one Locker .
- Potentially contains a Totem .
Most types of Maze Tiles can spawn a Generator .
Iterations[edit | edit source]
T-Walls[edit | edit source]
T-Walls or T-L Walls are a type of Maze Tile. They consist of a T-shaped wall and an L-shaped wall. Each wall has a Window attached to it.
- There is another short wall where a Locker can spawn.
Single Pallet Gyms[edit | edit source]
Single Pallet Gyms are a type of Maze Tile. They consist a long c-shaped wall and a short l-shaped wall. There will be always a Pallet between these two walls.
- There is a separate short c-shaped wall where a Totem can spawn.
- There is a straight wall parallel to the short c-shaped wall. A Hook can spawn there.
Jungle Gyms[edit | edit source]
Jungle Gyms are a type of Maze Tile. They contain both a Window and a Pallet. Jungle Gyms have two potential Window and Pallet spawns. The Window and Pallet are always on opposite sides of the Jungle Gym.
4-Wall Gyms[edit | edit source]
4-Wall Gyms are a type of Maze Tile. This tile is exclusive to the Crotus Prenn Asylum and Autohaven Wreckers Realms. It consists of 4 parallel walls with a Vault and a Pallet. The Window and Pallet have two possible spawns. The place on which the Window doesn't spawn becomes a hole.
Change Log[edit | edit source]
- Randomized the number of vaults and prevented one from spawning.
- Boarded up the maze walls on Coldwind Farm to make them more mindgame-able.
- Added new maze tiles to the Yamaoka Estate theme.
Designs[edit | edit source]
Each Realm has its own design of the Maze Tile walls:
|MacMillan Estate||Autohaven Wreckers||Coldwind Farm||Crotus Prenn Asylum||Backwater Swamp|
|High brick walls with some lamps attached to them.||High walls of scrap broken up by Autohaven Wreckers.||High walls made of wood planks with some lamps attached to them||A high, gray brick wall with metallic stripes attached to them.||High walls made of mud and wood sticked together.|
|Red Forest||Gideon Meat Plant||Yamaoka Estate||Ormond|
|High log walls with some torches hung at them.||White walls from the Meat Plant that reach up to the ceiling. There are some water pipes going out of them.||High walls made of mossy wood and bamboo sticks.||High, snowy walls made of a stone base and wood planks.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Jungle Gyms used to spawn with 2 Pallets and multiple Windows in the old versions of the Game. However, due to balancing reasons, this has been changed to only a single Pallet and open doorways.
- Some Maps have specific Maze Tiles that are unique to them. This is the case for Mount Ormond Resort, Family Residence, and Red Forest Maps.
- There used to be a Locker at one of the walls of the T-Wall Maze Tile. This Locker was later moved towards a separate wall.
- The community commonly refers to Maze Tiles with a Window on its long wall as "Long Wall Jungle Gym". If the Window spawns on the other wall, it is referred to as "Short Wall Jungle Gym".
- The Totem spawn location within the Maze Tiles can differ from Map to Map.
- Maze Tiles can be used as landmarks for orientation, due to the fact that they usually spawn in the same general location.
- There are 4 Maps that don't contain any sort of Maze Tiles: Lampkin Lane, Badham Preschools, Treatment Theatre and The Underground Complex.
- The Game is the only indoor Map to contain Maze Tiles.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|MACMILLAN ESTATE||AUTOHAVEN WRECKERS||COLDWIND FARM||BACKWATER SWAMP|
|Water Tower||Crane||Sacrificial Tree||Pier|
|Wood Pile||School Bus||Harvester|
|Maze Tiles||Hills||The Killer Shack||The Basement|