The Memento Moris Offerings grant the Killers the ability to kill Survivors , bypassing the sacrifice process.
|Tombstone Piece||A fist-sized granite piece taken from a broken tombstone.
Note: Tombstone Piece does not stack with Fragrant Tuft of Hair.
|Judith's Tombstone||A large and heavy granite tombstone stolen from Mt. Sinclair cemetery, belonging to Judith Myers.
"Here lies our beloved daughter."
|Cypress Memento Mori||Grants the ability to kill the last Survivor by your hand during the next trial.
"You worked well, the last one is yours."
|Ivory Memento Mori||Grants the ability to kill one Survivor who has been hooked by your hand during the next trial.
"Grant me the favour of killing one."
|Ebony Memento Mori||Grants the ability to kill all Survivors who have been hooked by your hand during the next trial.
"I could swear It spoke to the beast. It came to a halt, as if calmly listening to the leaves rustling, and then... grinned."
|Hex: Devour Hope||
A Hex rooting its power on hope. The false hope of Survivors ignites your hunger.
When a Survivor is rescued from a Hook at least 24 metres away, Devour Hope receives a Token.
The Hex effects persist as long as the related Hex Totem is standing.
"If you do nothing, you have their blood on your hands. If you save them, her hunger grows."
You become obsessed with one Survivor.
Each time a Generator is completed, all Survivors' locations are revealed to you for 3 seconds.
Once all Generators are completed, the Obsession has the Exposed Status Effect and the Killer can kill the Obsession.
Only one Obsession per trial.
- Ivory Memento Mori and Ebony Memento Mori now require you to hook the Survivor at least once before being allowed to kill them.
- During early development, the Killers were always able to choose whether to sacrifice or kill the Survivors.
- That base mechanic gave the Killer too much of an advantage, thus it was scrapped and replaced with the Memento Moris Offerings.
- "Memento Mori" is a Latin saying, which translates to "Remember Death/Remember Mortality". It is intended to remind humans of their mortality and the inevitable closure of death.
- The Memento Moris of The Nurse , in which she chokes the Survivor to death, is a direct reference to her Lore and the occurrences at the Crotus Prenn Asylum.