|The Last Breath Chapter|
|Camper Female 03|
|“||At first sight I thought it was a cat that passed me by, just a few meters behind me. A shadow that moved without sound. But yelling is not wise in this place. I have spotted her more times, but just in the peripheral. I still don’t know her name, but she evades the monsters with a certain grace.||„|
|~ Unknown (Potentially Benedict Baker)|
She was introduced as the Survivor of CHAPTER I: The Last Breath Chapter, a Chapter DLC released on 18 August 2016.
Nea Karlsson is an Urban Artist, able to easily escape and hide.
She is focused around movement - making her faster, more balanced, and better at evading the Killer.
Difficulty rating: Intermediate
(based on only using her Unique Perks)
Nea is of Swedish descent, a tagger and a bit of a troublemaker. She started rebelling when she was 16, she dyed her hair black and cut it in a way she liked it. In her early teens, her parents thought she lacked that thing that makes everyone else "normal". She may have gone too far when her friends, not thinking well, dared her to tag the old asylum. She was never seen again, and now tries her best to survive the Entity's dangers.
Nea grew up in the small town of Hjo in Sweden. She had a happy childhood even though her mom and dad worked hard. As the opportunity to move to the US became a reality she started acting out. Her parents didn’t really pick up on this as a reaction to their move. Nea was forced to leave her friends and life behind. Nea shied away from what her parents considered “normal”. Instead she took refuge in skate parks, and her tag “Mashtyx” was seen more or less all over her new hometown, and Nea made a sport out of tagging government buildings. Finally Nea’s parents became used to Nea disappearing for a few days on end. As she’s nimble and almost catlike, she’s able to evade deadly dangers. Years on skateboards has proven worthy training. And keeping her head down, avoiding the fuzz can be applied to all dangers. The only question is whether she has some interest in not giving up.
These are Perks which start off only appearing in Nea's Bloodweb . After achieving Level 30, Teachable versions of these Perks can be found:
- Balanced Landing - Level 30
- Urban Evasion - Level 35
- Streetwise - Level 40
Once obtained, other Survivors will be able to find Nea's Perks in their respective Bloodwebs from that point onwards.
Your agility is incomparable.
Cat-like reflexes reduce your stagger duration from falls by 75 %.
Upon landing, start sprinting at 150 % of your normal running speed for a maximum of 3 seconds if not exhausted.
Causes Exhaustion for 60/50/40 seconds.
You do not recover from Exhaustion while running.
"I've jumped from higher places." — Nea Karlsson
Years of evading the cops taught you a thing or two about stealth.
Your movement speed while crouching is increased by 90/95/100 %.
"The paint is still fresh but I'm long gone." — Nea Karlsson
Long nights out taught you to do a lot with what you've got.
Reduce the consumption rate of Item charges by 10/12/15 % for you and Allies within 8 metres of range.
Once out of range, this effect persists for 15 seconds.
"You're doing it wrong! Let me show you how it's done." — Nea Karlsson
- Main article: Achievements
There is currently 1 Achievement which is related to Nea.
|Adept Nea||Escape with Nea Karlsson using only her Unique Perks: Balanced Landing , Urban Evasion & Streetwise .|
Players can customise their Character by choosing one outfit style from each category. Blood-stained attire is obtained after Nea reaches Level 50 and prestiges.
Some items of clothing can only be worn if the appropriate DLC is owned.
Nea's attire includes:
- Prestige I - Bloody Street Tee (Torso)
- Prestige II - Bloody Skinny Jeans (Legs)
- Prestige III - Bloody Nea (Head)
- Main article: Downloadable Content
Nea is currently part of 6 DLC packages:
- YouTubers/Streamers Exclusive (Diabetech Exclusive)
- Red Shirt Pack (REQUIRES Left 4 Dead or Left 4 Dead 2)
- Crew 2017 (Developer and Moderator exclusive)
- Nea was the first survivor to be introduced as DLC.
- Nea's Perk Streetwise , says the word "Mashtyx!" According to the game's Lore, "Mashtyx" is Nea's tag on the streets, showing up quite often in her graffiti.
- Nea's Perks have different quotes under her perks on the Last Breath update page
- The original quote on the Last Breath update page for the Perk Balanced Landing was "I've Always felt like a cat."
- The original quote on the Last Breath update page for the Perk Urban Evasion was "I've kept my head down since birth."
- The original quote on the Last Breath update page for the Perk Streetwise was "You have to stay smart, stupidity gets you dead."
For more go to Nea's Gallery
Introducing Nea To Dead by Daylight