25 March - 15 April 2020; 12:00:00 EST
|“||A new varmint has entered the arena. I spotted her as she, somehow, moved through a wall. Clad in bandages that tell an untold tale of something horrid. This...nurse as it seems, brings me new angst during my lonely nights, as my mind runs amok.||„|
|~ Benedict Baker|
|Crotus Prenn Asylum|
|Spencer's Last Breath|
Alt. Attack =
|96.25 % | 3.85 m/s|
Alt. Mov. Speed
|333 % | 13.33 m/s (Blink)|
|The Last Breath Chapter|
She was introduced as the Killer of CHAPTER I: The Last Breath Chapter, a Chapter DLC released on 18 August 2016.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Lore
- 3 The Nurse's Perks
- 4 Load-out
- 5 Achievements
- 6 Customisation
- 7 DLC
- 8 Tips
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
The Nurse is a warping Killer, able to blink through obstacles and quickly close gaps with her Power.
She is focused on spotting and tracking, making it harder for Survivors to hide.
Difficulty rating: Hard (Developers & Community)
(based on the amount of time and effort that is required to properly learn to play her and use her Power effectively)
Sally Smithson came to town with dreams of children's feet and laughter in a wooden home built by her husband Andrew. But life came not with smiles but with plans of destruction. Andrew worked as a lumberjack - a job with its perils. One day, Andrew's foreman had to pay Sally a visit, forever changing her life. She was alone.
Without food on the table and no other option, Sally had to find a way, but the only employment she could get was at the Crotus Prenn Asylum. Nobody sought employment there unless they were in dire need. Just like Sally. Without any education, she started at the bottom, doing the hard night shift.
Over the years, her mind had reached its limits, two decades of seeing horrid things that violate the eyes. Memories that are re-played every night. Being abused verbally and physically, by people without limits. Sally saw insanity from the outside, just to catch it herself.
Finally she could not take it any more and concepts of purification emerged inside her. She did what she felt was necessary. As the morning staff arrived one day in September - they found over fifty dead patients, lifeless, in their bed along four staff members, also dead.
Only Sally had survived the night, but her mind was gone, rocking back and forth non-stop. Exactly what happened is only known by her, but it seems that some of them had been choked as they had marks around their necks. They got her into an ambulance, but that ambulance never reached the hospital. It was found crashed in a nearby wood, all the staff dead and Sally nowhere to be found.
The Nurse's Perks
These are Perks which start off only appearing in The Nurse's Bloodweb . After achieving Level 30, Teachable versions of these Perks can be found:
- Stridor - Level 30
- Thanatophobia - Level 35
- A Nurse's Calling - Level 40
Once obtained, other Killers will be able to find The Nurse's Perks in their respective Bloodwebs from that point onwards
You are acutely sensitive to the breathing of your prey.
Survivors' Grunts of Pain are 25/50/50 % louder and regular breathing is 0/0/25 % louder.
"If you don't stop and catch your breath... she will."
Their courage fades in the face of their undeniable mortality.
"She plays with us and revels in our pain."
|A Nurse's Calling||
Unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability.
The Auras of Survivors who are healing or being healed are revealed to you when they are within a range of 20/24/28 metres.
"Still attached to the fragments of her past life, she is drawn to those in need of help."
Weapon: The Bonesaw
The Bonesaw is the primary weapon of the Nurse. Rusty metal implement for tearing through flesh and bone.
- When she attacks, she swings her whole body into the swing.
- When hitting a survivor, she wipes the blood off with her fingers.
- The Bonesaw has a shorter lunge-attack range, but a larger range itself. This means that the Nurse has a bigger chance of hitting them by clicking than the other killers, but less of a chance when holding the attack button down.
Power: Spencer's Last Breath
A powerful and violent last breath snatched from Crotus Prenn Asylum Warden Patrick Spencer. Channelling its energy allows The Nurse to pierce and jump through the Spirit World in a blink multiple times in a row. Doing so leaves her in a state of fatigue.
SPENCER'S LAST BREATH:
Press and hold the Power button to charge a Blink:
- Blink up to 20 metres upon activation.
- During the ensuing Chain Blink Window, charge again to initiate a Chain Blink up to 12 metres upon activation.
- After either the Chain Blink Window closed or the final Chain Blink elapsed, enter a state of fatigue.
- Grants 1 Chain Blink.
Holding alternate attack (default: M2) will charge up a Blink. The longer a Blink is charged, the farther she can blink. The maximum range is reached when The Nurse clenches her fist and exhales. The number of glowing orbs floating in her hand indicate the remaining amount of Blinks. The actual blinking distance depends on where The Nurse's gaze falls. Looking at the horizon or slightly above will allow her to blink the maximum distance, which depends on how long she charged the Blink for. Looking below the horizon will shorten the distance independently of the charge. Looking at The Nurse's feet will let her blink in place. If the Nurse blinks inside a multi-story building, she can change the floor by looking up or down during the Blink.
After blinking, there is a short window of opportunity, called the "Chain Blink Window", during which The Nurse can choose to charge a Chain Blink (if she has any Blinks remaining that is) or to initiate a Lunge attack. The imminent closure of the Chain Blink Window is indicated by a smoke effect surrounding her vision, after which she will go into the fatigue cool-down. Charging the Chain Blink beyond the window closure will cancel the Blink and instead trigger the fatigue cool-down. This can be used to forgo a Chain Blink if one decides against it mid-charge.
By default, The Nurse has 1 Chain Blink. The fatigue will stun The Nurse and prevent her from interacting until she leaves the fatigue. The stun duration scales with the number of Blinks used. Also, the stun will be longer if she misses or successfully lands the post-blink attack.
|1 Blink||2 seconds|
|2 Blinks||2.5 seconds|
|3 Blinks||3 seconds|
|The Fatigue Duration increases by 0.5 seconds per Chain Blink.|
Add-ons for Spencer's Last Breath
- Add-ons support Mouse-over Functionality: hover over the adjectives to reveal the modifier values behind them.
|Wooden Horse||An unpainted toy carved out of cheap wood to resemble a horse. Once the symbol of a deep connection between a catatonic patient and his nurse.
|White Nit Comb||A parasitic nit comb taken from the clinic. Once the symbol of a deep connection between an anxious patient and her nurse.
|Plaid Flannel||A torn piece of red and black plaid flannel. The scrap of fabric imbues The Nurse with devastating focus.
|Metal Spoon||A dull, partially rusted and stained metallic spoon. Confiscated from Room 202's patient, the "Bad Man".
|Pocket Watch||A charred and broken pocket watch with rattling pieces. Taken from Nurse Moris' body.
|Dull Bracelet||A worthless piece of jewellery that might have an important significance to someone. Taken from the "Anxious Girl's" body.
|Dark Cincture||A black rope used as a belt in times of mourning. Taken from Father Campbell's body.
|Catatonic Boy's Treasure||A pine-cone which unexpectedly calmed a patient's repetitive movement. Taken from the "Catatonic Boy's" body.
|Bad Man Keepsake||A rotten molar ripped from the "Bad Man's" cold dead hand.
|Spasmodic Breath||The twitchy and tremulous breath stolen from the "Bad Man". Aggressively pulses and jumps at The Nurse's touch.
|Heavy Panting||The slow and bulging breath stolen from the "Fat Orderly" Kavanagh. Dimly oscillates at The Nurse's touch.
|Fragile Wheeze||The whistling and rattling breath stolen from Father Campbell. Silently curves and bends at The Nurse's touch.
|Ataxic Respiration||The irregular and deteriorating breath collected from the "Catatonic Boy". Normally stable and calm, becomes incredibly agitated at The Nurse's touch.
|Anxious Gasp||The gasp of surprise collected from the "Anxious Girl", which the Nurse was fond of. Twitches vigorously at The Nurse's touch.
|Kavanagh's Last Breath||A powerful last breath snatched from Crotus Prenn Asylum Orderly Harvey Kavanagh, the "Fat Orderly". In the hands of The Nurse, it wobbles with intensity.
|Jenner's Last Breath||A powerful last breath snatched from Crotus Prenn Asylum Patient Mary Jenner, the "Anxious Girl". In the hands of The Nurse, it trembles with intensity.
|Campbell's Last Breath||A powerful last breath snatched from Crotus Prenn Asylum Priest Father Campbell. In the hand of The Nurse, it crackles with intensity.
|"Bad Man's" Last Breath||A powerful last breath snatched from Crotus Prenn Asylum Patient known as the "Bad Man". In the hands of The Nurse, it jolts with intensity.
|Torn Bookmark||A white and pristine piece of ribbon once attached to a sacred book. Serves as the symbol of a dispute.
|Matchbox||A matchbox containing an odd collection of mismatched buttons. Serves as a reminder of a horrible place.
- Main article: Achievements
There are currently 3 Achievements related to The Nurse.
A value of a Console Achievement which differs from the Steam (PC) version of Dead by Daylight is coloured Purple.
|Adept Nurse||Achieve a Merciless Victory with The Nurse using only her Unique Perks: Stridor , Thanatophobia & A Nurse's Calling .|
|From The Void She Kills||Chain at least 3 Blinks together and interrupt a Survivor , grabbing them successfully.|
|In The Void She Walks||With The Nurse , successfully land a Blink Attack or a Blink Interrupt a total of 500 / 100 times.|
Players can customise their Character by choosing one outfit style from each Category. Blood-stained attire is obtained after The Nurse reaches Level 50 and prestiges.
Some Items of clothing can only be worn if the appropriate DLC is owned.
The Nurse's attire includes:
|Sand Bag||Uncommon||A jute sand bag emptied and tightly wrapped to suffocate. Ironically accessorised with a gas mask.||Bloodstained Sack|
|WW2 Nurse Uniform||Uncommon||Standard uniform for nurses in military service during World War 2.||Bloodstained Sack|
|Is That A Panda?||Uncommon||A unique bag for the Nurse, created for TheSwiftLegend.||Charity Case|
|Smiley||Uncommon||A unique bag for the Nurse, created for Smiley.||Charity Case|
|The Dark Nurse||Uncommon||A unique dress for the Nurse, created for Peng.||Charity Case|
|Marked Bridal Saw||Common||A grim bouquet of red rose and sharp steel. An almost imperceptible whisper echoes in the wielder's mind: "anoyk yeqkany'ye hvay'k l'gnoo eydokl'x : sekall'o ammk'ix"||1 Year Anniversary|
|Sally of the Lantern||Uncommon||The fires of insanity burn within.
"Have a horribly good Halloween 2017!" - The Dead by Daylight Team
|All Hallows' Eve|
|Frosty Eyes||Uncommon||Heart chilling eyes of the cold blooded.
"Have a Wonderful Winter 2017-2018!" - The Dead by Daylight Team
|Winter Solstice 2017|
|Legacy Nurse I||Very Rare||The touch of the Entity leaves burning scars and blisters of light. Is it a gift or a curse?||Legacy Prestige Reward|
|Legacy Nurse 2||Very Rare||The touch of the Entity leaves burning scars and blisters of light. Is it a gift or a curse?||Legacy Prestige Reward|
|Legacy Nurse 3||Very Rare||The touch of the Entity leaves burning scars and blisters of light. Is it a gift or a curse?||Legacy Prestige Reward|
|Malignant Growth||Event||There was no cure for the scorching mass expanding from her skull.||Fluid Nightengale||Hallowed Catalyst||7|
|Dripping Uniform||Event||Her robe was torn by her swollen entrails, which extended to her chest and fused with her lungs.||Fluid Nightengale||Hallowed Catalyst||15|
|Needle Saw||Event||An amputation saw injected with putrid serum to torture her patients with the pain she suffered.||Fluid Nightengale||Hallowed Catalyst||23|
|Fluid Nightengale||Event||With foul serum still dripping from her wound, she broke free from her captor.||Hallowed Catalyst||7,15,23|
- Main article: Downloadable Content
The Nurse is currently part of 3 DLC packages:
- Main article: Hints
- Survivors can see a white stripe behind you if you blink.
- You can hit Survivors before having to cool-down after a Blink.
- The Nurse moves notably slower than other Killers, even slower than a normal Survivor's running speed. It is imperative to use her Power to catch up to Survivors in a Chase.
- You can spin around freely while you blink and it will not change the trajectory of the Blink. This can be used to turn around and hit a juking Survivor.
- Looking upwards or downwards while blinking allows you to blink to a different floor, given that there are no obstacles at the target location.
- If you charge your Blink so that it would blink you into an obstacle, the Blink will instead blink you in front of it.
- The best way to go about the Nurse is to predict where a Survivor is going. Because the Nurse cannot properly chase Survivors, blinking on top of them and cutting them off is necessary to land a hit.
- The Nurse doesn't need to vault Windows or break Pallets since she can blink through them.
- The Nurse was the first female Killer.
- The Nurse was the first Killer to be introduced as a DLC.
- In The Entity's Realm, she shares her home turf with The Clown in the Crotus Prenn Asylum.
- The Nurse's teleportation Power holds references to several other Games with the ability under the same name of "Blinking".
- Other than the Blink ability, The Nurse also seems to possess a telekinesis-like ability that is exhibited during interactions, using it to break Pallets, damage Generators and hook Survivors.
- The Nurse could be inspired by the Nurses featured in the Silent Hill franchise.
- The Nurse has the lowest base speed, and is even slower than a Survivor's running speed.
- Prior to Patch 1.9.0, the Nurse had the shortest Lunge range compared to the other Killers. Now she has the same range as a Killer moving at the default speed.
- The Nurse was the first notably shorter Killer introduced into the Game in comparison to the original Killer trio.
- The Nurse is the only Killer who floats. She does not have an audible footstep, but her dress makes a faint rustling noise while moving.
- The Nurse leaves a trail of glowing dots and black smoke after her.
- In the earlier days of Dead by Daylight, The Nurse was one of the very few Killers whose breathing was not distorted in some way. She makes a rather human-like wheeze, which sounds stressed, as if her throat was closed up.
- This is possibly due to her suffering from "Stridor", an affliction that causes a high-pitched wheezing sound caused by a disrupted airflow, likely due to her burns.
- This medical condition is also the namesake for Stridor , one of her Unique Perks.
- This is possibly due to her suffering from "Stridor", an affliction that causes a high-pitched wheezing sound caused by a disrupted airflow, likely due to her burns.
- The Nurse noticeably inhales upon starting to charge her Blink and gives a soft sigh once it is fully charged.
- The Nurse is one few Killers to break Pallets and damage Generators with their hand.
- The Nurse is one of few Killers to have a unique Hatch-closing animation.
- The Nurse is one of just two Killers to suffer from the unique Game Mechanic Lightburn.
- The Nurse screams and sighs with every Blink. According to the Developers, blinking is a painful procedure, so she screams from pain and sighs from relief.
- According to the Developers, The Nurse, at the point of having strangled the Asylum patient, was "bat-shit crazy" and thus more susceptible to The Entity's corruption.
- Unlike most other tall Killers, The Nurse does not step, but rather floats through Windows to get to the other side.
For more go to the Nurse's Gallery
|BASE GAME||CHAPTERS I-III
+ PARAGRAPH I
|CHAPTERS IV-VII||CHAPTERS VIII-XI||PARAGRAPH III|
+ CHAPTERS XIII-XIV
|Dwight Fairfield||Nea Karlsson||Feng Min||Kate Denson||Ash Williams|
|Meg Thomas||Laurie Strode||David King||Adam Francis||Nancy Wheeler|
|Claudette Morel||Ace Visconti||Quentin Smith||Jeff Johansen||Steve Harrington|
|Jake Park||Bill Overbeck||David Tapp||Jane Romero||Yui Kimura|
+ CHAPTER I
|CHAPTERS II-V||PARAGRAPH II
+ CHAPTERS VI-VIII
|CHAPTERS IX-XII||CHAPTERS XIII-XV|
|Evan MacMillan - The Trapper||Michael Myers - The Shape||Bubba Sawyer - The Cannibal||Rin Yamaoka - The Spirit||The Demogorgon|
|Philip Ojomo - The Wraith||Lisa Sherwood - The Hag||Freddy Krueger - The Nightmare||Frank, Julie, Susie, Joey - The Legion||Kazan Yamaoka - The Oni|
|Max Thompson Jr. - The Hillbilly||Herman Carter - The Doctor||Amanda Young - The Pig||Adiris - The Plague||Caleb Quinn - The Deathslinger|
|Sally Smithson - The Nurse||Anna - The Huntress||Jeffrey Hawk - The Clown||Danny Johnson - The Ghost Face|
|Benedict Baker||The Entity||The Observer||Vigo||and many more...|
|The Smasher||The Teacher|