25 March - 15 April 2020; 12:00:00 EST
Patch Notes 1.8.X
Patch 1.8.0[edit | edit source]
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Removed the Slightly and Moderately map offerings from Bloodwebs and from the Kill Your Friends offering inventory
- Added the ability to unhook a survivor from all possible angles.
- This is a step towards making the hook a happier place.
- Adjusted Global Skill Check Chances, we believe they were currently a little too high when no item/perk was being used and we would like to encourage choice through items/perks and addons. As one of the first steps towards a *healthier balance we will be changing the following Skill Check Chances.
- Heal Other Skill check Chance remains at 15%.
- Heal Other with Medkit Skill Check Chance remains at 15%.
- Heal Self with Medkit Skill Check Chance changed from 15% to 12.5%
- Heal Self without medkit Skill check Chance changed from 15% to 10.5%
- Repair with a toolkit Skill Check Chance has been changed from 8% to 10.5%
- Repair without a toolkit Skill Check Chance has not changed, it remains at 8%.
- Sabotage Hook with a toolkit Skill check Chance remains at 15%.
- Sabotage Hook without a toolkit Skill Check Chance changed from 15% to 10.5%
- Increased the time it takes to increase Bloodlust levels from 12 to 15 seconds. It has been brought to our attention that Bloodlust is currently triggering every 12 seconds. This is an error as Bloodlust is intended to trigger every 15 seconds. It is unclear when this issue occurred, Bloodlust should be triggering every 15 seconds as this should give an opportunity for survivors to lose the killer before they reach their next Bloodlust level. Bloodlust is intended to be an option for killers to use and it is not intended to be the answer to all situations.
- Increased wiggle penalty for dropping a survivor from 25% to 33%. The initial intent was to cause killers to drop survivors after dropping them 4 times in a row. Due to recovery rates killers had 5 drops before the survivor was freed. This change should cause survivors to be freed after being dropped 3 times in a row when dropped in quick succession
- Reduced "Good" healing skill check success reward from 1% to 0%. Good skillchecks are meant to continue progress as the skillcheck was not failed, Good skillchecks were not meant to advance progress.
- Reduced the audio levels of The Wraiths growls while cloaked from the survivors standpoint
- Removed some parts of the railing on the second floor of the Foundry in MacMillan Estate
- Adjusted the audio cue when losing an item when the survivor was hit by a killer with the perk "Franklin's Demise"
- Fixed an issue causing the items to be lost when using the offering White Ward and the add-ons Weaved Ring & Milky Glass Token
- Fixed an issue that caused The Wraith's poncho to clip into the camera when attacking
- Fixed an issue that caused items, perks, add-ons, powers, and offerings to have the incorrect inventory type text on the scoreboard
- Fixed an issue that caused no bonus Bloodpoint rewards when using The Shape's add-ons "Scratched Mirror" & "Vanity Mirror", numbers are currently too high, they will be reduced in the next patch.
- Fixed an issue that caused placeholder Lore Tips to be displayed on the loading screen
- Fixed an issue that caused the Killer to become stuck in the boxes on the porch of the Strode house in Haddonfield when performing a window vault interrupt
- Fixed an issue that caused the chainsaw's rev audio looping when doing a pallet stun on the Cannibal
- Fixed an issue that caused the perk "Franklin's Demise" not destroying the toolbox add-on "Brand New Part" when survivor is hit while using it
- Fixed an issue that caused the smoke VFX from the Nurse's Sally of the Lantern cusotmization to reappear before her blink was complete
- Fixed an issue that caused the smoke VFX from the Nurse's Sally of the Lantern cusotmization to remain visible when looking downwards
- Fixed an issue that could cause a hooked survivor to become broken for the rest of the match if a survivor got disconnected while unhooking them
- Fixed an issue that could cause bear traps to float when placed in certain areas in the Grim Pantry map
- Fixed an issue that could cause players ranks to reset when closing the application
- Fixed an issue that could cause the match management settings to reset to default after each match in Kill Your Friends
- Fixed an issue that could cause the non host killer of a Kill Your Friends match to remain in game when leaving the match
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible for Killers to pick up survivors if they exited the locker in crawl state
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to earn the "No One Left Behind" achievement
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to interrupt a survivor installing a Brand New Part
- Fixed an issue that made it possible for a player to remain the Obsession indefintely if they were the Obsession in a Kill Your Friends match as the host survivor
- Fixed an issue where players were not awarded bloodpoints when partially sabotaging a hook
- Fixed an issue where players were not awarded bloodpoints when partially searching a chest
- Fixed an issue where the Halloween™ music was missing when loading into Haddonfield
- Various localization fixes
Hotfix 1.8.0a[edit | edit source]
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Integrated additional analytics support
- Features & Content: Legacy clothing has been retouched to bring back it's glory
- Balance: Generator regression % is increase to 100% from 25%
- Balance: Generator breaking time reduced to 2 seconds from 3 seconds
Hotfix 1.8.0b[edit | edit source]
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Added additional analytics support
- Integrated Simplified Chinese localization for The Nightmare on Elm Street chapter
Patch 1.8.1[edit | edit source]
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Content - Added new VFX when failing a generator skill check to wake up
- Feature - Added a status effect on the portrait of a Survivor who is asleep
- Feature - Added dissolve VFX on the Nightmare when a survivor is transitioning to the Dream State
- Feature - Removed the in and out of Dream World transition when The Nightmare performs his memento mori kill. Now survivors who are being killed by the Nightmare will always be in the Dream State
- A bug fix where we made the 0.3 seconds of the attack always play has made all lunges feel longer. In fact we are playing the full attack phase animation allowing the killer too fully swing before playing the blade wipe animation. We have made a tweak this patch where this is not true for the obstruction hit. An obstruction as soon as it is registered will go into the obstruction hit cooldown.
- Changed the medkit add-ons Needle & Thread and Surgical Suture to have an additive increased skill check chances instead of a multiplicative one. Changed the Surgical Suture Skillcheck chance, increased it from Slightly(3%) to Moderately(5%). English only
- Increased The Nightmare's terror radius from 16 to 24 meters. Increasing the Terror radius allows for survivors to have more room to maneuver around Freddy without having their aura seen. We've matched the Terror Radius and Lullaby to keep The Nightmare's presence consistent at a base.
- Increased The Nightmares slowdown when successfully putting someone to sleep from 1 to 3 seconds. The slowdown will be more present and give survivors a slight window to put distance between themselves and Freddy before they are asleep.
- Nightmare's Red Paint Brush add-on reduces terror radius by 16 meters instead of 8 meters, this is an adjustment since we increased the terror radius to 24 meters as a base for Freddy.
- Removed the ability to wake up a survivor in crawl state. Now when healed to the injured state they will automatically be woken up. Also applicable when using the Unbreakable perk
- Survivors with the Adrenaline perk at all Tiers will automatically be woken up from the Dream State when Adrenaline triggers. Adrenaline tiers 1 and 2 gain the ability to heal from dying as well as Tier 1 gains a 5 second sprint on activation. Updated description in English only
- The Nightmare will now appear twice briefly during the Dream Transition instead of being visible throughout the Dream Transition. This change should help Freddy players to confuse their targets and encourage a disengage and surprise strategy.
- Tweaked the Dream State VFX when a survivor is being pulled out of a locker when awake. Now the survivor is put to sleep at the beginning of the interaction rather than at the end
- Adjusted the brightness when in the Dream State in the Treatment Theatre map
- Adjusted the collision on some bush asset barriers in Badhman Preschool
- Adjusted the fire visual effects in the basement of the Badham Preschool
- Adjusted the shape of the yard of one of the houses in Badham Preschool that caused grass to appear inside the house
- Fixed a collision that sometimes blocked player movement between the crashed school bus and a rock in the Autohaven Wrecker's theme
- Fixed an audio and desync issue when the Nightmare performed his memento mori
- Fixed an issue that allowed a recovering survivor to be able to stack recovering and healing progression
- Fixed an issue that caused The Nightmare to see the outline of a survivor when they stood in front of a generator
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors to have the Wake Up prompt when the action wasn't actually available
- Fixed an issue that caused the Hag's killer stain to appear extremely bright
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nightmare's hand to bend unnaturally during his memento mori
- Fixed an issue that caused the Unbreakable perk to be consumed if survivor was holding the Recover button at the same time they were being healed
- Fixed an issue that caused the destroy pallet audio string to play when the Nightmare damages a generator
- Fixed an issue that could cause a survivor to fall out of world and die when getting rescued from a hook
- Fixed an issue that could cause survivors arms to contort when getting unhooked
- Fixed an issue that could cause survivors to teleport on to the chandelier in the main house in Mother's Dwelling when waking up another survivor
- Fixed an issue that could cause survivors to teleport to the first floor of the Treatment Room when healing another survivor on the control panel
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible for all players in the lobby to use the lobby chat after certain symbols were used
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to interact with a totem located between a tree and fishing boat in the Backwater Swamp theme
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to pass between a hedge and a rock on the Badham Preschool map
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to pass between a rock and fence on the Badham Preschool map
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to pass between a tree and a trashcan in the Badham Preschool map
- Fixed an issue that made it possible to get stuck behind a chest in the Badham Preschool map
- Fixed an issue that sometimes made it impossible for the Hillbilly and the Cannibal to use the chainsaw sprint in the main entrance of the Smokehouse
- Fixed an issue where achievements tied to leveling up appeared in Steam after closing and restarting the game
- Fixed an issue where the attack detection phase would be skipped as soon as a target is found. This affects the lunge, and makes it so that the full attack animation 0.3 seconds is played each time you swing, after the attack phase the character will go into the blade wipe, obstruction hit, or miss swing animation. This was done in the Nightmare DLC release. We have now adjusted the obstruction hit to not completely play, please see balance change for more details.
- Updated the descriptions for all the Medkit items to reflect the healing speed is increased while healing others. English only
Hotfix 1.8.1a[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue causing players to disconnect from the server while transitioning to a lobby through a Survive With Friends group
Hotfix 1.8.1b[edit | edit source]
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Content - Integrated an exclusive customization for David King (torso) for the GStar Event
Patch 1.8.2[edit | edit source]
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Content - Removed the Halloween themed lobby and menu music
- Feature - Improved the speed of Bloodweb animations to make the Bloodweb more responsive and easier to use
- Feature - Removed pop-up when purchasing an element of the Bloodweb, except when showing the content of a Mystery Box
- Adjusted the rate at which the Mystery Boxes can spawn in the Bloodweb. Previously the Mystery Boxes spawned at every level, now it will spawn at levels 3, 5, then every 5 levels.
- Adjusted the speed curve while channeling The Nightmare's ability: He now moves at 95% speed for the duration of channeling. The movement penalty applied when continually casting the Nightmare's ability was quite intense, we have added a slight reduction to the Nightmare's movement speed when using his ability continually.
- Changed the overall balancing of the Bloodweb to have a better repartition of items and rarities. We wanted to make the progression in the Bloodweb more rewarding and satisfying when reaching the higher levels
- Changed the prices of all Bloodweb elements to be based on Rarity instead of position. Price based on position created variance and inconsistency in the value of the rewards. We want players to be able to make choices on what to invest in based on consistent rules.
- Fixed the interaction & attack block during The Nightmare's power success animation. 0.5 seconds after successfully casting his ability the Nightmare can now attack or interact.
- Raised the Rarity of Bloody Party Streamers to Rare (previously Common). Bloody Party Streamers used to be Common for the event they were part of, but leaving them as part of the normal game required to raise their Rarity to appropriately reflect their impact.
- Removed Tiers 2 and 3 of all Daily Rituals and reworked the values to reach for Tiers 1. We want the Daily Ritual to be short, easy to achieve objectives that you can complete every day.
- Removed the possibility for all Moonlight Offerings to spawn in the Bloodweb. The usage of these Offerings could have a lot of impact on the lighting of each map. We needed more control over the exact lighting we decide to set in each map in order to ensure a good experience, and these offerings were making this harder.
- Removed the possibility for the "Will O' Wisp" flashlight and "All Hallows' Eve Lunchbox" medkit items to spawn in chests and in the Bloodweb
- Several changes to to the Rarity of Add-Ons and Offerings :
- Based on the new pricing rules of the Bloodweb, we felt that these items values were superior to what their Rarity suggested.
- The add-ons Garden Rake, Prototype Claws and Paint Thinner now reduce the speed penalty during the 3 second slowdown after The Nightmare triggers the dream transition on a survivor. Prior to this update, these aforementioned add-ons were reducing the speed penalty while you continually casted. Now these add-ons will strictly be reducing the slowdown after successfully putting a survivor to sleep.
- Adjusted the description for the "Risk It All" Achievement
- Adjusted the text for the Camping Aid Kit to have a considerable healing speed instead of moderately
- Fixed a couple of typos in the Cannibals torso customization descriptions in English
- Fixed an issue that caused an impassable gap between 2 rock assets when spawned too close together in Coldwind Farm
- Fixed an issue that caused an impassable gap between 2 rock assets when spawned too close together in Mother's Dwelling
- Fixed an issue that caused the Huntress' camera to behave improperly when slashing a suvrivor
- Fixed an issue that caused the generator explosion and lights to appear when failing / completing an indoor generator in Lampkin Lane or Badham Preschool
- Fixed an issue that caused the polygons on Nea's tank tops to stretch when viewing a character at a distance
- Fixed an issue that could cause Ultra Rare items in the Bloodweb to spawn too frequently
- Fixed an issue that could cause only 1 exit gate to spawn in Azarov's Resting Place map
- Fixed an issue that could cause survivors to get stuck inside the hill asset when healing
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible for the Nurse to blink near the ambulance and cross road in Badham Preschool
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to unlock the "Risk It All" achievement if the ultra rare item/add-on was lost or consumed
- Fixed an issue where killers were not fully blinded by a Flashlight inside the houses in Lampkin Lane
- Fixed an issue where the Nightmare claws played out of sync with the audio from a clients perspective
- Fixed an issue with the Nurse's Sally of the Lantern head customization VFX that caused her eyes to reappear before her body when blinking
- Fixed an issue with the textures on the Shape and the Nurse in the front end and in game
- Tentatively fixed an issue that could occasionally cause no outdoor hooks to spawn in the MacMillan Estate maps. Due to the nature of this issue, it was difficult to reproduce and we will be tracking the status of the issue after this patch to confirm.
- Tweaked the Flashlight blinding effects on the Nightmare. Was causing slight VFX corruption
Hotfix 1.8.2a[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue that caused Bloodlust display an incorrect status notification
- Fixed an issue that caused Kindred not to appear in the HUD
- Fixed an issue where Killers would experience a half second freeze after hooking a survivor
- Fixed an issue where only 1 perk would appear in the Bloodweb after level 25 (at random)
- Fixed an issue where the blinding effect from the Killer's point of view would build up more quickly than it should (which made it impossible to avoid being fully blinded)
- Fixed the placeholder text when viewing the Nightmares add-ons
Hotfix 1.8.2b[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue that could cause 3 exit gates to spawn in the Azarov's Resting Place map
Hotfix 1.8.2c[edit | edit source]
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Integrated modified texts from 1.8.2 (The Nightmare Addons Garden Rake, Paint Thinner & Prototype Claws descriptions) (Russian only)
- Migrated save game data from Steam Cloud / local drive to the Dead by Daylight services for all players
Hotfix 1.8.2d[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue causing players to lose their save game if they did not yet have a profile created on the Dead by Daylight backend servers (If they hadn’t played since May 2017).
- Fixed an issue that could cause a loss of save game when Steam services goes down.
Patch 1.8.3[edit | edit source]
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Added 3 new achievements for the Winter season Holiday Get-Together, Milk 'n' Cookies and Happy Holidays
- Added a new Winter skin for the Mystery Boxes in the Bloodweb. We are feeling generous this Winter season! The Winter Mystery Boxes will appear at every level of the Bloodweb, and will contain new rewards!
- The regular mystery box reward with higher rarity tier weighting
- Multiple versions of the mystery boxes will have cheaper bloodpoints costs
- Added a new Winter themed head customization for all original Killers
- Added a new Winter themed skin for the hooks, barrels and lockers in all levels
- Added a new Winter variation of the Chinese Firecracker item (can be found in chests and in the bloodweb)
- Added new menu and lobby music for the Winter season
- Added various Winter accessories (snow piles, lanterns, snowman and blinking lights) and added falling snow in the main menu and lobbies
- Changed the Wraith's Wailing Bell ringing audio to play up to 24 meters instead of map wide. Survivors, if you hear the bell it means that the Wraith is already decloaking near you!
- Changed the Wraith's cloaking "woosh" sound to 40 meters, instead of infinite. Add-ons that reduced the Wraith's Wailing Bell audio range have been re-purposed for reducing the Cloaking woosh sound. Survivors, if you hear the woosh, the Wraith is near, but you are not in as much danger as when you hear the bell ringing!
- Changed the blood pools and VFX from an injured Survivor to be brighter when The Wraith is cloaked. The blood color returns to normal when uncloaked.
- Cloaking is now faster. Changed speed curve to be 100% of movement speed for 95% of the curve at which it increases to 110% of the Wraith's 4.6 movement speed. (5.06m/s). This should encourage cloaking during chases, we felt that it was rather penalizing to have a cloak reduced movement speed + a uncloak reduced movement speed.
- Delay uncloaking sound by 1.5 seconds. (50% of the animation). Wraith's, use this delay of audio to try and surprise survivors. Survivors, actively look for the Wraith's shimmer while he is cloaked to make the most out of his decloak time/speed.
- Increased the time it takes to Burn the Wraith out of invisibility with a flashlight from 1 second to 1.5
- Increased uncloaking movement speed and adjusted the uncloak movement speed curve to feel smoother and give less ground to survivors. The decloak gave a lot of room for survivors to put distance between themselves and the Wraith, with these changes Survivors should be actively looking for the wraith shimmer to get a head start.
- Interacting with a locker while cloaked should force the Wraith out of cloak if he finds a survivor. If he doesn't find anyone he should stay cloaked.
- Odd Bulb has an adjusted consumption rate, from moderately (24%) to slightly (12%) increased consumption rate.
- Reduced invisibility Burnout time when a survivor flashlights a cloaked Wraith from 4 seconds to 3
- Removed the quicker blind and burn modifiers from the increased flashlight beam effects against the killer, and from increased the power of the flashlight beam add-ons and items as well as simplified the text to reflect these changes(Utility Flashlight, Focus Lens, High-end Sapphire Lens, Power Bulb, Intense Halogen, Odd Bulb and TIR Optic)
- The Wraith can now damage generators and destroy pallets when cloaked. Doing this will force the Wraith out of invisibility during the animation, and the terror radius will play at full and then fade the Wraith back into invisibility.
- Bloodhound: Increased Tiers I and II so that all Tiers use the same blood intensity.
- Shadowborn: Negative effects have been removed, FOV increased to 9/12/15 from 3/5/10.
- All Wraith's Common add-ons are now "Soot" add-ons
- All Wraith's Rare add-ons are now "White" add-ons
- All Wraith's Ultra Rare add-ons are now "Spirit" add-ons
- All Wraith's Uncommon add-ons are now "Mud" add-ons
- All Wraith's Very Rare add-ons are now "Blood" add-ons
Add-on Rarity Changes
- Adjusted the "Blink" add-ons that reduce The Wraiths disappearance charge time to 12.5/50%
- Adjusted the White and Blood "Windstorm" add-ons for The Wraith's reappearance time to 10/15%.Adjusting the uncloak movement curve, we've made it so The Wraith exits the uncloak at max speed instead of having to accelerate to max speed after the uncloak. This effectively maximizes the Windstorm add-ons efficiency, in compensation we have increased the time it takes to uncloak.
- Adjusted the range at which the Wraith's Wailing Bell can be heard with the "Coxcombed Clapper" add-on to 40%
- Adjusted the time it takes for The Wraith to uncloak with the "Swift Hunt" add-ons to 10/15/20%
- Changed the name of the "Ghost" Soot add-on to "Ghost" White to better fit it's rarity
- Increased the aura reading range by 2 meters on the "All Seeing" add-ons. These are affected by other aura reading perks.
- Moved the generator in the foundry in the Ironworks of Misery map
- Re-integrated the adjusted pallet location next to the foundry window in the Ironworks of Misery map
- Re-integrated the assets outside of the window on the bottom floor of the foundry in the Ironworks of Misery map
- Mystery Box (Winter Gift) can never contain an Item below the box's Rarity
- Mystery Box (Winter Gift) prices are half of the box rarity's
- Reworked the spawn pattern of Mystery Box (Winter Gift) to be 1 at all Levels, and 2 every 5 Levels (except 50)
- Fixed a level of detail issue on a specific type of tree in Badham Preschool
- Fixed an issue that caused Feng Min's Day Off Wrap customization to become transparent while in the Dream State
- Fixed an issue that caused additional extra bonus Bloodpoint rewards when using The Shape's add-ons "Scratched Mirror" & "Vanity Mirror"
- Fixed an issue that caused an impassable gap between a rock and fire barrel in the MacMillan Estate maps
- Fixed an issue that caused the Killers model to obstruct auras (outlines)
- Fixed an issue that caused the Wraith to be unaffected by the Enduring perk when getting hit by a pallet while cloaked
- Fixed an issue that caused the Wraiths eyes to remains visible when equipping the All Hallow's Eyes customization
- Fixed an issue that caused the arrows in Spectate mode to be invisible
- Fixed an issue that caused the generator repaired bubble not to appear for players when indoor generators in Lampkin Lane and Badham Preschool were repaired
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause motion blur when changing graphics settings
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible for the Nurse to blink behind one of the houses in Badham Preschool
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to properly interrupt a survivor repairing an indoor generator in the Lampkin Lane and Badham Preschool maps
- Fixed an issue where out of world textures were visible while in the Dream State in the garage of the Wretched Shop map
- Fixed an issue where out of world textures were visible while in the Dream State in the slaughterhouse of the Rancid Abbatoir map
- Fixed an issue where the offering Black Salt Statuette had the incorrect rarity
- Fixed an issue with the perk Beast of Prey, Tiers I and III were marked as 10/30, instead of 15/25 as listed in game.
- Fixed an issue with the perk Object of Obsession, Tiers II and III were set to 50 meters and 56 meters instead of 56 and 64.
- Fixed an issue with the perk Quick and Quiet, Tiers I and II were set to 60 and 40 second cooldowns instead of 30/25 respectively.
- Fixed an issue with the perk Slippery Meat, Tier 1 decreased the escape rate by 25% instead of increasing it by 15%.
- Fixed the ground textures in Badham Preschool
Hotfix 1.8.3a[edit | edit source]
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Content - Integrated updated Polish localization
- Event - Added support for Blood Hunt event from December 28th 2017 to January 2nd 2018
- Re-integrated the Polish language (was erroneously removed with 1.8.3)
Hotfix 1.8.3b[edit | edit source]
- Integrated additional anlaytics and logging to investigate connectivity issues with the backend services.