The following is a list of all the Patches that have been released for the game since its release.
- Fixed various chainsaw sounds
- Fixed various hook sounds
- Adjusted visual for the match results text
- Fixed an issue that could cause eye popping during a hook rescue
- Fixed various issues that could result in floating chests and barricades
- Fixed an issue that could cause drastic framerate drops when healing fellow survivors
- Fixed an issue that could cause bloodpoints to display a negative value when players earned more points than their previous total
- Fixed an issue that cause the killer to play a "carrying attack" animation after hooking a survivor
- Fixed various issues that could occur if a player sabotaged a hook while a killer hooks someone
- Fixed an issue that could cause the killer to get stuck in objects when interrupting survivor actions
- Added missing shadows to the campfire
- Adjusted certain fire materials
- Adjusted certain emissive materials
- Adjusted certain effects on Meg's hair
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players from disarming traps when holding a toolbox
- Modified a certain hill tile to prevent certain collision issues
- Fixed an issue that could cause escaped players' outlines to be shown to hooked players
- Fixed certain issues that could occur when a hooked player disconnects
- Item addons will now function properly if the item is given to another player
- Adjustments to male and female run animations
- Fixed an issue could cause the "Zealous" achievement to be awarded incorrectly
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to become stuck if the player healing them taps the input rather than holding it
- Fixed an issue that could result in a broken lobby transition when accepting a private lobby invitation while watching a tutorial video
- Fixed various UI issues in the Kill Your Friends lobby
- Rapidly pressing on "Loadout" and "Switch Role" will no longer result in the loadout background to be displayed without the menu
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when pressing alt-F4 during the intro video
- The "Saboteur" perk was missing its skill check difficulty adjustment. It has been fixed.
- The "Spine Chill" and "Premonition" perks were not working correctly. They have been fixed.
- Fixed a graphical issue that could occur when a player leaves the match during the sacrifice sequence
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to incorrectly lose rank pips when in the tally screen
- Fixed an issue that could cause the host player to crash when leaving a public match
- Fixed an issue that could cause daily rituals to behave incorrectly for new players
- Fixed an issue that could cause the category of maxed out score events to be replaced by "none"
- Fixed an issue that could leave a lobby in a state unable to receive new players
- Fixed an issue where healing a survivor would reward the points to the survivor that got healed, rather that the healer.
- Added art book for owners of the Deluxe Edition
- Added art book for owners of the Deluxe Edition
- Adjusted cooldown of "Sprint Burst"
- "We'll Make It" now only affects healing others, and its maximum bonus has been reduced
- Various balance changes to healing build perks, survivalist build perks and healing items
- Adjusted spawn location weights for chests and generators
- Adjusted various score values
- Crows will now notify killers of survivors who bore the Entity by being too still for too long
- The Wraith now has better things to do than cloak and uncloak repeatedly for points
- Adjusted window vaulting mechanics for killers and survivors
- "Spies from the Shadows" will no longer be triggered when the killer disturbs the crows
- Added a 5 second delay before joining a new game after leaving lobby
- Killers are now awarded sacrifice points if a survivor leaves the game
- Killers are now awarded bonus points if a survivor disconnects
- Unspent blood points are now capped
- Adjusted certain matchmaking values
- Various changes to basement, mine and blood lodge
- Adjusted distortion effects during the sacrifice sequence
- Adjusted smoke and materials when spawning characters
- UI updates to the tally, loadout and inventory screens
- The tally screen should now display the proper status for players that left or disconnected
- Increased penalties for disconnecting or leaving a game
- Animation polish
- Fixed an issue which could cause "No One Escapes Death" to grant an incorrect attack cooldown reduction
- Fixed an issue that could cause the killer's camera to clip when picking up a survivor
- Fixed an issue that could cause loud noise indicators to be seen in the tally screen
- Fixed an issue that could stop a survivor from running when pressing the item use button when no interactions are available
- Fixed an issue that could cause the trapper's addons to only affect his starting trap
- Fixed a matchmaking issue that could cause some players to be unable to play as the killer
- Fixed an issue that could cause the survivor's HP (bleed out) bar to not update properly on the survivor's screen
- Fixed an issue that could cause The Wraith to flicker when dissolving
- Fixed an issue that could cause the wrong animation to play after picking up a survivor
- Fixed an issue which could cause players not to derank after achieving rank 1
- Fixed an issue which could block movement when The Hillbilly destroys an obstacle with the chainsaw
- Fixed an issue where survivors couldn’t run away while getting healed
- Fixed an issue which could cause players to get stuck on the hill
- Various audio fixes
- The Entity now manifests at the sacrificial hook in its proper glory
- Fixed jittery walking animations for survivors
- Fixed placement of bear traps near windows
- Fixed picking up of crawling survivors near windows
|BUGFIXES & BALANCING
- Capped blood points at 500,000
- Fix Wraith point farming when cloaking / uncloaking next to injured survivors
- Fix for some killer add-ons not working (Wraith, Trapper)
- Fixed PIP penalties for leaving a game
- Fixed an issue that could slow down or break matchmaking for some killers
- Fixed entity visible at the start of the hook sequence
- Fixed interruption on hatch causing the survivor to turn invisible
Survive With Friends (V1)
This initial implementation of Survive With Friends will allow for a group of survivors to be created and to matchmake into a ranked lobby together. It should be used in a similar fashion as the Kill Your Friends Mode:
- Have a survivor (host) created click Survive With Friends from the Main Menu
- As the host, invite other survivors to the lobby.
- Once the party is formed, have all players ready-up. This will triggered the matchmaking process and transition the party to an online lobby.
Note: After playing a game, the survivor group will be automatically disbanded and all members will be returned to their single player survivor lobby. We are working on maintaining the party between games, and you can expect this to come in a follow up patch.
- Matchmaking changes to prepare for Survivor Groups
- Added support for Survivor With Friends (V1)
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Additional Survivor customisation Items (one set per Survivor)
- Survivor Gestures (1 & 2 on Keyboard, D-Pad Up & D-Pad Down on Controller)
- Russian & Chinese Localisation
- New Coldwind Farm Map (Fractured Cowshed)
- Increased support for catching players tampering with game files
- Level design & art adjustments to reduce infinite window loops
- Added dynamic spawning of window blockers
- Removed the possibility to place bear trap really close (or on top) of each other
- Fixed escaping of the level when running towards the exit and caught in a bear trap
- Fixed hatch noise being audible even if the hatch is invisible
- Fixed locker interior being visible in the distance
- Fixed locker blocking placement of bear traps
- Fixed some issues with objects appearing too clearly through fog and in low-end
- Fixed issue with chainsaw add-ons making it impossible to fully heal a survivor
- Fixed some cases where the survivor used killer customisation parts when entering a private lobby
- Fixed returning to a lobby from a private match causing an infinite load for the Host
- Fixed countdown not occurring in private lobby if a party member leaves while readied-up
- Fixed some cases where bear traps could be farmed for points by survivors
- Fixed some cases where players would not lose pips (disconnect penalty) while exiting an active game
- Fixed scoring event localization
- Fixed hatch appearance frequency on certain maps
- Fixed black nodes appearing on the blood web (and force regenerate invalid blood webs)
- Fixed an issue which could cause Steam Stats & Achievements to get reset
- Fixed an issue preventing the trapper from placing traps near sabotaged traps
- Fixed an issue which could cause killer prestige weapons to flicker in game
- Fixed an issue that caused the Saboteur perk to decrease sabotage speed when using a toolbox
- Fixed an issue which could cause survivors to lose pips when the killer leaves the game (known issues with the Tally not properly displaying the pips & blood points status in such cases)
- Fixed an issue which caused the perk "Whispers" to trigger when near dead or sacrificed survivors
- Fixed an issue which could render a downed survivor unable to interact or be interacted with if a pickup interaction would fail
- Removed the ability for a survivor to disarm or sabotage traps while walking or running
- Added a penalty to the wiggle build-up when a killer puts a survivor down
- Bloodhound: Fresh blood marks can be for 2/3/4 seconds longer than normal (up from 1/2/3)
Our data indicates that Bloodhound is underpowered. In order to make this perk more viable, we have chosen to increase the duration of how long the blood marks are visible. With a longer blood trail, there are more chances you’ll pick up the scent and be able to start your hunt. We kept its powerful synergy with Sloppy Butcher in mind:
- Sloppy Butcher: Increased the frequency of bleeding for tiers I and II. Decreased the frequency of bleeding for tier III.
We rebalanced the amount of blood spawned when affected by sloppy butcher. We feel the new balance is closer to the intended gameplay: being able to track a survivor. The injured survivor needs to use the environment to break the line of blood splatter using grass and other techniques to obscure their trail until they are healed (or killed). Overall this perk should be more a more viable option for killers’ loadouts at all levels. A good killer at this point should be able to follow the blood trail on most maps.
- Brutal Strength: Increased barricade destruction speed bonus to 20%/30%/40% (up from 10%/20%/30%)
Brutal Strength is a good perk that is being picked, but not as often as the more popular perks. We have decided that a slight boost should allow for more dynamic play and enough of a boost to merit equipping this perk.
- Insidious: Decreased time taken to become stealthy to 4/3/2 seconds (down from 6/4/3)
This is one of our favorite perks. However, in its current form, it can be too slow to use with the current pace of the game. The idle time required is often too high a price to pay, especially at level I. We have lowered time required to become stealthy for all tiers of the perk. Survivors, take your time to look around before you do you anything risky!
- Iron Grasp: Fixed description and decreased wiggle reduction effect to 20%/40%/60% (down from 25%/50%/75%)
We want to add a bit more challenge for the killer when transporting a victim with Iron Grasp. As it currently stands (due mostly to sneaky sabotaging survivors!) we chose not to reduce the time required to struggle out. However, we did reduce the wiggle force reduction to allow survivors to fight back a bit better. We also updated the description of the struggle time effect to match the values that were already in-game.
- No One Escapes Death: Added a time limit of 120 seconds and reduced movement speed bonus to 3%/4%/4% (down from 3%/5%/5%)
No One Escapes Death is probably one of the game’s most controversial perks, and certainly one of the most often picked. By adding a time limit to the perk, we’re encouraging killers to try a “berserker blitz” where they have to hunt and find survivors as fast as possible, rather than camp strategic points. The very slight movement speed decrease will help some survivors get away during these 2 terrifying minutes. With these changes in place, we believe that this perk will no longer be a “must-have” for every killer loadout, but still be a viable option.
- Shadowborn: Reduced the field of view bonus for all tiers
This perk has was so strong that it was a no-brainer to always use it, especially given the rarity of flashlight experts out there. The FOV difference should still be high enough to be noticeable and give an advantage to those who use this perk, without being an automatic pick.
- Spies From The Shadows: Increased odds to trigger the effect to 50%/50%/75% (up from 25%/50%/75%) and increased range to 16/24/36 meter (from 12/24/36)
We believe this perk is fine at tiers II and III but the first tier of this perk could use a boost. Increasing the chance that the crows give a visual cue and increasing the range should make this perk viable even at tier I.
Even though the numbers appear unchanged, they are now added to the base chance rather than acting as a multiplier on them. This will greatly increase the probability of skill checks being triggered when in the terror radius of the killer.
- Integrate additional analytics to investigate failures to join lobby & matchmaking
- Fixed an issue that caused Unnerving Presence to cause skill-checks on some non-skill-check based charge interactions (recover, open door, ...)
- Adjust PIP reward zones to 0 / 7000 / 10000 / 20000 for receiving -1, 0, 1 and 2 pips respectively.
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Added a new location (Crotus Prenn Asylum)
- Added a new map for Crotus Prenn Asylum (Disturbed Ward)
- Added a new Survivor Perk (Kindred)
- Added chat functionality to the Tally Screen (available until server becomes unavailable)
- Added support for Controls remapping
- Added various prompts to indicate Easy-Anti Cheat banned status
- New Killer Character Available (The Nurse)
- New Survivor Character Available (Nea Karlsson)
- Tooltip for add-ons has a mention to indicate that they can’t be equipped (if not compatible with the current item)
- Added an angle tolerance for triggering the fast window vault interaction
- Added a loud noise trigger upon sabotaging a hook
- Added a new mechanic that will slow characters down after landing from a high enough point
- Adjusted sound levels for entering / exiting closets and being inside a closet
- Adjusted the Chainsaw’s long guide bar add-on to reduce the possibilities of triggering the attack without successfully landing a hit
- Changed “Rank 1” display to behave like other ranks (displays the number of pips)
- Chase trigger conditions have been adjusted
- Scoring Adjustment – Balanced Hillbilly scoring events
- Scoring Adjustment – Balanced Wraith scoring events
- Scoring Adjustment – Increased scoring for hook struggling
- Scoring Adjustment – Reduced score for placing a bear trap as Trapper
- Scoring Adjustment – Reduced score for sabotage actions
- Self-heal interaction is now only available when stopped
- Adjusted leaving penalties to not apply when crashing
- Adjusted survivors visuals so that they fade into the fog in the distance
- Fixed an issue which caused a survivor struggling on the hook to be sacrificed if another survivor tried to unhook him but stopped midway
- Fixed an issue which caused customization items to be applied on wrong characters
- Fixed an issue which caused customization slots to be greyed out and made it impossible to customize parts of certain characters
- Fixed an issue which caused killer to sometimes only lose a single pip when leaving a game (now set to 3 pips)
- Fixed an issue which caused killers to get stuck at the end of an interaction (vault, hook, pickup) while playing in low or medium settings
- Fixed an issue which caused Perk Slots to be automatically unlocked when Prestiging
- Fixed an issue which caused perks that affect other players to still be displayed in their HUD after the owner player dies or is sacrificed
- Fixed an issue which caused survivors to clip halfway through the ground after being put in a crawling state in a slope
- Fixed an issue which caused the Barricade Killer Stun & Destroy Barricade scoring events to not be awarded
- Fixed an issue which caused the Hillbilly to be able to break a plank during his chainsaw recovery
- Fixed an issue which caused the killer to interrupt a survivor’s escape from his shoulder grasp by attacking
- Fixed an issue which caused the list of players in the lobby in a Kill Your Friends Match to be invalid
- Fixed an issue which caused the Map & Key Items to continuously emit sound for other players when depleted
- Fixed an issue which caused the perk “Whispers” to trigger on survivors in paradise
- Fixed an issue which caused the prompts for disarm and sabotage to be both displayed in quick succession (disarm is now required prior to sabotaging)
- Fixed an issue which caused the recover or self-heal prompts to display when getting interrupted while entering a locker
- Fixed an issue which caused the recover prompt to take precedence over the Hatch Escape prompt in dying state
- Fixed an issue which caused the skill check marker to keep animating for a small amount of time after hitting the skill check button
- Fixed an issue which caused the stillness crows to change height when a survivor crouches
- Fixed an issue which caused the Wraith to be able to attack while turning fully invisible
- Fixed an issue which made it impossible to sabotage a bear trap if the trapper is wielding the Tinkerer perk and some add-ons
- Fixed an issue which made it impossible to unlock the Perfect Killing achievement
- Fixed an issue which made it possible for survivors to obtain the Escaped status while being in the killer’s grasp
- Fixed offering descriptions & rarities being mismatches during the offering sequence when more than one offering was played
- Fixed various issues that could cause the tally screen & character status (Rank & Bloodpoints) to display incorrect values
- Various localization fixes for Chinese & Russian
- Fixed a crash happening on the loading screen
- Fixed an issue which allowed the Nurse to obtain scoring points when blink attacking a survivor on the hook
- Fixed an issue which caused player to not see every other survivor in an online lobby after joining as a survivor group
- Fixed an issue which caused the loud noise to not trigger on fast window vaults
- Fixed an issue which caused the medium speed window vault to be triggered instead of the fast one
- Fixed an issue which caused the player rank to not display properly until updated
- Adjusted the catch-up speed for the Nurse
- Adjusted matchmaking parameters to discard older lobbies and reduce the potential of connecting to dead lobbies
- Adjusted the Nurse camera angle when breaking pallets & getting stunned
- Fixed a potential crash while healing (towards completion)
- Fixed a potential loading screen crash
- Fixed an issue which causes players to lose their item after the game begins if equipped with Anti-Hemorrhagic Syringe, Styptic Agent or Brand New Part
- Fixed an issue which made generator highlights invisible to killers & survivors with maps when left at 99.9% completion
- Fixed an issue which caused exited lobbies to be kept available (should alleviate matchmaking difficulties)
- Fixes an issue which caused the leaving penalty (3 pips) to be applied to certain players upon lauching the game.
- Fixed an issue which causes some players to be unable to save their game
- Adjusted attack and hit detection zone for Killers
- Hide Survivor information UI bubbles indicating Name, Level & Rank in Public Lobbies
- Fixed an issue which caused all Perk & Add-Ons revealing survivor outlines to not work at all
- Fixed an issue which caused the survivor hair to be visible over generator outlines
- Fixed an issue which made it impossible to remove some equipped prestige parts for the Nurse
- Fixed an issue which made it possible a killer to attack or interrupt through some walls
- Fixed an issue which made it possible for the Hillbilly to run infinitely against a collision and accumulate points
- Fixed an issue which made it possible for the Nurse to interrupt, pick up or interact during the blink stun period
- Fixed an issue which made it possible to lunge attack without looking at the target
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Adjusted Reset Controls to Default to apply to the current page only (killer / survivor & controller / keyboard)
- Adjusted pallet overlap with a slasher (on drop down) to teleport the slasher away from survivor instead of the same side
- Adjusted pallet stun to apply at the beginning of the pallet drop instead of the end
- Fixed an issue which caused a survivor to get stuck if a player healing him would disconnect or leave during the interaction
- Fixed an issue which caused a survivor to visually sink in the ground when using a gesture while crouched
- Fixed an issue which caused the flashlight stun drop to not activate while a killer attacks or drops a survivor
- Fixed an issue which caused the Iron Will Perk to not work as described (sound dampening reduction was lower than expected, and the local player did not hear the proper levels)
- Fixed an issue which caused the Lightborn Perk to not display in the HUD and to not work as described
- Fixed an issue which made it possible to exit out of sabotage early by using a gesture
- Fixed for game client crashing when disconnecting from the server & when leaving the tally after a game
- Updated FX visuals and additional optimization (telekinesis, burned trees, leaves, pallet)
- Updated the Nurse Memento Mori animation
- Fixed an issue which caused pallet stun to maximize Boldness points for Survivors
- Fixed an issue which made it possible for players to walk through arch structures in Asylum
- Disabled the use of macros while the game is running
- Fixed an issue which cause the Season Reset to not trigger
- Fixed an issue which caused promo customization items to only appear for users that owned them
- Fixed an issue which made it possible to exceed the maximum turn-rate of the chainsaw by using the both a mouse and keyboard (or a controller) simultaneously
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Added a new set of 13 Item Add-Ons
- Added a new set of 10 Offerings
- Added a new set of 29 Power Add-Ons
- Added 9 new Item variations.
- New Survivor Customization Items Available (80s Pack DLC)
- New Killer Customization (Weapons)
- Added a reservation step prior to joining a Lobby (making sure there’s a spot available prior to transitioning)
- As survivors, interval of ranks for which you are searching will not expand anymore (expansion is limited to Killers)
- Searching for games now will search non-stop until a game is found (this can be cancelled out of)
- Added a toggle button for the Chat in Lobby & Tally (display / hide)
- Added automatic sorting of Items, Add-Ons & Offerings in the Inventory (by Compatibility, Rarity and then Name)
- Added a bear trap immunity period after exiting a trap or being dropped by the killer (a player can’t be trapped for a certain period of time after either of these interactions)
- Added a new mechanic that causes windows to become blocked for a short duration if a survivor uses the same window too frequently in a short period of time (only visible and blocked for the Survivor)
- Adjusted spawning proximity values (reduce the chance of spawning in clumps of Survivors)
- Adjusted the recovery time for Survivors in dying state (recovery in dying state is now twice as fast)
- Implemented additional interactivity between the Flashlight and the Nurse (Flashlight can interrupt charge & chain blinking and cause a stun)
- Rebalanced Map & Flashlight Scoring Values
- Some Nurse Addons have been rebalanced (Pocket Watch, Wooden Horse, Bad Man’s Keepsake, Catatonic Boy’s Treasure)
- Stillness crows (level crows) do not fly off anymore when a Survivor crouches or crouch walks
- Survivors being healed from the crawling state are not animated anymore (makes it more difficult for the Killer to identify this through Outlines, like with Deerstalker)
- The Nurse “Nurse’s Calling” Perk range has been reduced
- The Nurse base blink amount has been reduced from 3 to 2
- The Nurse base movement speed has been reduced
- Disabled V-Sync while the game is in Windowed Full Screen (default) mode (should provide a performance increase in various circumstances)
- Fixed an issue which caused “Prove Thyself” to remain active even if the wielder of the perk would die or disconnect
- Fixed an issue which caused “Whispers” & “Spies from the Shadows” to trigger on dead & disconnected survivors
- Fixed an issue which caused disconnected Survivors to count towards sacrifice achievements
- Fixed an issue which caused hair (and other dynamically animated geometry) to get stuck in various buildings (Asylum, Shack)
- Fixed an issue which caused part of The Wraith head’s geometry to be visible in first person when walking while invisible
- Fixed an issue which caused players to stand-up after vaulting when crouched
- Fixed an issue which caused survivors to jitter when put on the hook (usually the first time)
- Fixed an issue which caused survivors to spawn with default customization items when accepting an invite from outside the game
- Fixed an issue which caused the “Shroud of Separation” & “Should of Binding” offerings to not have any effect
- Fixed an issue which caused the bear trap to change position & orientation every time the killer would step on it
- Fixed an issue which caused the Flashlight Stun Drop to not be triggered while hooking up and picking up a Survivor
- Fixed an issue which caused the Killer’s intro sequence to not play (which in turn caused part of the killer’s head geometry to stay visible during gameplay)
- Fixed an issue which caused the killer matchmaking to search for a wider range of ranks after survivors would join a Lobby
- Fixed an issue which caused the Nurse to move too quickly when holding a Survivor
- Fixed an issue which caused the Pallet Stun Drop to not be triggered if the survivor was wiggling on the killer’s shoulder
- Fixed an issue which caused the players to be transitioned to paradise but to still be considered in the game
- Fixed an issue which could cause a survivor do dies instantaneously on the hook if another survivor would cancel the unhook interaction
- Fixed an issue which made it impossible for some people to type in chat because of invalid characters in their Steam Name (specifically “&”, “<”, “>”)
- Fixed an issue which made it impossible for the Hillbilly to chainsaw a crouching survivor down a hill
- Fixed an issue which made it impossible to activate the Memento Mori from certain directions
- Fixed an issue which made it possible for a survivor to get stuck on a loading screen when accepting a lobby invite while the last spot is getting taken
- Fixed an issue which made it possible for players to keep using the flashlight when getting injured to the dying state
- Fixed an issue which made it possible for players to skip the end of the sabotage interaction by dropping an item
- Fixed an issue which made it possible for some interactions to be activated through a collision
- Fixed an issue which made it possible for the Hillbilly to bump up a collision when colliding with the chainsaw
- Fixed an issue which made it possible for the Nurse to blink on top of pallets
- Fixed an issue which made it possible for the Nurse to interrupt during the blink cooldown phase
- Fixed an issue which made it possible to obtain boldness points if another survivor would disconnect on the hook
- Adjusted Flashlight Burn out of Invisibility (350 down from 1000)
- Disabled the possibility of flashlight stuns during Hooking & Picking Up Animations
- Fixed an issue causing Survive With Friends groups to be kicked back to the main menu
- Fixed an issue making it impossible to open the hatch with a key (Dull & Skeleton)
- Added analytics for better tracking of players getting booted out of killer lobbies upon joining
- Fixed an issue causing missing collisions on certain Asylum walls
- Increased timeout on matchmaking reservations (should decrease matchmaking times)
- Adjusted the EAC Integrity Violation Message
- Fixed an issue causing some players to be kicked out of a lobby quickly after joining and receiving the “Cheater Detected” message
- Solution for maze tiles (aka “jungle gyms”) has been implemented randomizing the number of vaults and limiting it to one.
- Fixed an issue causing some players to not get access to DLC Customization Item after purchasing it (80s Pack)
- Fixed an issue making it possible to keep customization items in your inventory after refunding a purchase
|The Patch Notes for 1.2.0 match the ones for its PTB, listed here are only additional changes:
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Audio - Added two new musics that play when in proximity of the killer or during a chase
- Audio - Added four new songs from the soundtrack to the menu music sequence
- Added randomization of pallet spawning inside the Asylum
- Adjusted random Map selection to have an equal distribution of Maps instead of Locations
- Adjusted the Wraith visuals to make him more difficult to see
- Reduced the Wraith sound loudness while cloaked
- The Unrelenting Perk attack cooldown reduction has been increased for all tier
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect or no sounds to be played upon hitting various surfaces
- Fixed an issue making it impossible to share The Last Breath Chapter through family sharing (both characters are unlocked by default)
- Fixed a display issue with the rewarding of Iridescent Shards on the Tally Screen
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Content – Added a new location (Haddonfield)
- Content – Added a new map for Haddonfield (Lampkin Lane)
- Content – Added a new offering that allows to play as Michael Myers (appears on killers’ bloodwebs if you do not own the associated DLC) (refer to the dev message below for more details)
- Feature – Added the new Obsession Mechanic (refer to the dev message below for more details)
- Fixed an issue causing map calling tremendous offerings to have no effect
- Fixed an issue making it possible for a killer to hook a survivor instantly from the ground if picked up under a hook
- Fixed missing text for the Enduring Perk ("Recovery from physical stun condition caused by perks is increased by 20%" added)
- Fixed an issue making it impossible to successfully stalk a survivor with The Shape at certain resolutions
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Added a new Halloween themed head customization item for Trapper, Wraith, and Hillbilly
- Added an effect to the “Object of Obsession” Perk if the wielder of the perk is not the obsession (similar effect, shorter range)
- Added a forced save of the game after a perk has been bought in the Shrine of Secret
- Adjusted Chase & Proximity music levels
- Fixed an issue making it impossible to jump down from a roof through fence gaps in Haddonfield
- Fixed an issue making it impossible to navigate behind a specific bench in Haddonfield because of a rock too close to an hedge
- Fixed an issue making it possible for The Shape to stalk survivors inside closets
- Fixed an issue making it possible to jump on top of the Cabin building in Haddonfield
- Fixed an issue that caused a barrel to spawn underneath a hook in Haddonfield
- Fixed an issue that caused chases to end when entering Stalking mode with The Shape
- Fixed an issue that caused Laurie Strode’s voice to be Meg’s
- Fixed an issue that caused some Med-Kit Add-Ons to affect Self-Care and other interactions
- Fixed an issue that caused The Shape tier 3 kill action to consume a Memento Mori kill
- Readjusted game audio balance (this will cause a reduction in general volume)
- Fixed a few in-game crashes
- Fixed an issue causing the camera to clip through survivor’s heads while opening the exit gates
- Fixed an issue making it possible for players to be able to randomly go through one another (temporarily having no collisions between specific players)
- Fixed an issue making it possible to push survivors away from hooks
- Fixed an issue making it possible to stalk survivors after they have escaped the level
- Increased the initial phase of the sacrifice to be infinite
- There is a 5% chance to save yourself from the hook during this sequence
- There is 25% chance to be sent directly into the struggle phase when attempting to save yourself.
- Killers can now interact with uncompleted generators by pressing and holding the interaction button.
- Hooks auto-repair themselves after 2 minutes (from both sabotage and sacrifices)
- Sabotage meat hook time will be reduced from 20 seconds to 12 seconds.
- Disarm Bear trap time is reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Trapper Bear Trap Add-on - Fastening Tools –increased the Bear-Traps disable time
- Iron Grasp - Changed to - Your powerful hold on the survivors causes escapes to be nearly impossible. Effects of survivor struggling are reduced by 40%/50%/60%. Time to struggle out of your grasp is increased by 8%/10%/12%. (note that the text in game is NOT changed)
- Added a cooldown period (after losing or gaining a charge) before a killer can gain an additional charge for the “Play With Your Food” Perk
- Added an additional modifier to the “Vanity Mirror” The Shape Add-On that slightly decreases the movement speed
- Reduced the maximum recovery percentage to 85% (down from 95%)
- The “Play With Your Food” speed increase bonus was adjusted to 3%/4%/5% (down from 5%/6%/7%)
- The “Tinkerer” Perk now affects 3 additional Add-Ons for The Shape (“Judith’s Journal”, “Memorial Flower”, “J. Myers Memorial”)
- Added support for fixed duration blood points bonus events
- Adjusted accumulation of stalking points to be the same for any number of stalked survivors (simultaneously stalking multiple survivors does not increase the speed at which stalking points increase)
- Adjusted the minimum distance between bear traps to 1.5 meters (up from 0.6 meters)
- Fixed an issue causing blood points to sometimes start counting from a negative value in the Tally screen
- Modified the process of joining lobbies which results in reduced time to join a lobby after a game has been found
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Added Legacy Prestige Outfits in Customization View (currently locked until they are available)
- Adjusted the Bloodweb generation to allow multiple perks on a single Bloodweb (the entity will always eat the remaining perk after the player selects one)
- Reduced the amount of nodes per Bloodweb for faster leveling up of characters
- Various other adjustments on Bloodweb generation (changing odds of appearance and content distribution)
- Fixed an issue causing Legacy Prestige outfits to not be displayed in character customization
- Fixed an issue causing the CGVA Mask to be available in the character customization
|BUGFIX & BALANCING
- Adjusted the starting round of the entity on the bloodweb to round 5 for levels 25+ (up from 4)
- Fixed decisive strike having no effect
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Added a bell object and animation while the Wraith cloaks & de-cloaks
- Added a popup message when launching the game and the save game can’t be read (also disables saving of the game)
- Added additional information to Easy Anti-Cheat popup messages
- Added an option to adjust the menu music volume
- Added Legacy Customization Items for Dwight, Jake, Meg, Claudette, Nea, Trapper, Wraith, Hillbilly & Nurse
- Added sorting (automatic) of customization items by rarity
- Added support for spectators in Kill Your Friends (there are now 5 non-killer slots that can be filled by a mix of survivors and spectators)
- Added support to rate the match in the Tally Screen
- Added support to report or give props to other players in the Tally Screen
- Added the Totem Mechanic (Dull Totems)
- Adjusted the display of bear trap placement to match the actual placement of the bear trap
- Re-integrated ready checkmarks & nameplates above survivors in online lobbies (without ranking and progression information)
- Activating the last required generator for a game will automatically activate all remaining generators
- Added a Scoring Event for 300 Brutality Points when doing a surprise uncloak attack with The Wraith (in addition to the Surprise Attack Deviousness points)
- Added a Scoring Event for 300 Brutality Points when landing a chainsaw hit with The Hillbilly (in addition to the Deviousness points)
- Added Affected by Tinkerer modifier to the following addons; Nurse: "Dull Bracelet", "Anxious Gasp", "Jenner's Last Breath", "Metal Spoon", "Bad Man's Keepsake", "Spasmodic Breath"; Trapper: "Strong Coil Spring", "4 Coil Spring", "Bloody Coil", "Fastening Tools"; Hillbilly: "Thompsons Mix", "Death Engravings", "Doom Engravings".
- Adjusted "Plunderer’s Instinct" (reduced aura reading distances for Levels 2 & 3, added a modifier to increase the rarity of items found for all levels)
- Adjusted "Vanity Mirror" & "Scratched Mirror" to provide bonus in the deviousness category (instead of brutality)
- Adjusted Asylum building modeling & level-design to add more randomness and reduce possibilities for infinites
- Adjusted Survivor vaulting animation to feel more fluid.
- Adjusted the "Balanced Landing" Perk (sprint duration increased from 2 seconds to 3 seconds, cooldown decreased to 40 seconds from 60 seconds)
- Adjusted the "Calm Spirit" Perk, (new values are 80/90/100%, increased from 70/80/95%)
- Adjusted the "Decisive Strike" Perk (new values are 3/3.5/4 reduced from 3/4/5)
- Adjusted the "Hope" Perk (new values are 5/6/7 increased from 2/3/4, included a condition for this perk to be active only for 120 seconds after the exit gates are powered)
- Adjusted the "Sprint Burst" Perk so that recuperation time takes twice as long while running
- Adjusted the "Tinkerer" Perk to provide its bonus to positive modifiers (negative effects will be let unaffected by the perk)
- Adjusted the "Urban Evasion" Perk (new values are 40/45/50 increased from 10/12/15)
- Adjusted the Hatch Escape interaction to be available from all incoming angles
- Adjusted the number of pallets and hooks in various maps (ongoing)
- Adjusted the parameters for the entity window blocking mechanic & added a condition that requires a recent chase to have happened for windows to be blocked
- Adjusted The Shape Evil Within Scoring (500 bloodpoints upon raising the Evil Within Tier, up to 2000 bloodpoints. After reaching this, each event will reward 50 less blood points than the previous one, for a maximum of 4000 bloodpoints per game)
- Adjusted The Shape Stalker Scoring (100 bloodpoints for each point stalked from a survivor, with each survivor having up to 10 stalking points, for a maximum of 4000 bloodpoints per game)
- Redesigned the "Small Game" perk to work in a similar fashion as "Premonition" (emits a warning sound when looking at a trap or a totem, within a range of 45 degrees)
- Reduced the time it takes for Killers to vault windows
- Revisited the level-design of infinite spots in various maps (attempting to break fix infinites in the direction where fast-vaulting is not supported)
- Survivor dying bleedout now keeps on progressing while in the Kill Interaction (Memento Mori)
- The Nurse carry speed was slightly increased to match that of other killers
- The Wraith now starts the match cloaked
- Fixed an issue causing achievements relating to teachable perks to not unlock if bought in the Shrine of Secrets
- Fixed an issue causing characters to disappear from offline lobby after accessing the credits
- Fixed an issue causing characters to possibly appear as fully white in lobbies
- Fixed an issue causing Decisive Strike to be lost if attempted while being dropped
- Fixed an issue causing Decisive Strike to not be lost if attempted but failed for overshooting the skill check
- Fixed an issue causing generators pistons to stop animating if a survivor leaves a generator after failing a skill check
- Fixed an issue causing Laurie & Nea to sound echo when screaming on the hook
- Fixed an issue causing spectators to see HUD Perks for other players at level 1 instead of their proper level (it was currently displaying the spectator’s perk level instead)
- Fixed an issue causing survivors to display as disconnected on the Tally screen if they quit the game while in spectate
- Fixed an issue causing the "Dying Light" perk to trigger when the obsession escaped the level
- Fixed an issue causing the "Glass Fragment", "Reflective Fragment" & "Mirror Shards" add-ons to not display outlines
- Fixed an issue causing the Bloodpoint Icon to remain on screen after purchasing a perk from the Shrine of Secrets
- Fixed an issue causing the Lobby to transition into a game with only 3 Survivors if the fourth Survivor would leave while all the others are readied-up
- Fixed an issue causing the luck trait to reduce the number of skill checks a survivor would trigger
- Fixed an issue causing the Stalking Effect from The Shape to remain on the screen when transitioning to the Tally Screen
- Fixed an issue causing the stillness crows to still circle the survivor when carried by the killer
- Fixed an issue making it impossible for The Nurse to blink inside certain houses in Haddonfield
- Fixed an issue making it possible for a killer to interrupt a survivor from a different height
- Fixed an issue making it possible for players to get trapped inside a pallet
- Fixed an issue making it possible for the Wraith to remain cloaked on certain clients while being uncloaked on the server
- Fixed an issue making it possible to buy the same teachable perk multiple times from the Shrine of Secrets
- Fixed an issue making it possible to equip add-ons for a different type of items if changing tabs (to add-ons) during the animation of changing the page (from another section)
- Fixed an issue making it possible to see offering tooltips before they are revealed
- Fixed various gameplay & animation issues with the hook (large revamp of how the hook is handled)
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Added the “Thrill of the Hunt” Killer Perk
- Content - Added a new location (Backwater Swamp)
- Content - Added a new map for Backwater Swamp (The Pale Rose)
- Content - Added a new offering that allows to play as The Hag (appears on bloodwebs if you do not own the associated DLC)
- Fixed an issue causing Perk Tooltips to not display on the Tally Screen
- Fixed an issue causing survivors to get stuck in the unhook position when interrupted during the unhook interaction
- Fixed an issue causing Teachable Perks to not appear in Prestige bloodwebs (event when they weren’t bought in normal bloodwebs)
- Fixed an issue causing the blood web popups to appear underneath the sidebar buttons
- Fixed an issue causing the Exit Entity blocker to not appear from the point of view of the Killer & Spectator
- Fixed an issue causing the Report Button to refresh improperly when navigating between Spectate mode and the Tally Screen
- Fixed an issue making it impossible to click the right-hand side button of setting sliders
- Fixed an issue causing all Achievements to not register properly
- Fixed an issue causing the Nurse and Survivors to get stuck after an interruption to a pallet vault
- Fixed an issue causing the All Aboard Achievement to not unlock
|BUGFIXES & BALANCING
- Adjusted “deafening” sound effect of the “Disfigured Ear” Hag Add-On
- Dull Totem outlines are not displayed from the POV of the Killer (only Hex totems are)
- Dying survivors do not trigger Phantasm Traps
- Progress of the cleanse totem interactions is resets if the Survivor doesn’t complete it in a single interaction
- Rebalanced all flashlight values that related to the blinding of killers (“flashlight beam effects against the killer”)
- Fixed an issue causing killer stun durations to not be properly applied (causing Hag’s stun to be shorter than desired, and others to be longer than desired)
- Fixed an issue causing the “Hex: Third Seal” perk’s tokens to still be awarded after the associated totem has been cleansed
- Fixed an issue causing the progression of the cleanse totem interaction to not reset properly if already at 99% and then get hit by a killer
- Fixed an issue making it impossible to destroy Hag’s Trap with a Flashlight if the Hag was too far away or not looking in the direction of the trap
- Fixed some issues that could cause loading into a game to last indefinitely
- Fixed an issue causing Killers to vault slower in one of the two directions
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Added the display of the Player ID in the settings screen (for Customer Support)
- Added support for a double blood points weekend from December 23rd to December 27th
- Added an error message when the game is about to write save data with regressed progress (should display a message instead of overriding the save game)
- Fixed an issue causing Adept & Prestige related achievements to not be properly awarded when launching the game if the requirements are already met
- Fixed an issue making it impossible for the Nurse to blink on the ground around the large boat in the Pale Rose map
- Fixed an issue making it possible to gain progress on the Hag’s Rite of Flesh and Mud Daily Ritual by hitting a hooked camper
- Fixed an issue causing the burn progression to not display properly on the Nurse alternate outfit
- Fixed an issue making it possible to prestige characters sub level 50
- Fixed multiple issues making it possible to assign powers, items, perks & customization to invalid slots or characters.
- Added Lunar New Year Shirt for Claudette, Dwight, Jake & Meg
- Added support & translation for Traditional Chinese
- Integrated revised translation for Simplified Chinese
- Adjusted reporting of analytics for save game writing failures
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Added new game options to the owner of a Kill Your Friends Lobby (map selection & enabling of perks, items / add-ons, offerings and DLC killers)
- Added support and translation for Brazilian Portuguese
- Added support to change roles in Kill Your Friends lobbies (killer, survivor or spectator)
- Added the "Chinese Firecracker" item
- Integrated an updated version of the Unreal Engine (4.13)
- Kill Your Friends mode now allows all players to access every item, add-on, perk & offering (not tied to the player profile anymore)
- The entity has granted its killers the power to damage generators that have been partially repaired
- Added additional links to the bloodweb to make sure a player can reach any specific node before the Entity starts consuming nodes
- Added the ability for the "Hex: The Third Seal" perk to affect the aura reading ability of maps
- Adjusted hatch interaction allowing survivors to escape from all angles
- Adjusted paradise lighting, all maps lighting and light affecting offerings
- Adjusted spawning rules to increase the initial distance between survivors & totems
- Adjusted the "Unrelenting" killer perk to not have a cooldown on successful attacks and increased the cooldown bonus on missed attacks on lower tiers
- Adjusted the number of hooks and pallets that can spawn in The Pale Rose
- Adjusted the number of pallets that can spawn in the Autohaven Wreckers maps
- Adjusted the size of the survivors hitbox for the killer attack detection
- Generator repair skill checks triggered while under the effect of "Hex: Ruin" perk now grant new score events
- Hag: Added a screenspace effect on the killer's screen when in teleportation range of an active trap.
- Hag: Trap outlines are now revealed to survivors when illuminated with a Flashlight
- Hillbilly: Chainsaw charges can no longer be interrupted by flashlight blinds
- Made it impossible to place bear traps on top of the hatch
- Modified "Object of Obsession" to be affected by the "Sole Survivor" perk. The aura reading reduction applies only to the active zone between the killer's terror radius and the maximum range of the perk
- Modified placement of totems on Haddonfield
- Modified the "Decisive Strike" perk (the automatic skill check only applies to the obsession; non-obsession survivors will get a skill-check after filling up the wiggle meter to a certain point)
- Survivors are now immune to bear traps while unhooking themselves from the hook
- Updated the Flashlight's light cone FX to facilitate aiming
- Fixed an issue causing Claudette's customization option "The Orange Smhock" to not display properly during a match
- Fixed an issue causing Hag traps to be immune to the flashlight if placed under a hooked survivor
- Fixed an issue causing a chest to spawn improperly between an outer wall and hook in The Pale Rose
- Fixed an issue causing a hooked survivor to die without the chance to struggle if the unhooking survivor would get interrupted
- Fixed an issue causing a survivor to receive full repair & coop points while repairing a generator if the last required generator is repaired by another survivor simultaneously
- Fixed an issue causing bear traps to appear under the ground past the exit gate and inside the foundry building in "Ironworks of Misery"
- Fixed an issue causing fireflies FX to not display in the Backwater Swamp
- Fixed an issue causing killers to get stuck in a door frame on the 2nd floor of the foundry building in "Ironworks of Misery"
- Fixed an issue causing partially used item energy bars to appear full when swapped or dropped
- Fixed an issue causing players to see the "Open Hatch" interaction when holding a key even with the hatch being invisible
- Fixed an issue causing some completed daily rituals texts to be cut off on the tally screen
- Fixed an issue causing survivor and The Nurse getting stuck in between certain walls in The Asylum
- Fixed an issue causing survivors to be able to interact while being picked up by the killer
- Fixed an issue causing survivors to get stuck in the ground when getting free from The Nurse's grasp by any means
- Fixed an issue causing survivors to receive the "Reunited" scoring event when approaching a dead survivor
- Fixed an issue causing survivors to warp at the end of the Hag Memento Mori's interaction
- Fixed an issue causing the "Ready" & "Unready" buttons inside a lobby to become inverted when repeatedly clicked
- Fixed an issue causing the "Splinter" offerings to spawn the killer with the power of the currently selected killer instead of the killer associated with the offering
- Fixed an issue causing the Hag "Half Eggshell" add-on to display the wrong UI icon
- Fixed an issue causing the Hag to not receive a loud noise notification when a trap is triggered while using the "rusty shackles" add-on
- Fixed an issue causing the Hag's traps to not produce a loud noise notification when getting destroyed with a flashlight
- Fixed an issue causing the Hillbilly to hit an invisible collision when revving his chainsaw next to a hook
- Fixed an issue causing the Wraith's bell to appear after being stunned
- Fixed an issue causing the effects of the mist thickening offerings to be invisible to spectators
- Fixed an issue causing the hatch escape score to be awarded multiple times if a survivor repeatedly attempts the interaction
- Fixed an issue causing the host to crash when attempting to slash a survivor going into a locker while carrying another survivor on their shoulder
- Fixed an issue causing the host to crash when loading into The Pale Rose map with an AMD graphics card
- Fixed an issue causing the offering "Muddy Splinter" offering to appear in the bloodweb even if a the player would own the DLC "Of Flesh and Mud"
- Fixed an issue causing the perk "Balanced Landing" to trigger on other survivor's falls
- Fixed an issue causing the perk "Balanced Landing" to trigger without providing the speed bonus and stagger reduction to the survivor
- Fixed an issue causing the perk "Decisive Strike" to continue triggering skill checks (which would provide no effect) after the perk had been used
- Fixed an issue causing the perk "Hex: Devour Hope" to not grant a token for an unhook if the killer is too close to another hooked survivor (other than the one being unhooked)
- Fixed an issue causing the perk "Hex: The Third Seal" to potentially remain active after its hex totem has been cleansed
- Fixed an issue causing the perk "Spies from the Shadows" to not trigger notifications when crows are startled
- Fixed an issue causing the perk "Streetwise" to provide a smaller decrease in energy usage at level 3 (was 13% instead of 15%)
- Fixed an issue making it impossible for the Hag to place traps while going down a slope
- Fixed an issue making it impossible for the Trapper to pick up a survivor in a bear trap while he attempts to escape
- Fixed an issue making it possible for a hooked survivor to be stuck and not bleed out if getting hooked while the hook is getting sabotaged
- Fixed an issue making it possible for a hooked survivor to be stuck and not bleed out if multiple survivors were sacrificed simultaneously
- Fixed an issue making it possible for a killer to pick-up a crawling survivor at the exit gate after the survivor has exited
- Fixed an issue making it possible for a survivor to exit through the hatch during a Memento Mori kill
- Fixed an issue making traps immune to the flashlight depending on the Hag's orientation & position relative to the survivor
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to trigger activated abilities of add-ons attached to items spawned in chests (see perk "Ace in the Hole" and add-ons "Styptic Agent" & "Anti-Hemorrhagic Syringe)
- Fixed some issues causing perks to display improperly in the HUD while spectating other players
- Fixed some issues causing players to get stuck on a game logo screen while attempting to join a lobby
- Fixed some issues causing survivors to lose pips if the killer disconnects
- Fixed some issues causing the Nurse to be unable to blink in certain sections of The Pale Rose map
- Fixed various totem placements in various maps that made them impossible to cleanse
- Fixed a frequent crash that could happen upon leaving a lobby as a survivor
- Fixed a server crash that could happen upon a survivor leaving or disconnecting during a match
- Fixed an issue causing interaction progress bars to fill in a clunky manner
- Re-exposed most user settings under the Engine category
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Content – Added a new map for Autohaven Wreckers (Gas Heaven)
- Adjusted the bloodweb generation’s perk selection to equalize the change of obtaining perks of all rarities
- Fixed an issue causing APEX enabled clothing to remain fully visible during sacrifice (instead of becoming transparent)
- Fixed an issue causing the “Decisive Strike” perk to not trigger if a killer would drop a survivor just before the 25% mark and pick him back up
- Fixed an issue causing the moon to render on top of level geometry in the Asylum
- Re-adjusted the audio occlusion levels
- Fixed a potential crash when a player would exit the game process inside a lobby
- Fixed a potential crash when a survivor selected as the killer’s obsession would leave before to the intro sequence
- Fixed an issue causing a killer to receive objective points when damaging a generator while a survivor is repairing it
- Fixed an issue causing the sound of generator pistons to stop or restart when moving the camera
- Fixed an issue that could cause an infinite loading screen while transitioning to a game
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Added a full set of customization for Claudette (as Rochelle from Left 4 Dead 2)
- Added a full set of customization for Dwight (as Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2)
- Added a full set of customization for Jake (as Francis from Left 4 Dead)
- Added a full set of customization for Meg (as Zoey from Left 4 Dead)
- New Survivor Character Available (William "Bill" Overbeck)
- Fixed an issue causing Killers to be unable to do a totem interrupt
- Fixed an issue causing Killers to lose pips if all survivors leave the game while loading into the match
- Fixed an issue causing a kill your friends spectator to be unable to see The Nurse's blink marker when using the "Plaid Flannel" add-on
- Fixed an issue causing a kill your friends spectator to see an extra survivor tick (UI Marker) for themselves when switching roles
- Fixed an issue causing an impassable area between car pile and crane landmark in the "Gas Heaven" map
- Fixed an issue causing some players to be stuck with an empty Shrine of Secrets that would only refresh in a very large number of days
- Fixed an issue causing survivors wrists to twist unnaturally when opening a chest
- Fixed an issue causing the "Sprint Burst" perk to activate while crouching or in crawl state
- Fixed an issue causing the Nurse to be unable to blink into the basement in the "Gas Heaven" map
- Fixed an issue causing the Wraith to have no terror radius when spamming the Cloak button
- Fixed an issue causing the hatch to sometimes spawn in an inaccessible location in the "Backwater Swamp" map
- Fixed an issue causing the map item to show fully repaired generator highlights when used
- Fixed an issue causing the map item to show sabotaged bear trap highlights when used
- Fixed an issue causing the mist to appear black in the "Backwater Swamp" map when a fog offering is used
- Fixed an issue causing the spark VFX from damaging generators to persist after a survivor repairs it with a toolbox
- Fixed an issue causing the spark VFX from damaging generators to remain after all generators are completed
- Fixed an issue causing the status effect icons not to appear in the HUD for spectator
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Nurse to get points when hitting hooked survivors after a Blink
- Fixed the probability of a certain chest spawning in the "Gas Heaven" map
- Fixed an issue causing "Borrowed Time" to not activate when a healthy survivor would get hit with a double-damage attack (Chainsaw, Tier 3 Evil Within). The intent is that the survivor should lose a health state right away (into injured), and the bleedout timer should activate.
- Fixed an issue causing L4D related content to appear as placeholder in languages other than english (currently forced to english until localization is completed)
- Fixed an issue causing the "Borrowed Time" bleedout timer to remain active if the survivor would use the instant-heal interaction from the "Anti-hemorrhagic Syringe" add-on
- Fixed an issue causing the "Borrowed Time" bleedout timer to remain active if the survivor would walk into a bear trap
- Fixed an issue causing the server to potentially crash if a survivor would use an instant-heal interaction while the "Borrowed Time" bleedout timer is in effect
- Integrated additional analytics to track matchmaking, lobby joining & connectivity issues
- Fixed an issue causing a crash when disconnecting from the server after Borrowed Time was triggered and the cooldown was expired.
- Integrated localized texts for the new Left Behind content (all languages except Brazilian Portuguese)
- Fixed an issue causing some analytic reports to get ignored by the backend
- Integrated additional analytics for Survive With Friends Matchmaking
- Fixed an issue causing the "Borrowed Time" perk bleed-out timer to never end if the survivor wielding the perk would get hit twice with a double-damage attack
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when searching for a lobby in Survive with Friends
- Minor improvements to Survive with Friends Matchmaking (ignore servers for which a connection was already attempted and failed, sequentially attempt to join each search result before making a new search)
- Added Shrine of Secrets content for this week
- Added support for a Blood Hunt this weekend
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Added a new info Status Effect display in the HUD
- Added a set of black Left Behind shirts (torso customization) for Dwight, Jake, Meg, Claudette & Nea (available if the player is a member of the Dead by Daylight community on Steam)
- Added controller support in the menus
- Added localization support for the Korean & Japanese Languages
- Added the Bloodlust Mechanic (increased speed for killers during chases)
- Adjusted Hag Trap activation. Will no longer trigger when crouching
- Adjusted rarities for some perks and rarity probabilities for perks selection in the bloodweb
- Adjusted the audio occlusion levels of multiple objects
- Adjusted the effect of light affecting offerings
- Adjusted the radius of the circle at which the crows fly around still survivors
- Changed "Bitter Murmur" perk. Changed reveal values from 2/4/6 to 5/7/9. This perk currently ranks as one of the lowest usage rates amongst killer perks, we are testing an increase in reveal time to see if this perk's usage rates increase.
- Changed "Iron Grasp" perk. In light of the Sabotage and hook repair implementations, we have changed Iron Grasp's values to their old values. Struggling is reduced by 25/50/75% changed from 20/40/60%. Time to struggle out of the killers grasp is increased by 4/8/12% instead of 15/27/36%. As noticed the numbers have been much higher for a while, this was due to Killers not having enough access to hooks on the map. The Auto Hook Repair mechanic should allow for smaller Iron Grasp numbers.
- Changed Dull Totem cleanse scoring value from 400 - 600
- Changed Hex Totem cleanse scoring value from 800 - 1000
- Changed Sabotage of Hooks to be 15 seconds instead of 20
- Changed Totem cleansing time to 14 seconds from 10 seconds
- Changed skillcheck starting point from .25 to .33
- Changed the "Hex: Devour Hope" perk at level 3. Removed the repair generator penalty given at 1 token and replaced it with a speed boost at 2 tokens. The reason we changed the bonus from the token gain was due to the fact that the repair penalty was a dead giveaway that the killer had Devour Hope.
- Changed the "Hex: Thrill of the Hunt" perk. Removed condition that required a hook save for a token to be applied, instead tokens will be awarded for each remaining totem on the map. Additionally the killer will receive a notification when someone starts working on a hex totem.
- Changed the "Lightborn" & "Shadowborn" perks. These perks have changed to match the 1.4 engine update lighting. Modified the recovery time to a constant 50% for lightborn, light effectiveness has been reduced from 100% to 35% for both lightborn and shadowborn. Shadowborn gets you blinded at most 30% faster which is down from 50% and the time to recover from this condition was reduced from 75% to 50%.
- Changed the "No One Escapes Death" perk (now called "Hex: No One Escapes Death"). We've modified NOED to be a Hex based perk instead of having a 2 minute timer starting once the gates are powered. The Hex will be applied once the exit gates are powered as long as there is a dull totem still intact. Survivors will have an option to destroy the totem or try and open the door to escape.
- Changed the "Save The Best For Last" perk. Removed the flat successful and missed attack cooldowns from the perk and replaced them with a Successful attack cooldown that is triggered after chasing a survivor for 20 consecutive seconds.
- Changed the audio cue used when the "Small Game" perk gets triggered
- Changed the color of survivor auras in the effects of the perk "Bond". These auras were previously red, which generally indicates the survivor is in trouble. Changed the auras to yellow
- Changed the progression bar color to make the visibility of the progression more noticeable (ie repairing, unhooking, healing, etc)
- Decreased the penalty for failing a Sabotage action skill check from 25% to 10%. We believe the Sabotage fail skill check penalty was too extreme, we've reduced the fail skill check from 25% to 10% in addition to making the sabotage time for bear traps longer.
- Increased Exit Gate opening time from 15 seconds to 20 seconds. We've increased Generator and Exit Gate unlocking times by a 10 and 5 respectively in order to add more time overall to matches.
- Increased bear trap sabotage time from 8 to 16 seconds. We believe that sabotaging the Trappers traps/his power, was too easy, we've increased the time to sabotage as compensation.
- Increased generator total repair time from 70 seconds to 80 seconds. We've increased Generator and Exit Gate unlocking times by a 10 and 5 respectively in order to add more time overall to matches.
- Reduced the bear trap disarm time from 5 to 2.5 seconds. We've reduced the total time to disarm a trap, we believe that finding a trap should be the challenge, whereas once found disarming should be relatively fast.
- Removed hook sabotage score event once gates are powered
- Removed the ability for the Trapper to place bear traps under hooks. Traps under hooks have caused many issues for survivors trying to save their teammates and ended up with more frustration than fun. Traps can still be placed near the hook but there should always be enough room for the survivor to unhook their teammates without either survivor being trapped.
- Removed the possibility for the "Chinese Firecracker" item to spawn in chests or in the bloodweb
- Sabotaged hooks will now automatically repair after 180 seconds. This feature has been implemented to help combat the sabotage loop that results in slugging due to the killer having no hooks/ being too far from all the hooks.
- Some Character custom Items rarity value have been modified
- The "Adrenaline", "Balanced Landing" & "Sprint Burst" perks now use a shared cooldown for the activation of the speed boost (Exhausted Status Effect). Exhausted cooldown is paused while running. "Adrenaline" cause Exhausted Status Effect but is not impaired by the Status Effect.
- Trapper and The Hag trap place times have been reduced by 2 seconds overall. There is an initial trap placement time which took 2 seconds, then the trap would be set for 2-3 seconds followed by an out animation which would take another 2 seconds. We've reduced the out and the in animation times to 1 second each which should help trappers and hags place their traps more dynamically/ in chases and perhaps allow killers to mind game by fake placing a trap.
- Unhooking a Survivor with an Item underneath them has been made easier, unhooking has the priority. Picking up the item requires the Survivor to look directly at the item.
- Adjusted darkness levels around closed houses in Haddonfield
- Fixed Prestige Items not properly showing during the Prestige reward screen.
- Fixed a crash that could happen during the offering sequence
- Fixed a crash that could happen while The Shape would stalk survivors
- Fixed an issue causing "Left Behind" to affect all action speed rather than just repair speed
- Fixed an issue causing "Sprint Burst" to trigger during interactions if the survivor holds the "run" button
- Fixed an issue causing Killer powers and Memento Mori kills to not be usable when being a non host Killer in a Kill Your Friends lobby
- Fixed an issue causing Killer to get blinded during Memento Mori kills
- Fixed an issue causing killers to sometimes float instead of falling after vaulting a window higher than ground level
- Fixed an issue causing map selection offerings to have no effect in Kill Your Friends even with map option set to "all"
- Fixed an issue causing non-obsession survivors to not hear the audio cue when the obsession would get killed
- Fixed an issue causing perks to not display the appropriate color in the HUD for spectators
- Fixed an issue causing player(s) to be stuck on a pulsating logo screen when accepting/joining a private lobby
- Fixed an issue causing players under the effects of the perk "Borrowed Time" to not go into crawl state when being hit out of a bear trap
- Fixed an issue causing survivors not to get a delay after hitting a skill-check in the regression zone of the "Hex: Ruin" skill-check
- Fixed an issue causing survivors to animate backwards (moonwalk) when performing an action while using the flashlight
- Fixed an issue causing survivors to be unable to heal themselves with a medkit when standing too close to another player
- Fixed an issue causing survivors to potentially become stuck when rescuing another survivor from the hook while a bear trap is being placed
- Fixed an issue causing survivors to sometimes receive the "reunited" score event when escaping the level
- Fixed an issue causing the "No One Left Behind" achievement to unlock in invalid circumstances
- Fixed an issue causing the Killer to be unable to destroy a pallet from one side in the "Torment Creek" map
- Fixed an issue causing the Killer to be unable to destroy a pallet from one side in the "Wrecker's Yard" map
- Fixed an issue causing the Map item to display fully repaired generators
- Fixed an issue causing the Map item to display sabotaged bear trap highlights
- Fixed an issue causing the Map item to scout the bear trap held in the The Trapper's hand
- Fixed an issue causing the Shape's stalking screen effect to remain on screen for a spectator switching from the killer's point of view to a survivor's point of view
- Fixed an issue causing the audio from the Ferry Boat crows in "Backwater Swamp" to cut off
- Fixed an issue causing the description for The Shape's add-on "Vanity Mirror" to display the description for "Scratched Mirror"
- Fixed an issue causing the flashlight beam to display the old beam when spectating
- Fixed an issue causing the hook camera animation to continue on the Tally Screen if the killer would leave the match during the sacrifice sequence
- Fixed an issue causing the recover bar to be influenced by other players health bars and possible reset recover progress
- Fixed an issue preventing The Nurse from blinking through the crashed bus asset in the Junkyard maps
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible for the player to move the camera while cloaking or uncloaking with the Wraith
- Fixed an issue that made it possible for a killer to attempt an interrupt while carrying a survivor
- Fixed an issue that made the player camera partially stuck when loading in
- Fixed an issue where generator pistons wouldn't move if the exit gates were powered and the generator was untouched
- Fixed an issued causing "Unbreakable" to sometimes allow the owning survivor to recover more than once
- Optimized GPU usage for higher cost lights (killer red light, flashlight, cop car light in Haddonfield, neon light in Gas Heaven)
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Adjusted add-ons and perk slots to automatically change to the next slot when in the character Loadout
- Changed mouse cursor and adjusted mouse cursor speed in menus
- Moved "Settings & Controls", "Credits" and "Quit Game" buttons to the Main Menu
- Removed "Extras" from Main Menu
- Adjusted Exhaustion cooldown recovery speed to be half as fast when running and 133% faster when crouching
- Bloodlust - Changed decay from 10% a second to 20% a second effectively causing the decay to last a maximum of 5 seconds
- Bloodlust progression now resets after blinking (The Nurse) or after teleporting to a trap (The Hag)
- Removed bloodlust accumulation and speed boost while cloaked (The Wraith) or stalking (The Shape)
- Removed the bloodlust speed boost while attacking
- Fixed an issue allowing Killers to be able to equip any power
- Fixed an issue causing Spectate mode to freeze after switching roles in a KYF and Public lobby.
- Fixed an issue causing Unbreakable to get consumed before usage
- Fixed an issue causing survivor's recover bar to reset when they're picked up by the killer and dropped
- Fixed an issue causing the Halloween Trademark music not to play when loading into Haddonfield
- Fixed an issue causing the perk "Adrenaline" to trigger and cause Exhaustion when on the hook while the last generator is repaired. If hooked Adrenaline will now trigger once unhooked.
- Fixed an issue causing the perk "Borrowed Time" to appear as a placeholder perk instead of a status effect icon
- Fixed an issue causing the perk "Object of Obsession" not to show the Killer the survivor's aura under certain situations
- Fixed an issue making it impossible to dismiss the Disconnected from server message with a mouse and keyboard
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from being able to spectate in a KYF or public match
- Fixed the missing collision in the Blood Lodge map (Junkyard)
- Fixed typos in the main menu
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Content - Added a new location (Léry's Memorial Institute)
- Content - Added a new map for Léry's Memorial Institute (Treatment Theatre)
- Content - Added a new offering that allows to play as The Doctor (appears on bloodwebs if you do not own the associated DLC)
- Feature - Added a loading bar to the loading screen
- Feature - Added a new screen when opening the Settings menu in game. This features every survivor in game with their full Steam IDs and their selected survivor. Clicking on a player will bring up their Steam profile
- Feature - Added a new sound effect when opening exit gates
- Feature - Added a saving/loading icon at the top right of the screen. This icon indicates that the game is processing something, so don't close it!
- Feature - Adjusted character limit for player Steam names in the game HUD. Now includes an ellipses (...) to indicate additional characters not seen
- Feature - Adjusted the color of positive status effects. Was blue and is now yellow
- Localization - Integrated community translated Japanese texts
- Adjusted the maze wall distribution in Asylum, Fractured Cowshed, Torment Creek and Rancid Abattoir
- Adjusted the window spawning on a house in Haddonfield
- Adjusted pallet placements
- Fixed a typo in The Hillbilly's add-on "Speed Limiter"
- Fixed an issue allowing players to visually select all perks in their inventory
- Fixed an issue causing an impassable gap between car stacks in Gas Heaven
- Fixed an issue causing Player IDs in the Setting menu to not appear with a private Steam profile
- Fixed an issue causing small bushes in Haddonfield to spawn between fence gaps
- Fixed an issue causing the effects from the perk "Adrenaline" not to properly trigger when caught in a bear trap
- Fixed an issue causing the effects from the perk "Adrenaline" to not properly trigger when dropped from the killers shoulder
- Fixed an issue causing the effects from the perk "Adrenaline" to trigger when the killer performs their Memento Mori
- Fixed an issue causing the effects of the perk "Hex: Devour Hope" to remain after the associated totem was destroyed
- Fixed an issue causing the hatch to spawn in an inaccessible location in Suffocation Pit
- Fixed an issue causing the perk "Hex: Devour Hope" to be non functional in a KYF for a killer who was not the host
- Fixed an issue causing the perk "Hex: Ruin" icon to appear in the HUD at the start of the match. Now the icon will appear when starting to repair a generator
- Fixed an issue causing the scratch marks not appearing in The Asylum
- Fixed an issue causing the title to crash when exiting the game
- Fixed the collision on Asylum walls and debris assets
- Adjusted the conditions in which survivors were allowed to escape the level (tentatively fixes issues where survivors would remain in the game past the exit gate)
- Fixed an issue allowing players to equip more than one of the same add-on
- Fixed an issue causing a survivor to die instantaneously when hooked if another survivor had previously disconnected while on the same hook
- Fixed an issue causing the "Hex: Thrill of the Hunt" perk to not slow down the Cleanse Totem interaction
- Fixed an issue causing the Shock, Black & Muddy Splinter offerings to have no effect
- Fixed an issue making it impossible for The Nurse to blink anywhere in the shock therapy room in Treatment Theatre if the basement was in it
- Fixed an issue making it possible for the Doctor to hit an injured survivor outside of his power radius
- Fixed an issue that could cause a survivor in a Kill Your Friends party to get stuck on a loading screen while transitionning back from the lobby
- Fixed some frequent crashes that could happen during gameplay
- Reduced extreme texture memory usage when loading into "Lery's Memorial Institute" which is believed to cause crashes.
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Added support for a double bloodpoints weekend from May 19th to May 23rd
- "Snap Out Of It" duration increased from 8 seconds to 12 seconds
- All shock therapy zones have had their hitbox heights adjusted to better hit survivors at different elevations
- Doctor add-on "Moldy Electrode" charge speed penalty reduced to 10%
- Doctor add-on "High Stimulus Electrode" charge speed penalty reduced to 30%
- Doctor add-on "Order: Carter's Notes" special skill check chance increased to 100%
- Doctor add-on "Order: Class I" special skill check chance increased to 25%
- Doctor add-on "Order: Class II" special skill check chance increased to 50%
- Doctor add-on "Polished Electrode" charge speed penalty reduced to 20%
- Increased the default shock therapy attack range by 20%
- Increased The Doctor's movement speed in Treatment Stance from 4.3 m/s to 4.4 m/s
- Shared Hallucination aura color has been changed
- Shared Hallucination auras are revealed to The Doctor in Madness III
- "Order" Add-on Special Skill Check Chance Increase: The chance of triggering this affliction was too small to make these add-ons an appealing choice. We have increased these numbers significantly in order to make its effects more noticeable and hopefully make it a more satisfying experience.
- Changed Shared Hallucination Aura Color: The shared hallucination's aura colour was flashy, but not very fitting. It has been changed from "Notice Me!" Hot Pink to "I Indicate An Ally" Yellow.
- Electrode Add-on Charge Time Penalty: We found the penalty to the charge time of Shock Therapy made these add-ons less fun to use so we have significantly decreased them. These add-ons should be more pleasant to use now!
- Improving The Doctor's Base Kit: We have heard from players that The Doctor is too reliant on add-ons, and they would like to see improvements to his base abilities. We agree! Today's patch includes a change to the Shared Hallucination affliction to make its aura visible in Madness III by default to increase the incentive for driving survivors mad without relying on add-ons. Future updates to The Doctor will likely include new afflictions and changes to his base abilities.
- Increase "Snap Out Of It" Charge Time: "Snap Out Of It" should feel like more than just a minor inconvenience. We have increased the time required by 4 seconds to give the killer more time to counter this action.
- Movement Speed Increase in Treatment Stance: We have slightly increased The Doctor's movement speed in Treatment Stance to match that of The Hag. This change increases the consistency of movement speed across different killers, and gives the Doctor more mobility to land Shock Therapy attacks or patrol the level.
- Shock Therapy Zone Adjustments: It seems very natural to chase a survivor and shock them as they run away. The default shock therapy zone was too small to do this reliably, so we have increased its range. Furthermore, it was very difficult to hit survivors on slopes or stairs; the hit detection zone has had its height adjusted to better handle these situations.
- Fixed an issue with a locker in the hospital bathroom that could make it impossible for a killer to open while occupied by a survivor
- Reworked Doctor texts to be clearer
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Added the ability for developers to change the active Matchmaking Systems (Steam to Dead by Daylight Services and the other way around). This is toggled using a switch in the Dead by Daylight Services, and applies to all players at the same time. (The players won't be able to switch from one service to the other on their own.)
- Integrated Shrine of Secrets content for this week
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Added the ability for the KYF Match Manager to toggle whether join permissions are limited to friends only or not.
- Added the ability to view Items, the Killer Power and Add-ons on the score board at the end of the match
- Added the Proficiency System. The Proficiency System helps the player know how the different gameplay elements (e.g. their own or other players' perks, offerings, add-ons) affect their performance at the interaction they are currently performing. Proficiency icons will appear for:
- Chance: Displays if the player has a better or worse chance at succeeding the performed action (only valid for actions that can fail, e.g. escaping a trap or a hook)
- Efficiency: Displays if the player's Item Usage depletes slower or faster than usual
- Progression Speed: Displays if the Action Progression Speed is slower or faster than usual
- Skill Check Difficulty: Only displays after the first Skill check, and indicates if the Skill Check is easier or harder to succeed
- Skill Check Probability: Only displays after the first Skill check, and indicates if Skill Checks happen more or less frequently than usual
- Adjusted the color of the interaction bar when using perks, items or add-ons to properly reflect if there is a positive(yellow) or negative(red) speed effect
- Adjusted the controller cursor speed and stickiness
- Adjusted the font size of player steam names in the HUD. Font was reduced to compensate for names cutting off
- Adjustements to various survivor & killer animations (killer attack camera movement, hooking, survivor carry, open exit, window vault)
- Implemented a character info screen. This screen features each characters unique perks and their character biography
- Implemented a new Help & Tutorials section
- Implemented tooltips on the loading screen
- Integrated additional status effects and modified some existing effects to use the new Proficiency system (see below). The current status effects are:
- Blindness: Character’s vision is impaired.
- Bloodlust: Killers gain bloodlust by maintaining a chase for at least 15 seconds. Bloodlust increases the Killer's movement speed
- Cursed: The Survivor is suffering from a secret penalty due to a Hex Perk. Cleansing its Hex Totem will dispel the curse.
- Endurance: The Survivor is hardened, and can resist a hit.
- Exhausted: The Survivor cannot performs physically demanding feats of speed from perks such as Sprint Burst, Balanced Landing or Lithe.
- Exposed: The Survivor is in peril and can be downed in one hit. (Will not show on chainsaw hit)
- Haste: The character's movement speed is increased.
- Hemorrhage: The Survivor gushes blood, making them easier to track.
- Hindered: The character's movement speed is decreased.
- Madness: The Survivor suffers various mental afflictions including hallucinations and uncontrollable screaming.
- Mangled: The Survivor is heavily injured and requires more time to be fully healed.
- The charge meter for items now changes colour when it is being positively or negatively affected. Red for negative affects (charge is depleted quickly) and yellow for positive affects (charge is depleted slowly)
- Hex: Thrill of the Hunt Perk change: Changed values for blood points granted for hunting by 4%/6%/8% to 6%/8%/10%. Changed cleanse time from 4/7/10 to 4/5/6. The increased cleansing time was too high for what we wanted Thrill of the Hunt to do, we've reduced it to more manageable numbers.
- Open Handed perk change: Now affects teammates by increasing aura reading ranges by 4/6/8 meter range.
- Quick & Quiet perk change: Added a cooldown every 30/25/20 seconds.
- Removed Offerings which gives players addition Bloodpoints from the Kill Your Friends Inventory
- Fixed an issue allowing players to equip 2 of the same add-ons in the Load-out
- Fixed an issue causing infinite loading with a specific item
- Fixed an issue causing Killers not to get an auditory/visual warning of certain interactions done by Survivors with Quick & Quiet equipped
- Fixed an issue causing Killers to get stuck in a corner next to the Foundry in Ironworks of Misery
- Fixed an issue causing Killers to not drop the non-Obsessed Survivors when succeeding a skill check with the perk Decisive Strike
- Fixed an issue causing Killers to not get the "Destruction" score event when breaking Pallets
- Fixed an issue causing placed bear traps to sink underneath the ground in Farm themed maps
- Fixed an issue causing Survivors to be unable to interact with certain Hooks in Treatment Theatre
- Fixed an issue causing Survivors not to escape when opening the Exit Gates
- Fixed an issue causing The Doctor's prestige outfit not to appear properly in game
- Fixed an issue causing the item inventory to display 3/2 when selecting a perk from the 3rd page
- Fixed an issue causing the Killer to be unable to use a hook with a chest spawned next to it in Rancid Abattoir
- Fixed an issue causing the Killers camera to clip through walls and lockers when the area was struck
- Fixed an issue causing the perk Borrowed Time to trigger when being grabbed out of a Locker
- Fixed an issue causing the items to be lost when using the offering White Ward and the add-on Weaved Ring
- Fixed various issues with the terrain. Tiles should no longer be visible or have collisions preventing players from going from one to the other. These fixes have been applied to Industrial, Farm and Junkyard themed maps
- Update for Quick & Quiet, we didn't just add a cooldown to Quick and Quiet but rather we've added the much asked for Quiet aspect to our Quick and Quiet.
- Quick and Quiet will now reduce audio and noise notification range by 100% instead of just noise notification range by 90%.
- The cooldown was added as we felt like 100% Quick and Quiet is very strong even with a cooldown of 20 seconds.
- Whispers change was made because we heard that it was too subtle for players. We tried something with the new audio, we'll see how you guys like it or not and gather that information and revise what we do with the audio!
- Disabled an unfinished Hag Customization set which was released earlier than planned (will be completed and eventually re-released)
- Fixed an issue in Survive With Friends causing the match search to stop automatically if a game was not found
- Fixed the "Item of Obsession" achievement not unlocking properly
- Fixed the "Vulture" achievement not unlocking properly
- Removed 5 customization items (2 Meg, 2 Claudette, 1 Jake) which were wrongfully assigned to the Head Case DLC
- Removed empty pages at the end of the Survivor Guides section
- The sound that plays when the "Whispers" perk is triggered was changed to what it used to be (pre-1.5.2)
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Adjusted the "We'll Make It" perk text, specified that the healing boost works just on others and not on yourself as well. (English only)
- Fixed an issue causing a camera pop as a Killer after playing the attack miss animation.
- Fixed an issue causing a Hillbilly Chainsaw Attack with both the "Begrimed Chains" & "Rusted Chains" add-ons equipped to increase survivor healing time to 30 minutes (using both Add-ons should now cause healing to be slowed-down by 4)
- Fixed an issue causing survivors to not receive any points after an Insane Skill Check
- Fixed an issue causing the audio when rushing in Lockers and over Pallets to persist with the perk Quick & Quiet equipped
- Fixed an issue causing the Deerstalker perk to display survivor's outlines after they have escaped the level
- Fixed an issue causing the flashlight to have no effect in a Kill Your Friends game if the host of the lobby is far away from the survivor activating the flashlight
- Fixed an issue causing the Hillbilly's weapon to be higher than intended in the screen (should be in the lower portion of the right part of the screen instead of the full right portion of the screen)
- Fixed an issue causing the perk Quick & Quiet not to have a cooldown when rushing out of a locker
- Fixed an issue causing the perk Thanatophobia to stay active after a survivor was sacrificed or killed and remained in the tally screen or spectate
- Fixed an issue making it impossible for the Nurse to blink on the ground around certain buildings in "The Macmillan Estate" & "Crotus Prenn Asylum" (Foundry, Mine & Asylum)
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Content - Added a new map for The MacMillan Estate (Groaning Storehouse)
- Content - Added icons to the Anniversary customizations (Dwearder, Old-School Windbreaker, Old Man Jake, Classic Sleeveless, Red-Trim Leather Hoodie, Marked Bolo Machete, Marked Bloodlust Axe, Marked Spike Maul, Marked Bridal Saw and Iron Chuckles)
- Content - Re-enabled the 25% and 50% single category point offerings for Killers and Survivors back into the Bloodweb
- Adjusted the perk "Alert" to display the Killers aura for 6 seconds (up from 3) - Updated perk description in English only
- Adjusted the collision boxes on various assets in Léry's Memorial Institute that blocked the Killers slashes and The Hillbilly's chainsaw
- Fixed a typo in the offering Bloody Party Streamers description
- Fixed an issue making it impossible for the Nurse to blink on Haddonfield exit tiles
- Fixed an issue that could cause the survivor to become stuck in place when failing to vault a window
- Fixed a typo in the perk Quick & Quiet description
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Feature - New Killer Win / Lose Condition: Prior to patch 1.5.3 Killer win conditions were determined through point gain: less than 7000 bloodpoints gained in a match resulted in losing 1 rank pip, 7000 to 9999 was considered a tie with no rank pips lost, 10,000 to 19,999 was considered a win granting 1 rank pip and finally 20,000 granted 2 rank pips. Unfortunately this did not satisfy most Killers as it does not directly reflect the amount of killing/hooking done in a match. As of patch 1.5.3 our Killer win/lose conditions change to reflect our Killers' visceral game play. Killers need to score Killer Goals to satisfy the entity.
For details: Victory Cube Changes
- Four "post-exit" altruism score events have had their values increased by 25%:
- "Post Exit: Heal" - Heal a Survivor after the exit gates have been powered: 500 altruism points (up from 400)
- "Post Exit: Assist" - Get in range of a Survivor who is in need after the exit gates have been powered: 315 altruism points (up from 250)
- "Post Exit: Trap Rescue" - Save a Survivor from a bear trap after the exit gates have been powered: 1250 altruism points (up from 1000)
- "Post Exit: Hook Rescue" - Save a Survivor from a hook after the exit gates have been powered: 1875 altruism points (up from 1500)
- Killers can now see the auras of hooks on which Survivors are being sacrificed
- Old score events have been re-implemented with new diminishing returns and/or hard caps:
- "Bold" - Exiting a locker while in the Killer's proximity: 50 boldness points
- Reworked the toolbox add-on "Brand New Part": Brand New Part replaces the "Toolbox Repair" interaction with "Install Brand New Part". This interaction will trigger constant skill checks with large progress rewards. When the interaction ends for any reason, the toolbox is consumed
- Sacrifice scoring has been reworked:
- 500 points for hooking a survivor - Scoring Event: Hooked
- 200 points for beginning the summoning phase - Scoring Event: Hooked
- 200 points for beginning the struggle phase - Scoring Event: Entity Summoned
- 200 points for a successful sacrifice - Scoring Event: Sacrifice Completed
- The offerings "Ivory Memento Mori" and "Ebony Memento Mori" now require a Survivor to have been hooked at least once before they can be killed.
- The summoning phase and struggle phase of the sacrifice sequence have each had their duration increased to 60 seconds (up from 45).
- Two existing score events have had their values adjusted:
- "Map Scout" - Adding an object to the map: 150 objective points (up from 50)
- "Hex: Ruin Skill Check" - Succeed a skill check affected by Hex: Ruin: 150 objective points (up from 50)
- Added missing Teachable perks in Killer tooltips
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Character Info screen to open when pressing the right arrow key
- Fixed redundant text in The Hillbilly's Teachable perk "Lightborn"
- Fixed an issue causing survivors sometimes to receive a "No Network Connection" error when searching for a game in a Survive with Friends lobby
- Adjusted matchmaking logic for Survivor to ignore ranks after waiting for more than 90 seconds (after 90 seconds of waiting, as a survivor, the game will attempt to join any lobby available)
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Content - Added a new Killer (The Huntress)
- Content - Added a new location (Red Forest)
- Content - Added a new map for Red Forest (Mother's Dwelling)
- Content - Added a new Survivor (David King)
- Feature - Adjusted the perk display in the in game HUD to more clearly show perks from other players.
- Feature - Changed the position of the lobby messages so they're more visible and have less overlap with other UI elements.
- Fixed an animation de-sync when Killers picked up a crawling Survivor as they were falling.
- Fixed an issue causing clients to lose their items and add-ons when the host leaves the match. (Please note this only includes when pressing "Leave". Pulling Ethernet cable is a separate issue).
- Fixed an issue causing players to be prompted with "Cannot start with X Killers" after switching roles in a KYF lobby.
- Fixed an issue causing Survivors to be able to repair the generator in the lodge from below the porch in the Blood Lodge map.
- Fixed an issue causing Survivors to snap into the hook sabotage animation.
- Fixed an issue causing Survivors to snap to the hook when attempting to sabotage from a distance.
- Fixed an issue causing the camera to sometimes clip through The Shape's mask when attacking.
- Fixed an issue causing the Killers to do a snapping animation when performing an interrupt on a Survivor rescuing someone from the hook.
- Fixed an issue causing the Killers to sometimes see no scores in each category on the match results screen.
- Fixed an issue causing The Nurse to be able to blink inside of hills.
- Fixed an issue causing the perk Hex: No One Escapes Death levels I and II to display the "Exposed" status effect icon when the exit gates were available.
- Fixed an issue causing the perks Borrowed Time and We'll Make It to have no effect once the exit gates were available.
- Fixed an issue causing the speed boost from the perk Hex: Devour Hope to not take effect once the Exit Gates were available.
- Fixed an issue causing the Survivor to be in a broken state when they were placed on a hook at the same time the hook was sabotaged.
- Fixed an issue causing flickering on the hospital door prior to reaching the exit gates.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Entity spikes to not appear for the Killer at the exit gates in Haddonfield.
- Fixed an issue that could cause clients getting kicked out of lobbies when loading into a match.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the player camera to switch to 1st person when getting hooked.
- Fixed an issue that could rarely cause players bloodwebs to become empty after a prestige.
- Fixed improper translations in Portuguese for offerings that reward Survivors with additional Bloodpoints in the Survival category.
- Fixed several missing characters in various localized languages.
- Fixed the misaligned burn effect when purchasing a perk from the Shrine of Secrets.
- Fixed the width of several tooltips so they better fit localized text.
- Fixed various customization clipping issues.
- Fixed an issue causing the Huntress' hatchets to trigger an explosion sound after successfully hitting a survivor
- Fixed an issue causing the Huntress' hatchets to hit invisible collisions on barrels, crates & logs in the "Pale Rose" map
- Fixed an issue that could cause a large rock to block the exit in the "Mother's Dwelling" map
- Fixed an issue making it impossible for a survivor to be picked up by a killer in certain parts of the Smokehouse building of the "Mother's Dwelling" map
- Fixed an LOD issue on sabotaged hooks
- Fixed an issue causing The Nurse to have no cooldown animation after successfully hitting a Survivor
- Fixed an issue that allowed The Nurse to be able to immediately attack after she blinks
- Fixed an issue that caused The Nurse's hands to disappear after a successful Precise Blink
- Fixed an issue that allowed The Nurse to move her camera while she was stunned
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Feature - Added Bloodfeast news in News pop up
- Fixed an issue that allowed The Trapper to place bear traps directly under hooks
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Feature - Added a status effect on the portrait of a Survivor who has the perk No Mither equipped, to better indicate they cannot be healed
- Added a "Hit" Brutality score event for The Huntress in addition to the Deviousness score event for Hatchet Hit and Precise Shot
- Added locker on the ferry boat in Pale Rose (more access to hatchet refills)
- Adjusted the axe positioning. Lifted axe up so the haft aims at the middle of the screen
- Adjusted the detection of the flashlight beam against the Killer. Made it so you can now only blind the Killer when he’s looking at the survivor. Please note we are currently working on improvements, specifically when looking down.
- Adjusted the locker search animation to play when The Huntress has max ammo, reducing the search time from 3 seconds to 2 seconds
- Fix for survivor being hooked crooked from the killer perspective (Nurse and Hag)
- Fixed an issue causing tokens to not properly apply to the perk "We're Gonna Live Forever" once all the generators were repaired
- Fixed an issue that caused the survivor to remain in a bad state when rushing out of a locker at the same moment the Killer searches it
- Fixed an issue that caused the tokens from the perk Play With Your Food to not be consumed on Hatchet Hits/throws
- Fixed an issue that gives the wrong amount of Bloodpoints in the Shrine of Secrets
- Fixed an issue where the Killer can partly climb downed pallets
- Fixed an issue where Toolbox does not boost repair or deplete itself when repairing an indoor generator
- Increased Bloodpoint cap to 1 Million BPs
- Increased Daily Ritual Bloodpoint rewards greatly
- Increased Bloodpoint reward for buying already unlocked teachable perk in the Shrine to 250k (750 shards)
- Increased Bloodpoint reward for buying already unlocked teachable perk in the Shrine to 200k (550 shards)
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- "Snap Out Of It" is now classified as a form of healing. This means it is affected by perks such as "Botany Knowledge" or "A Nurse's Calling," status effects such as "Mangled", and other effects concerned with healing.
- "Snap Out Of It" now has a chance to trigger skill checks. Failing a skill check will interrupt the interaction and reveal the survivor's location.
- Added a 200-point score event to the Survival category when successfully performing the "Snap Out Of It" action.
- Added a new affliction granted by The Doctor's "Order" Class add-ons: Every 20 seconds, a broken pallet within a certain range is replaced with an illusionary pallet that is visible to survivors past a certain madness threshold, depending on the add-on.
- Adjusted the affliction granted by The Doctor's "Discipline" add-ons: When a chase begins, the chased survivor perceives the red stain and terror radius as though The Doctor were right behind them for a duration depending on the add-on used and the survivor's madness level. The Doctor shares in his patients' madness in order to see the illusionary red stain.
- Removed the speed penalty when switching stances with The Doctor
- Survivors hit by the The Doctor's Shock Therapy attack are rendered unable to perform any interaction for 2.5 seconds
- The skill check affliction previously granted by The Doctor's "Order" add-ons is now a baseline ability. Skill checks have a 33%, 66% or 100% chance of appearing in a random location while in madness 1, 2 or 3, respectively.
- Updated the description for The Doctor's "Iridescent King" add-on to describe the afflictions it can inflict
- Fixed an issue that allowed Killers to get blinded by the flashlight while looking down
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors to begin standing up before the end of the Snap Out Of It action
- Fixed an issue that caused The Doctor to not have a penalty when attacking while carrying a survivor
- Fixed an issue that caused the stun from Decisive Strike to last 4.33 seconds for all levels. The stun will last 3, 3.5 or 4 seconds for Decisive Strike I, II and III, respectively.
- Fixed an issue that caused very choppy frame rate while spectating
- Fixed an issue that prevented Enduring's stun length reduction from applying to the stun from Decisive Strike
- Fixed an issue that prevented the special skill check from the perk Overcharge from triggering during the Install Brand New Part interaction
- Fixed an issue where the amount of pips the killer would receive wasn't behaving properly
- Fixed bug where players could climb on the outside of the building
- Fixed an issue causing the perk Left Behind to be active under the wrong conditions
- Fixed a typo in a streamer customization from the Charity Case
- Fixed an issue where players could climb on the outside of the Asylum building #2
- Fixed an issue where survivors were unable to interact briefly when getting out of the Killers grasp by any means
- Integrated A Lullaby For The Dark, Spark of Madness & other missing localization for Chinese & Japanese languages
- Improved developer error reporting when the game client fails to join a lobby
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Integrated Shrine of Secrets content for the month of September.
- Added support for the Polish Language (partial localization).
- Fixed an issue causing members of a Survive with Friends party to not properly report joining of lobbies (this could result in the lobby state to become desynchronized and causing the services to send players to full lobbies).
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Added game client support for soft bans (restricting access to gameplay until it expires)
- Add support for the Fall Masquerade event
- Fixed an issue that caused instances of Rubber banding when getting rescued from the hook
|FEATURES & CONTENT
CONTENT - Added a new customization for The Huntress (head) for participating in the Fall Masquerade challenge
CONTENT - Added a new map for The Backwater Swamp (Grim Pantry)
FEATURE - Added a ping indicator to show players' latency to the host for public matches
- Base Mechanic changes:
- Changed Killer vault from 2.667 to 1.5
- Changed Survivor medium vault speed from .8 seconds to 1 second.
- Crouch speed increased from .84 to 1.1. This is half of normal walking speed.
- Killer breaking pallet speed increased by 15%. Breaking pallets goes from 3 seconds to 2.6. This change is relevant to the new Brutal Strength values.
- Item Camping Aid Med-Kit:
- Increased base medkit charges from 8 to 12. Medkit can now heal 1 health state by default.
- Reduced healing speed from 25% to 15% (Considerably to Moderately)
- Item Emergency Med-Kit:
- Increased base charges from 16 to 18.
- Perk Urban Evasion:
- Changed from only usable when Crouching and Uninjured to anytime crouching.
- Crouch speed changed from 40/45/50% to 90/95/100% crouch speed.
- Perk Self-Care
- Efficiency of healing items during self-heal from 50/75/100% to 10/15/20%
- Healing speed remains the same. 50/50/50%
- Removed Skillcheck increased difficulty from tiers 1 and 2.
- Perk Slippery Meat:
- Added increased efficiency at hook escapes by 25%/40%/60%. This means that a Survivor has 1/2/3 extra escape attempts with Slippery Meat.
- Changed the odds to escape a bear trap from 0/5/10 to 15/20/25.
- Removed increased escape attempt speed on hooks and traps.
- Removed the increased chance to escape a hook.
- Perk Borrowed Time:
- Changed Borrowed Time's proc timer from 20 to 15 seconds.
- Changed bleedout timer from 30/35/40 to 15/20/25.
- Perk This is Not happening:
- Changed increased Success Zone size of the Great Skillcheck instead of the Good Skillcheck.
- Perk We're Gonna Live Forever:
- Change Maximum point gain from 100/150/200 to 50/75/100%.
- Change stackable bonus from 50% to 25%
- Perk Enduring:
- Changed tier 1 and tier 2 values from 25/50% to 50/60%
- Perk Unnerving Presence:
- Increased skillcheck chance from 3/5/8 to 6/8/10
- Increased skillcheck success zone reduction from 5/10/15 to 40%/50%/60%
- Perk Lightborn:
- Perk Brutal Strength:
- Changed Brutal Strength pallet breaking speed from 20/30/40% to 10/15/20%.
- This change is relevant to the new breaking pallet values.
- Perk Change Agitation:
- Increased terror radius value. Terror radius values are now 6/8/12 meters up from 0/3/6 meters.
- Perk Change Overwhelming Presence:
- Increased the item consumption rate. Consumption rates are now 80%/90%/100% up from 40%/45%/50%
- Perk Change Distressing:
- Changed point gain from 5/10/15% to 50%/75%/100% more Bloodpoints for actions in the Deviousness category.
- Changed terror radius increase from 8%/16%/24% gain to 22%/24%/26%
- Map Changes:
- Adjusted the assets outside of the window on the bottom floor of the foundry in the Ironworks of Misery map
- Adjusted the pallet location next to the foundry window in the Ironworks of Misery map
- Adjusted the window blockers on the windows on the second floor of the foundry in the Ironworks of Misery map
- Adjujsted the collision in the Asylum building to properly detect hatchets in Crotus Prenn Asylum
- Adjusted loading screen tips that were cut off
- Fixed an issue that allowed Survivor to continue repairing the indoor generators in Haddonfield despite it being fully repaired
- Fixed an issue that allowed Survivors to avoid triggering The Hag's phantasm traps when using the map or key items
- Fixed an issue that allowed The Hillbilly to use his chainsaw to get on top of the Asylum
- Fixed an issue that allowed The Nurse to be able to blink into the roof in Treatment Theatre
- Fixed an issue that allowed The Nurse to see through the exit gate when blinking on the opposite side
- Fixed an issue that allowed hatchets to pass through hospital bed curtains in Treatment Theatre
- Fixed an issue that allowed hatchets to pass through specific walls in Treatment Theatre
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to get in a bad state when entering / exiting a locker next to the silo in the Torment Creek map
- Fixed an issue that caused The Nurse to automatically blink into the basement when attempting to blink on the surface above it
- Fixed an issue that caused The Shape to be unable to kill Survivors with his add-ons while they were performing gestures
- Fixed an issue that caused The Shape to get Bloodlust in Tier I
- Fixed an issue that caused an unresponsive screen when spamming multiple specific buttons at once
- Fixed an issue that caused an unresponsive state when accepting an invite during the match loading
- Fixed an issue that caused grass to clip oddly inside of lockers in Junkyard maps
- Fixed an issue that caused hatchets to pass through houses in Haddonfield
- Fixed an issue that caused pallet to spawn in the wrong position or create invisible collision. Was most frequent in The Pale Rose map
- Fixed an issue that caused the audio to become lower when opening the Help & Tutorials
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash frequently when a non-host player uses The Huntress in a Kill Your Friends lobby
- Fixed an issue that caused the generator repaired bubble to not appear for clients or hosts when indoor generators in Haddonfield were repaired
- Fixed an issue that caused the perk "Sprint Burst" to activate while on the hook
- Fixed an issue that caused the spark VFX from damaged generators not to appear for AMD cards
- Fixed an issue that caused the tooltips in the Help & Tutorials to become uncentered
- Fixed an issue that could cause any inputs made when a windowed notification is displayed onscreen to also affect any background window or menu
- Fixed an issue that could cause selected customizations to reset when rebooting the game
- Fixed an issue that could cause the perks "Deerstalker" and "Object of Obsession" to reveal auras after the survivor has escaped
- Fixed an issue that could cause very long or infinite loading screen when accepting an invite to a private lobby during the match count down
- Fixed an issue that could make it impossible to fix the exterior generators in Haddonfield
- Fixed an issue where Survivor could vault at extremely slow speeds when attempting to vault during a fall
- Fixed an issue where Survivors could reach a rock pillar in Mother's Dwelling when using the perks "Sprint Burst" or "Dead Hard"
- Fixed an issue where the Killer's red stain affected Survivors' hair
- Fixed an issue where the chainsaw blades stopped animating after The Hillbilly revved the chainsaw for an extended period of time
- Fixed an issue where the player would not receive a "No Network Connection" error message when pulling the LAN cable in a Kill Your Friends lobby
- Fixed an issue where there was no buff icon for Survivor when the perk "Open-Handed" was active
- Fixed an issue with David Kings hair texture
- Fixed some floating textures in Treatment Theatre
- Fixed the collision on a fallen tree asset in The Pale Rose allowing the Killer to get stuck on it
- Various LOD fixes
- Various Localization fixes
- Reduced the audio levels of The Wraiths growls while cloaked
- Adjusted the garage creaking audio in the Groaning Storehouse
- Adjusted the Hillbilly's daily ritual text to mention the Killer (English only)
- Fixed a typo in the Perk "Enduring"
- Fixed an issue causing the chainsaw audio to become corrupted for the entire game when dropping a firecracker in front of The Cannibal
- Fixed an issue that caused the user to receive the incorrect reward Item when reaching Prestige Level II and III with The Shape
- Fixed an issue that caused female Survivor's knees to pop during the repair animation
- Fixed an issue that caused the Add-on "Light Chassis" to increase the Chainsaw range
- Fixed an issue that caused the destroyed pallet debris to float into the air
- Fixed an issue that caused The Hag to snap into position after placing a trap
- Fixed an issue that caused The Hags trap decal to be visible during the start of the set trap animation
- Fixed an issue that caused the perk "Sole Survivor" to have no effect against the Killers aura reading when 1 or 2 survivors were sacrificed / killed
- Fixed an issue that could cause the client to have the wrong status icon on the scoreboard when killed by The Shape with the "Tombstone Piece" or "Judith's Tombstone" add-ons
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to hit a survivor with The Cannibals chainsaw when the killer wasn't moving as the non-host killer of a Kill Your Friends lobby
- Removed "slightly reduced chainsaw detection zone range" for the Light Chassis Chainsaw add-on for all languages
- Fixed an issue that caused players to receive the incorrect amount of bloodpoints when purchasing a Teachable perk they already own in the Shrine of Secrets
- Fixed an issue that caused the audio to loop for the rest of the match if the client disconnected during The Cannibals Memento Mori
- Fixed an issue that caused the navigation UI to disappear for survivors if they would disconnect from a lobby with the any sidebar UI opened (bloodweb, inventory, customization)
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to get a soft ban message without being banned
- Fixed an issue that could cause the players Steam names to appear incorrectly in game if there were specific symbols in it
- Fixed an issue that made it possible for players to use a DLC Killer character they do not own after playing against a killer who played the associated splinter offering
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Changed the order of Tally screen sequence so that score categories screen appears before leveling up (pips) screen
- Adjusted Bloodlust to not affect The Cannibals chainsaw rev speed
- Adjusted The Cannibal's speed limiter add-ons to allow multiple hits with the chainsaw on contact
- Adjusted the bonus score event when hooking a survivor with "Barbecue & Chili" perk equipped to only trigger if there is a survivor already on the hook
- Adjusted the perk "Franklin's Demise" to be ineffective when Killers used their power
- Adjusted the perk "Open-Handed" to be effective versus the perk "Knock Out"
- Changed the "Barbecue & Chili" perk to give the bonus bloodpoint post game rather than during the game, like the perk "We're Gonna Live Forever"
- Changed the number of reduced hatchets from 2 to 4 with the Iridescent Head add-on for The Huntress
- Fixed an issue that caused players queued for a public lobby to join a Private lobby after the host unchecked the "Friends Only" option in match management
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be launched in to the air when vaulting over a pallet as it was being destroyed with a chainsaw
- Fixed an issue that caused the audio to become corrupted after dropping a firecracker in front of The Cannibal
- Fixed an issue that could cause The Shape to have no head after the Prestige reward fix in 1.7.1
- Fixed the Decisive Strike skill checks in Tiers I and II appearing at the wrong percentage of the wiggle bar for the non Obsession
- Fixed an issue that caused nearby interactions to become instantly complete when the survivor spammed the action button while using the Self-Care perk
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Added a new head customization for The Nurse
- Added new Halloween variations of the Flashlight and Medkit Items (can be found in chests and in the bloodweb)
- Added new menu music for Halloween
- Added various Halloween accessories (jack-o'-lanterns, candles, lanterns and tombstones) and changed the fog VFX and lighting in the main menu and lobbies
- Fixed an issue that caused hooked survivors to drop their item when the killer hit them with the perk "Franklin's Demise" equipped
- Fixed an issue that caused players to become stuck for the rest of the match when vaulting over the shutter windows in Treatment Theatre (Léry's Memorial Institute)
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors to become stuck in the hook after being rescued at the last possible moment
- Fixed some cases where a player could lose their save progress after the game client would lose Network connection
- Updated the description for perk "Distressing" : The bonus Deviousness points are awarded during the trial, not afterwards. The description has been corrected
- Fixed an issue that caused players queued for a public lobby to join a Private lobby after the host unchecked the "Friends Only" option in match management
- Integrated multiples fixes for Russian localization
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Removed the Slightly and Moderately map offerings from Bloodwebs and from the Kill Your Friends offering inventory
- Added the ability to unhook a survivor from all possible angles.
- This is a step towards making the hook a happier place.
- Adjusted Global Skill Check Chances, we believe they were currently a little too high when no item/perk was being used and we would like to encourage choice through items/perks and addons. As one of the first steps towards a *healthier balance we will be changing the following Skill Check Chances.
- Heal Other Skill check Chance remains at 15%.
- Heal Other with Medkit Skill Check Chance remains at 15%.
- Heal Self with Medkit Skill Check Chance changed from 15% to 12.5%
- Heal Self without medkit Skill check Chance changed from 15% to 10.5%
- Repair with a toolkit Skill Check Chance has been changed from 8% to 10.5%
- Repair without a toolkit Skill Check Chance has not changed, it remains at 8%.
- Sabotage Hook with a toolkit Skill check Chance remains at 15%.
- Sabotage Hook without a toolkit Skill Check Chance changed from 15% to 10.5%
- Increased the time it takes to increase Bloodlust levels from 12 to 15 seconds. It has been brought to our attention that Bloodlust is currently triggering every 12 seconds. This is an error as Bloodlust is intended to trigger every 15 seconds. It is unclear when this issue occurred, Bloodlust should be triggering every 15 seconds as this should give an opportunity for survivors to lose the killer before they reach their next Bloodlust level. Bloodlust is intended to be an option for killers to use and it is not intended to be the answer to all situations.
- Increased wiggle penalty for dropping a survivor from 25% to 33%. The initial intent was to cause killers to drop survivors after dropping them 4 times in a row. Due to recovery rates killers had 5 drops before the survivor was freed. This change should cause survivors to be freed after being dropped 3 times in a row when dropped in quick succession
- Reduced "Good" healing skill check success reward from 1% to 0%. Good skillchecks are meant to continue progress as the skillcheck was not failed, Good skillchecks were not meant to advance progress.
- Reduced the audio levels of The Wraiths growls while cloaked from the survivors standpoint
- Removed some parts of the railing on the second floor of the Foundry in MacMillan Estate
- Adjusted the audio cue when losing an item when the survivor was hit by a killer with the perk "Franklin's Demise"
- Fixed an issue causing the items to be lost when using the offering White Ward and the add-ons Weaved Ring & Milky Glass Token
- Fixed an issue that caused The Wraith's poncho to clip into the camera when attacking
- Fixed an issue that caused items, perks, add-ons, powers, and offerings to have the incorrect inventory type text on the scoreboard
- Fixed an issue that caused no bonus Bloodpoint rewards when using The Shape's add-ons "Scratched Mirror" & "Vanity Mirror", numbers are currently too high, they will be reduced in the next patch.
- Fixed an issue that caused placeholder Lore Tips to be displayed on the loading screen
- Fixed an issue that caused the Killer to become stuck in the boxes on the porch of the Strode house in Haddonfield when performing a window vault interrupt
- Fixed an issue that caused the chainsaw's rev audio looping when doing a pallet stun on the Cannibal
- Fixed an issue that caused the perk "Franklin's Demise" not destroying the toolbox add-on "Brand New Part" when survivor is hit while using it
- Fixed an issue that caused the smoke VFX from the Nurse's Sally of the Lantern cusotmization to reappear before her blink was complete
- Fixed an issue that caused the smoke VFX from the Nurse's Sally of the Lantern cusotmization to remain visible when looking downwards
- Fixed an issue that could cause a hooked survivor to become broken for the rest of the match if a survivor got disconnected while unhooking them
- Fixed an issue that could cause bear traps to float when placed in certain areas in the Grim Pantry map
- Fixed an issue that could cause players ranks to reset when closing the application
- Fixed an issue that could cause the match management settings to reset to default after each match in Kill Your Friends
- Fixed an issue that could cause the non host killer of a Kill Your Friends match to remain in game when leaving the match
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible for Killers to pick up survivors if they exited the locker in crawl state
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to earn the "No One Left Behind" achievement
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to interrupt a survivor installing a Brand New Part
- Fixed an issue that made it possible for a player to remain the Obsession indefintely if they were the Obsession in a Kill Your Friends match as the host survivor
- Fixed an issue where players were not awarded bloodpoints when partially sabotaging a hook
- Fixed an issue where players were not awarded bloodpoints when partially searching a chest
- Fixed an issue where the Halloween™ music was missing when loading into Haddonfield
- Various localization fixes
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Integrated additional analytics support
- Features & Content: Legacy clothing has been retouched to bring back it's glory
- Balance: Generator regression % is increase to 100% from 25%
- Balance: Generator breaking time reduced to 2 seconds from 3 seconds
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Added additional analytics support
- Integrated Simplified Chinese localization for The Nightmare on Elm Street chapter
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Content - Added new VFX when failing a generator skill check to wake up
- Feature - Added a status effect on the portrait of a Survivor who is asleep
- Feature - Added dissolve VFX on the Nightmare when a survivor is transitioning to the Dream State
- Feature - Removed the in and out of Dream World transition when The Nightmare performs his memento mori kill. Now survivors who are being killed by the Nightmare will always be in the Dream State
- A bug fix where we made the 0.3 seconds of the attack always play has made all lunges feel longer. In fact we are playing the full attack phase animation allowing the killer too fully swing before playing the blade wipe animation. We have made a tweak this patch where this is not true for the obstruction hit. An obstruction as soon as it is registered will go into the obstruction hit cooldown.
- Changed the medkit add-ons Needle & Thread and Surgical Suture to have an additive increased skill check chances instead of a multiplicative one. Changed the Surgical Suture Skillcheck chance, increased it from Slightly(3%) to Moderately(5%). English only
- Increased The Nightmare's terror radius from 16 to 24 meters. Increasing the Terror radius allows for survivors to have more room to maneuver around Freddy without having their aura seen. We've matched the Terror Radius and Lullaby to keep The Nightmare's presence consistent at a base.
- Increased The Nightmares slowdown when successfully putting someone to sleep from 1 to 3 seconds. The slowdown will be more present and give survivors a slight window to put distance between themselves and Freddy before they are asleep.
- Nightmare's Red Paint Brush add-on reduces terror radius by 16 meters instead of 8 meters, this is an adjustment since we increased the terror radius to 24 meters as a base for Freddy.
- Removed the ability to wake up a survivor in crawl state. Now when healed to the injured state they will automatically be woken up. Also applicable when using the Unbreakable perk
- Survivors with the Adrenaline perk at all Tiers will automatically be woken up from the Dream State when Adrenaline triggers. Adrenaline tiers 1 and 2 gain the ability to heal from dying as well as Tier 1 gains a 5 second sprint on activation. Updated description in English only
- The Nightmare will now appear twice briefly during the Dream Transition instead of being visible throughout the Dream Transition. This change should help Freddy players to confuse their targets and encourage a disengage and surprise strategy.
- Tweaked the Dream State VFX when a survivor is being pulled out of a locker when awake. Now the survivor is put to sleep at the beginning of the interaction rather than at the end
- Adjusted the brightness when in the Dream State in the Treatment Theatre map
- Adjusted the collision on some bush asset barriers in Badhman Preschool
- Adjusted the fire visual effects in the basement of the Badham Preschool
- Adjusted the shape of the yard of one of the houses in Badham Preschool that caused grass to appear inside the house
- Fixed a collision that sometimes blocked player movement between the crashed school bus and a rock in the Autohaven Wrecker's theme
- Fixed an audio and desync issue when the Nightmare performed his memento mori
- Fixed an issue that allowed a recovering survivor to be able to stack recovering and healing progression
- Fixed an issue that caused The Nightmare to see the outline of a survivor when they stood in front of a generator
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors to have the Wake Up prompt when the action wasn't actually available
- Fixed an issue that caused the Hag's killer stain to appear extremely bright
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nightmare's hand to bend unnaturally during his memento mori
- Fixed an issue that caused the Unbreakable perk to be consumed if survivor was holding the Recover button at the same time they were being healed
- Fixed an issue that caused the destroy pallet audio string to play when the Nightmare damages a generator
- Fixed an issue that could cause a survivor to fall out of world and die when getting rescued from a hook
- Fixed an issue that could cause survivors arms to contort when getting unhooked
- Fixed an issue that could cause survivors to teleport on to the chandelier in the main house in Mother's Dwelling when waking up another survivor
- Fixed an issue that could cause survivors to teleport to the first floor of the Treatment Room when healing another survivor on the control panel
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible for all players in the lobby to use the lobby chat after certain symbols were used
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to interact with a totem located between a tree and fishing boat in the Backwater Swamp theme
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to pass between a hedge and a rock on the Badham Preschool map
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to pass between a rock and fence on the Badham Preschool map
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to pass between a tree and a trashcan in the Badham Preschool map
- Fixed an issue that made it possible to get stuck behind a chest in the Badham Preschool map
- Fixed an issue that sometimes made it impossible for the Hillbilly and the Cannibal to use the chainsaw sprint in the main entrance of the Smokehouse
- Fixed an issue where achievements tied to leveling up appeared in Steam after closing and restarting the game
- Fixed an issue where the attack detection phase would be skipped as soon as a target is found. This affects the lunge, and makes it so that the full attack animation 0.3 seconds is played each time you swing, after the attack phase the character will go into the blade wipe, obstruction hit, or miss swing animation. This was done in the Nightmare DLC release. We have now adjusted the obstruction hit to not completely play, please see balance change for more details.
- Updated the descriptions for all the Medkit items to reflect the healing speed is increased while healing others. English only
- Fixed an issue causing players to disconnect from the server while transitioning to a lobby through a Survive With Friends group
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Content - Integrated an exclusive customization for David King (torso) for the GStar Event
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Content - Removed the Halloween themed lobby and menu music
- Feature - Improved the speed of Bloodweb animations to make the Bloodweb more responsive and easier to use
- Feature - Removed pop-up when purchasing an element of the Bloodweb, except when showing the content of a Mystery Box
- Adjusted the rate at which the Mystery Boxes can spawn in the Bloodweb. Previously the Mystery Boxes spawned at every level, now it will spawn at levels 3, 5, then every 5 levels.
- Adjusted the speed curve while channeling The Nightmare's ability: He now moves at 95% speed for the duration of channeling. The movement penalty applied when continually casting the Nightmare's ability was quite intense, we have added a slight reduction to the Nightmare's movement speed when using his ability continually.
- Changed the overall balancing of the Bloodweb to have a better repartition of items and rarities. We wanted to make the progression in the Bloodweb more rewarding and satisfying when reaching the higher levels
- Changed the prices of all Bloodweb elements to be based on Rarity instead of position. Price based on position created variance and inconsistency in the value of the rewards. We want players to be able to make choices on what to invest in based on consistent rules.
- Fixed the interaction & attack block during The Nightmare's power success animation. 0.5 seconds after successfully casting his ability the Nightmare can now attack or interact.
- Raised the Rarity of Bloody Party Streamers to Rare (previously Common). Bloody Party Streamers used to be Common for the event they were part of, but leaving them as part of the normal game required to raise their Rarity to appropriately reflect their impact.
- Removed Tiers 2 and 3 of all Daily Rituals and reworked the values to reach for Tiers 1. We want the Daily Ritual to be short, easy to achieve objectives that you can complete every day.
- Removed the possibility for all Moonlight Offerings to spawn in the Bloodweb. The usage of these Offerings could have a lot of impact on the lighting of each map. We needed more control over the exact lighting we decide to set in each map in order to ensure a good experience, and these offerings were making this harder.
- Removed the possibility for the "Will O' Wisp" flashlight and "All Hallows' Eve Lunchbox" medkit items to spawn in chests and in the Bloodweb
- Several changes to to the Rarity of Add-Ons and Offerings :
- Based on the new pricing rules of the Bloodweb, we felt that these items values were superior to what their Rarity suggested.
- The add-ons Garden Rake, Prototype Claws and Paint Thinner now reduce the speed penalty during the 3 second slowdown after The Nightmare triggers the dream transition on a survivor. Prior to this update, these aforementioned add-ons were reducing the speed penalty while you continually casted. Now these add-ons will strictly be reducing the slowdown after successfully putting a survivor to sleep.
- Adjusted the description for the "Risk It All" Achievement
- Adjusted the text for the Camping Aid Kit to have a considerable healing speed instead of moderately
- Fixed a couple of typos in the Cannibals torso customization descriptions in English
- Fixed an issue that caused an impassable gap between 2 rock assets when spawned too close together in Coldwind Farm
- Fixed an issue that caused an impassable gap between 2 rock assets when spawned too close together in Mother's Dwelling
- Fixed an issue that caused the Huntress' camera to behave improperly when slashing a suvrivor
- Fixed an issue that caused the generator explosion and lights to appear when failing / completing an indoor generator in Lampkin Lane or Badham Preschool
- Fixed an issue that caused the polygons on Nea's tank tops to stretch when viewing a character at a distance
- Fixed an issue that could cause Ultra Rare items in the Bloodweb to spawn too frequently
- Fixed an issue that could cause only 1 exit gate to spawn in Azarov's Resting Place map
- Fixed an issue that could cause survivors to get stuck inside the hill asset when healing
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible for the Nurse to blink near the ambulance and cross road in Badham Preschool
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to unlock the "Risk It All" achievement if the ultra rare item/add-on was lost or consumed
- Fixed an issue where killers were not fully blinded by a Flashlight inside the houses in Lampkin Lane
- Fixed an issue where the Nightmare claws played out of sync with the audio from a clients perspective
- Fixed an issue with the Nurse's Sally of the Lantern head customization VFX that caused her eyes to reappear before her body when blinking
- Fixed an issue with the textures on the Shape and the Nurse in the front end and in game
- Tentatively fixed an issue that could occasionally cause no outdoor hooks to spawn in the MacMillan Estate maps. Due to the nature of this issue, it was difficult to reproduce and we will be tracking the status of the issue after this patch to confirm.
- Tweaked the Flashlight blinding effects on the Nightmare. Was causing slight VFX corruption
- Fixed an issue that caused Bloodlust display an incorrect status notification
- Fixed an issue that caused Kindred not to appear in the HUD
- Fixed an issue where Killers would experience a half second freeze after hooking a survivor
- Fixed an issue where only 1 perk would appear in the Bloodweb after level 25 (at random)
- Fixed an issue where the blinding effect from the Killer's point of view would build up more quickly than it should (which made it impossible to avoid being fully blinded)
- Fixed the placeholder text when viewing the Nightmares add-ons
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Integrated modified texts from 1.8.2 (The Nightmare Addons Garden Rake, Paint Thinner & Prototype Claws descriptions) (Russian only)
- Migrated save game data from Steam Cloud / local drive to the Dead by Daylight services for all players
- Fixed an issue causing players to lose their save game if they did not yet have a profile created on the Dead by Daylight backend servers (If they hadn’t played since May 2017).
- Fixed an issue that could cause a loss of save game when Steam services goes down.
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Added 3 new achievements for the Winter season Holiday Get-Together, Milk 'n' Cookies and Happy Holidays
- Added a new Winter skin for the Mystery Boxes in the Bloodweb. We are feeling generous this Winter season! The Winter Mystery Boxes will appear at every level of the Bloodweb, and will contain new rewards!
- The regular mystery box reward with higher rarity tier weighting
- Multiple versions of the mystery boxes will have cheaper bloodpoints costs
- Added a new Winter themed head customization for all original Killers
- Added a new Winter themed skin for the hooks, barrels and lockers in all levels
- Added a new Winter variation of the Chinese Firecracker item (can be found in chests and in the bloodweb)
- Added new menu and lobby music for the Winter season
- Added various Winter accessories (snow piles, lanterns, snowman and blinking lights) and added falling snow in the main menu and lobbies
- Changed the Wraith's Wailing Bell ringing audio to play up to 24 meters instead of map wide. Survivors, if you hear the bell it means that the Wraith is already decloaking near you!
- Changed the Wraith's cloaking "woosh" sound to 40 meters, instead of infinite. Add-ons that reduced the Wraith's Wailing Bell audio range have been re-purposed for reducing the Cloaking woosh sound. Survivors, if you hear the woosh, the Wraith is near, but you are not in as much danger as when you hear the bell ringing!
- Changed the blood pools and VFX from an injured Survivor to be brighter when The Wraith is cloaked. The blood color returns to normal when uncloaked.
- Cloaking is now faster. Changed speed curve to be 100% of movement speed for 95% of the curve at which it increases to 110% of the Wraith's 4.6 movement speed. (5.06m/s). This should encourage cloaking during chases, we felt that it was rather penalizing to have a cloak reduced movement speed + a uncloak reduced movement speed.
- Delay uncloaking sound by 1.5 seconds. (50% of the animation). Wraith's, use this delay of audio to try and surprise survivors. Survivors, actively look for the Wraith's shimmer while he is cloaked to make the most out of his decloak time/speed.
- Increased the time it takes to Burn the Wraith out of invisibility with a flashlight from 1 second to 1.5
- Increased uncloaking movement speed and adjusted the uncloak movement speed curve to feel smoother and give less ground to survivors. The decloak gave a lot of room for survivors to put distance between themselves and the Wraith, with these changes Survivors should be actively looking for the wraith shimmer to get a head start.
- Interacting with a locker while cloaked should force the Wraith out of cloak if he finds a survivor. If he doesn't find anyone he should stay cloaked.
- Odd Bulb has an adjusted consumption rate, from moderately (24%) to slightly (12%) increased consumption rate.
- Reduced invisibility Burnout time when a survivor flashlights a cloaked Wraith from 4 seconds to 3
- Removed the quicker blind and burn modifiers from the increased flashlight beam effects against the killer, and from increased the power of the flashlight beam add-ons and items as well as simplified the text to reflect these changes(Utility Flashlight, Focus Lens, High-end Sapphire Lens, Power Bulb, Intense Halogen, Odd Bulb and TIR Optic)
- The Wraith can now damage generators and destroy pallets when cloaked. Doing this will force the Wraith out of invisibility during the animation, and the terror radius will play at full and then fade the Wraith back into invisibility.
- Bloodhound: Increased Tiers I and II so that all Tiers use the same blood intensity.
- Shadowborn: Negative effects have been removed, FOV increased to 9/12/15 from 3/5/10.
- All Wraith's Common add-ons are now "Soot" add-ons
- All Wraith's Rare add-ons are now "White" add-ons
- All Wraith's Ultra Rare add-ons are now "Spirit" add-ons
- All Wraith's Uncommon add-ons are now "Mud" add-ons
- All Wraith's Very Rare add-ons are now "Blood" add-ons
Add-on Rarity Changes
- Adjusted the "Blink" add-ons that reduce The Wraiths disappearance charge time to 12.5/50%
- Adjusted the White and Blood "Windstorm" add-ons for The Wraith's reappearance time to 10/15%.Adjusting the uncloak movement curve, we've made it so The Wraith exits the uncloak at max speed instead of having to accelerate to max speed after the uncloak. This effectively maximizes the Windstorm add-ons efficiency, in compensation we have increased the time it takes to uncloak.
- Adjusted the range at which the Wraith's Wailing Bell can be heard with the "Coxcombed Clapper" add-on to 40%
- Adjusted the time it takes for The Wraith to uncloak with the "Swift Hunt" add-ons to 10/15/20%
- Changed the name of the "Ghost" Soot add-on to "Ghost" White to better fit it's rarity
- Increased the aura reading range by 2 meters on the "All Seeing" add-ons. These are affected by other aura reading perks.
- Moved the generator in the foundry in the Ironworks of Misery map
- Re-integrated the adjusted pallet location next to the foundry window in the Ironworks of Misery map
- Re-integrated the assets outside of the window on the bottom floor of the foundry in the Ironworks of Misery map
- Mystery Box (Winter Gift) can never contain an Item below the box's Rarity
- Mystery Box (Winter Gift) prices are half of the box rarity's
- Reworked the spawn pattern of Mystery Box (Winter Gift) to be 1 at all Levels, and 2 every 5 Levels (except 50)
- Fixed a level of detail issue on a specific type of tree in Badham Preschool
- Fixed an issue that caused Feng Min's Day Off Wrap customization to become transparent while in the Dream State
- Fixed an issue that caused additional extra bonus Bloodpoint rewards when using The Shape's add-ons "Scratched Mirror" & "Vanity Mirror"
- Fixed an issue that caused an impassable gap between a rock and fire barrel in the MacMillan Estate maps
- Fixed an issue that caused the Killers model to obstruct auras (outlines)
- Fixed an issue that caused the Wraith to be unaffected by the Enduring perk when getting hit by a pallet while cloaked
- Fixed an issue that caused the Wraiths eyes to remains visible when equipping the All Hallow's Eyes customization
- Fixed an issue that caused the arrows in Spectate mode to be invisible
- Fixed an issue that caused the generator repaired bubble not to appear for players when indoor generators in Lampkin Lane and Badham Preschool were repaired
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause motion blur when changing graphics settings
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible for the Nurse to blink behind one of the houses in Badham Preschool
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to properly interrupt a survivor repairing an indoor generator in the Lampkin Lane and Badham Preschool maps
- Fixed an issue where out of world textures were visible while in the Dream State in the garage of the Wretched Shop map
- Fixed an issue where out of world textures were visible while in the Dream State in the slaughterhouse of the Rancid Abbatoir map
- Fixed an issue where the offering Black Salt Statuette had the incorrect rarity
- Fixed an issue with the perk Beast of Prey, Tiers I and III were marked as 10/30, instead of 15/25 as listed in game.
- Fixed an issue with the perk Object of Obsession, Tiers II and III were set to 50 meters and 56 meters instead of 56 and 64.
- Fixed an issue with the perk Quick and Quiet, Tiers I and II were set to 60 and 40 second cooldowns instead of 30/25 respectively.
- Fixed an issue with the perk Slippery Meat, Tier 1 decreased the escape rate by 25% instead of increasing it by 15%.
- Fixed the ground textures in Badham Preschool
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Content - Integrated updated Polish localization
- Event - Added support for Blood Hunt event from December 28th 2017 to January 2nd 2018
- Re-integrated the Polish language (was erroneously removed with 1.8.3)
- Integrated additional anlaytics and logging to investigate connectivity issues with the backend services.
|FEATURES & CONTENT
- Content - Removed the Winter Event gift box skin and replaced with the Mystery Box
- Content - Removed the Winter accessories and themed skins from the lobbies and in game
- Content - Removed the Winter themed lobby and menu music
- Content - Removed the possibility for the "Winter Party Starter" firecracker item to spawn in chests and in the Bloodweb
- Feature - Added a "Secondary Power" keybinding to the Killer Controls. Hag players can now rebind the Teleport button, which should now prevent accidental teleports when using the Mint Rag add-on.
- BloodWeb Changes
- Changed the half price cost of the Mystery Box back to the original values
- Readjusted drop rates of items from level 25 to 50
- The mystery boxes appearance rate is back at what it was prior to the Winter Event.
- Design Changes
- Blindness status effect now blocks auras of hooked and downed survivors. (This includes Hex: The Third Seal and Huntress Add-ons)
- NURSE: After blinking, the Nurse used to have a special attack with different speed values and detection zones. This has been removed. The Nurse will now have a regular lunge after blinking.
- NURSE: Duration of the blink now depends on the how long the player charged the blink for, rather than the distance traveled during the blink. The time required to fully charge a blink (2 seconds), the maximum distance traveled (20 meters) and the time required to cover that distance (1.5 seconds) remain unchanged.
- NURSE: Lunge speed has been adjusted: She will now accelerate to a maximum speed of 6.9 m/s during the lunge, like other killers. Previously, her regular (non-blink) attack was slower than other killers due to her reduced movement speed.
- NURSE: Reappearance time is now much shorter and should be occurring as she blinks, this should remove the feeling that her collision is in place before she is visible, and allow for visual feedback in order to play against The Nurse.
- NURSE: We've updated how much time it takes to blink and linked this timing to how long The Nurse Blinks. Due to the Blink mechanic improvement, Nurse's are now able to short blink instead of being forced to blink in relation to how long they have charged. Coupling the charge time for how long the nurse will take to displace herself will allows for survivors to always have a similar visual queue and timing to give them time to try and dodge The Nurse.
- NURSE: We've updated how we calculate where the Nurse Blinks, this change allows the Nurse to blink upwards and downwards with more accuracy. This change has also enabled the Nurse to vary how far she Blinks, allowing her to blink closer when previously she would have committed to the distance she had charged. This will significantly improve the Nurse's ability to Blink. The following points will address the additional balance changes that should counter balance the improved Blink.
- SCRATCH MARKS: We've adjusted how Scratch Marks are displayed, they should no longer be; showing up on a floor above a survivor and showing up on walls that are opposite of a survivor running. They will still show up under floors when a survivor is running above it.
- Save The Best for Last's text and functionality has been updated. The successful attack cooldown will not be lost when changing targets during a chase, and will continue to be active as long as a chase is held for more than 20 seconds.
- Map Changes
- Added logic that limits the number of generic pallets that can spawn inside the Badham Preschool map to 3. Made the outside pallets procedural.
- Changed the minimum and maximum number of procedural pallets that can spawn. Global change.
- Fixed an exploit on the harvester object in the farm theme.
- Implemented a new pallet management system that allows us to tweak the minimum and maximum number of procedural pallets that can spawn per map.
- Increased the minimum spawning distance between procedural pallets from 8m to 10m. Global change.
- Reduced the number of pallets that can spawn on the edges of the Backwater Swamp maps.
- Added "Personal" to the Chalk Pouch, Cream Chalk Pouch and Ivory Chalk Pouch offering descriptions in all languages except Portuguese, Polish,Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese
- Added "Personal" to the Escape! Cake and Survivor Pudding Anniversary offerings descriptions in all languages except Portuguese, Polish,Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese
- Changed the name of Jake's Old Man head customization from the Head Case DLC pack to Old Man Jake
- Fixed a missing word in one of the survivors loading screen tool tips
- Fixed a typo in the Doctor's "Obedience" - Carter's Notes add-on that referred to Shake it off instead of Snap Out Of It
- Fixed a typo in the Survivors' Health State section of the Killers Help & Tutorials Guide
- Fixed a visual desync between host and client that could cause The Nurse to become invisible after a double blink or Memento Mori
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to get on top of one of the piers in The Pale Rose
- Fixed an issue that blocked Killer movement when a survivor was crouched in front of the hay bale on the combine harvester in Coldwind Farm maps
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect audio to play when The Shape killed a survivor
- Fixed an issue that caused perk bonuses to appear as Offering bonuses in the tally screen. English only.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Cursed status effect and debuff icon not to appear when Hex: Ruin or Hex: Huntress Lullaby were triggered
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nightmare's eyes to appear translucent in game
- Fixed an issue that caused the Upgrade button to erroneously disappear from the tally screen
- Fixed an issue that caused the aura of a Survivor opening an exit gate to show at the improper range when using the Wake Up! perk
- Fixed an issue that caused the equipped perks in the Loadout to reset when switching roles in a Kill Your Friends
- Fixed an issue that could cause an invisible survivor pawn to appear in a match when that survivor disconnected during loading
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause the points on the scoreboard to be inconsistent between host and clients
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to search a chest in Mother's Dwelling
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to track the hatch or bear traps via the Rainbow Map item or the Black Silk Cord/Red Rope map add-ons
- Fixed an issue that made it possible for the Engineer's Toolbox to sabotage
- Fixed an issue that visually caused add-ons from a previously equipped item to remain when switching items in the Loadout
- Fixed an issue where Killers were not awarded with bonus Bloodpoints with the perk Hex: Thrill of the Hunt equipped
- Fixed an issue where clients had the Kill Your Friends Loadout if they left the private match
- Fixed an issue with The Nurse's Plaid Flannel add-on that caused it to indicate the wrong position for the blink. It should now accurately display the target location for the blink.
- Fixed an issue with The Nurse's Plaid Flannel add-on that caused the blink indicator to display the shading used for being behind an object at all times. It will now properly display with light shading when unobstructed, and dark shading when behind an object. This should make it clearer where the blink will land.
- Fixed multiple issues that blocked player movement when a survivor was on specific hooks in Treatment Theatre
- Fixed multiple typos in various Daily Rituals
- Fixed various impassable gaps in the Badham Preschool map
- Fixed various impassable gaps in the Coldwind Farm maps
- Fixed various impassable gaps in the Disturbed Ward map
- Fixed various impassable gaps in the MacMillan Estate maps
- Tentatively fixed an issue that could occasionally cause no outdoor hooks to spawn in the MacMillan Estate maps #2. Due to the nature of this issue, it was difficult to reproduce and we will be tracking the status of the issue after this patch to confirm.
- Updated various Offerings and add-on descriptions to properly reflect their behaviour in all languages
- Changed Dead Hard Speed curve. Speed increases to 250% then drops off back to 100% over 0.5 seconds. This is step one of making the speed match the animation (step 2) and the Dead Hard movement easier to decipher from the killer side.
- Fixed an issue with Window Vaults allowing survivors to vault faster from one side, survivors now vault at the same speed from both sides of a window.
- Increased the odds of spawning "openings" instead of walls (or closed doors) for the rooms in Lery`s Memorial Treatment Theater map.
- Reworked the values of three Score Events for The Pig:
- A Successful Hit after an Ambush Dash gives 200 Bloodpoints instead of 50.
- Setting a Reverse Bear Trap gives 500 Bloodpoints instead of 250.
- Starting an Ambush Dash gives 100 Bloodpoints instead of 25.
- Fixed a couple of instances where the hatch spawned inside of walls in The Game map
- Fixed an issue that allowed The Pig to get an automatic kill when dropping a Survivor with a reverse bear trap on at the exit gate
- Fixed an issue that allowed player to see the Killers red stain through doors in The Game map
- Fixed an issue that caused The Huntress' movement speed to be too slow when cancelling a hatchet throw
- Fixed an issue that caused The Nurse to do the blade wipe animation after blinking and hitting a survivor. The Nurse should now only have her fatigue stun after blinking and hitting.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Nurse's Lethal Blink score event to be unobtainable (which prevented progress on her Daily Ritual and achievement)
- Fixed an issue that caused some floating grass patches in the Grim Pantry map
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to freeze or crash when there were too many available interactions displayed in the HUD. This was affected by the selected language (which vary in length), and would cause the game to crash.
- Fixed an issue that caused the pallet breaking sound to play when The Pig damaged a generator
- Fixed an issue that prevented some players from obtaining the "Where Did They Go!?" achievement after meeting the requirements
- Fixed some level of detail issues on the number signs at the exit gates in The Game map
- Updated the Self-Care perk description with the updated values for Tiers I and II in Polish, Portuguese, Korean and Traditional Chinese.
|HOWLING GROUNDS - EVENT OBJECTIVE
- Acquire a Red Envelope Offering in the Bloodweb and play it in a trial
- Each Red Envelope Offering played will generate 1 Lunar Hook and 1 Lunar Generator
- As a Killer, hook a Survivor on a Lunar Hook for the first time to gain 1 Burnt Coin
- As a Survivor, complete repairs on a Lunar Generator to grant all Survivors 1 Golden Coin
- If you played a Red Envelope, you will also score bonus Bloodpoints when the above conditions are met
- Once you have enough Burnt Coins, you will unlock a customization item for The Huntress
- Once you have enough Golden Coins, you will unlock a customization item for David King
- Keep collecting coins - even if you have unlocked the customizations - they all contribute to the community challenge!
- The Red Envelope Offering is only playable during the Lunar event
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Content - Added new menu and lobby aesthetics for the Lunar New Year event
- Content - Added support for the Howling Grounds event (see the details in the event objective section)
- Feature - Added a Difficulty Rating for all Survivors and Killers and updated the character descriptions to better help our newer players
- Feature - Added a tutorial pop-up when entering a new menu for the first time. For expert players, these can be easily dismissed using the 'Hide All Tutorials' checkbox.
- Feature - Added additional help text, tool tips, and improvements to various menus such as the Bloodweb, Daily Rituals, Character Info, Currencies, Shrine of Secrets, etc.
- Feature - Players now receive a notification the first time they are affected by another player's perks. This currently applies to the perks Leader, Streetwise, Dying Light, Thanatophobia and Unnerving Presence.
- Killer Changes
- Adjusted the sound of the static when shocked by The Doctor
- Fixed an issue that allowed Survivor to use the Map item while in Madness Tier III. This was a design change made back in Doctor Cube (1.6.2), and was only applied to the healing/repairing interactions. Now all items cannot be used (auras reading, firecrackers, flashlights, healing, repairing/sabotaging) when needing to Snap Out Of It.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to rescue a dying survivor with a pallet/flashlight save while being picked up or dropped mid animation. Now, the pick up/drop animation will play fully, followed by the flashlight/pallet stun.
- Fixed an issue that prevented The Nurse from getting stunned by a pallet during her blink. If a pallet is pulled on her, she will get stunned after her blink is complete.
- Reworked the Pig's Rite of the Ungrateful Daily Ritual: It now requires to land 4 successful. Dash attacks with the Pig for 30 000 Bloodpoints.
- Reworked the values of three Score Events for the Pig:
- A Successful Hit after an Ambush Dash gives 250 Bloodpoints (instead of 200).
- Starting an Ambush Dash gives 50 Bloodpoints (instead of 100)
- Perk Changes
- Borrowed Time modification: Only the survivor being unhooked will be protected by Borrowed Time and Borrowed Time is no longer a single use perk. We will monitor the usage of this perk and its function before doing further changes to Borrowed Time. Text change is currently only updated in English.
- Fixed an issue that allowed The Nightmare to put Survivor to sleep when they were hiding in a locker
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to track the hatch with the Rainbow Map or Black Silk Cord add-on prior to meeting the requirements to spawn the hatch
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors not to receive Map Scout points for anything tracked by the Detective's Hunch perk
- Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to be unable to perform certain actions / interactions when the same movement button was bound to Q
- Fixed an issue that caused audio cues and Survivor groans to be heard map wide from both Killer and Survivor perspectives
- Fixed an issue that caused improper camera placement when spectating the Killer in a Kill Your Friends lobby
- Fixed an issue that caused missing audio when The Doctor landed a successful hit
- Fixed an issue that caused stretched polygons when sacrificing a Survivor on a hook with a RBT on their head
- Fixed an issue that caused the Map item reading audio to loop indefinitely when spectating a Survivor who depletes the Map charges
- Fixed an issue that caused the bear trap not to animate when The Trapper stepped in a bear trap while carrying a Survivor
- Fixed an issue that caused the framerate to drop below 30 FPS in a specific area of The Game map
- Fixed an issue that caused the incorrect Offering bonus to display when another player uses a bonus Bloodpoint Offering
- Fixed an issue that caused the item charges to continue to deplete upon failing a skill check
- Fixed an issue that caused the loud noise indicator not to appear for the Killer when too far away from an unhook
- Fixed an issue that caused the report icon not to appear immediately after a successful report
- Fixed an issue that caused the reverse bear trap to continue beeping for other players when a Survivor died at the exit
- Fixed an issue that caused unknown characters to appear when the host of a Kill Your Friends returned to lobby in Thai, Simplified and Tradition Chinese
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to cleanse a totem in the Ironworks of Misery map
- Fixed an issue that made it nearly impossible to see Survivor auras when using the Wraith's "All Seeing" - Mud add-on
- Fixed multiple prestige issues that were either generating a level 50 web at level 1, abusing the UI to Prestige low level characters, or characters randomly Prestiging unwantedly
- Minor localization improvements. English only.