Each Killer has a very unique Power which creates their distinct and unique playstyles.
- 1 The Trapper
- 2 The Wraith
- 3 The Hillbilly
- 4 The Teacher (unused)
- 5 The Nurse
- 6 The Shape
- 7 The Hag
- 8 The Doctor
- 9 The Huntress
- 10 The Cannibal
- 11 The Nightmare
- 12 The Pig
- 13 The Clown
- 14 The Spirit
- 15 The Legion
- 16 The Plague
- 17 The Ghost Face
- 18 The Demogorgon
- 19 The Oni
The Bear Trap is the secondary weapon of the Trapper: Bear traps are found lying around the map. They can be picked up and set down mostly anywhere. Traps are not armed until picked up and placed. The Trapper starts the game with a single trap in his hands, and can only carry one at a time unless using the Trapper Sack, Trapper Bag or Stitched Bag Add-ons.
After pressing alternate attack, the Trapper bends down and sets the trap, looking directly downwards allowing nearby survivors to run around him unseen. If a survivor walks over an armed trap however, the trap will spring and catch one of their legs, where upon they will be trapped in place until either they manage to free themselves, a fellow survivor comes to free them, or the Trapper returns to hoist them onto his shoulder. A trapped survivor will make a lot of noise, alerting the Trapper, and be visible to the Trapper through walls. The traps also possess an aura that can be seen by the trapper at all times, and from all ranges. This is useful for identifying which traps have not yet been set as well as traps that have been disarmed. Should the Trapper walk within the hitbox of one of his traps, he will reach down to free himself, but the trap will remain in the set position and no effect is imbued upon the Killer.
It is very common for experienced Trappers to put Bear Traps in hard-to-identify locations such as tall grass, around a corner, or on one side of a window in order for survivors to trigger them without being previously alerted to their position.
- Immobilises and injures trapped Survivors.
- Starts match with 1 Bear Trap.
- 5 Bear Traps are available randomly placed throughout the Map.
- Sabotaged Bear Traps respawn after 3 minutes.
- It takes The Trapper 2.5 seconds to set a Trap and Survivors 3.5 seconds to disarm a Trap per default.
- The Bear Trap's "setting time" is divided into 3 phases: putting the Trap down (0.5s), setting the Trap (1.5s), and standing back up (0.5s). Only the middle phase is affected by Add-ons.
- A Survivor's chance of freeing themselves from a Trap is 25 % while each attempt takes 1.5 seconds. This chance can be increased with the use of Perks and Offerings that affect the Luck Mechanic.
- The Bear Trap can be darkened by using the Logwood Dye or the Tar Bottle Add-ons. Darkening them will make them much more difficult to spot for Survivors and allow you to set traps in open locations as well, though that is usually not advised as most Survivors will see them:
|Default||Logwood Dye||Tar Bottle|
The Teacher (unused)
Detention is an unused Killer Power for an unused Killer. This Power's icon, along with those of the Item Trapple and the Perk Underperform were added some time in July or August 2016, before The Nurse's release, which fuelled speculations about the then upcoming new Killer.
Spencer's Last Breath
The darkness inside feeds his determination to take the life of his prey.
Evil Within is The Shape's main Power, a 3-tier gauge which affects the Shape's ability to hunt differently for each respective phase. The Shape can stalk survivors, which fills up his current Evil Within phase. The Shape gains pure benefit from going up Evil Within stages, with the exception of his terror radius, which increases for each stage. Any survivors currently being stalked will be highlighted brightly, and more than one survivor can be stalked at once. Survivors that are hiding in foliage (corn, grass, shrubs, etc.) or are breaking line of sight will either delay or stop The Shape from gaining any points from stalking them.
The Afterpiece Tonic
Throughout his years experimenting with anaesthetics and muscle relaxants, The Clown developed several effective concoctions and formulas. His favourite, The Afterpiece Tonic, he has used to great effect, intoxicating and capturing many unwilling victims.
- Tap or hold and release the Power button to launch a bottle of The Afterpiece Tonic. On contact, the bottle will break, emitting a gas cloud that will intoxicate any Survivors within the area of effect.
- Intoxicated Survivors will suffer from impaired vision, reduced movement speed (-15 %) and involuntary coughing for 2 seconds after leaving the Gas Cloud.
Press and hold the Secondary Power button to replenish your bottles of The Afterpiece Tonic.
The Legion has a Frenzy power gauge that builds up over time. The power, Feral Frenzy, can be activated by tapping the Power button. While active, the power gauge drains rapidly and the power ends when the gauge is empty, triggering an extended recovery cool-down.
When activating Feral Frenzy, The Legion enters a deadly rage. While the power is active:
- The Legion sprints faster than base movement speed.
- The Legion can vault Pallets, but cannot break them.
- Survivors' Scratch Marks and Blood Pools are hidden from The Legion's view.
- Missing an attack ends Feral Frenzy.
While Feral Frenzy is active, hitting a Survivor who is not currently afflicted with the Deep Wound Status Effect:
- Applies the Deep Wound Status Effect.
- Injures the Survivor, if they are not already injured.
- Refills The Legion's entire power gauge.
- Triggers "Killer Instinct", revealing the location of all Survivors who do not have the Deep Wound Status Effect applied and are within The Legion's Terror Radius.
While Feral Frenzy is active, hitting a Survivor is currently afflicted with the Deep Wound Status Effect or missing an attack:
- Depletes The Legion's entire power gauge and ends the power immediately.
NOTE: Hitting a Survivor with a basic attack while Feral Frenzy is not active will deplete the power gauge by half of its maximum.
The Ghost Face
The Ghost Face used to study his victims for weeks, meticulously registering their habits. When the urge to kill swelled, he'd know exactly how and where to strike.
Press the Power button to activate Night Shroud when the Power gauge is full.
- While Night Shroud is active, Ghost Face has no Terror Radius and emits no Red Stain.
- Performing a basic attack will fully deplete the Power gauge and deactivate Night Shroud.
- Survivors within a close proximity to Ghost Face can detect him by looking in his direction for 1.5 seconds. This will fully deplete the Power gauge and automatically deactivate Night Shroud.
Hold down the Power button to stalk your victims while Night Shroud is active. Hold down the Power button while behind cover to lean out and stalk at a faster rate.
- Completing stalk progress on a Survivor will mark your target and apply the Exposed Status Effect to your Mark for a limited amount of time.
Press the Active Ability button to crouch. Press it again to stand.
- While crouched, Ghost Face moves at a slower speed.
"Don't mind me. That's it, keep going. Perfect. That's the image I'll keep of you." — The Ghost Face
Of the Abyss
An unknown and otherworldly power surged through its body. Suddenly the ground ripped open, swallowing The Demogorgon whole.
Of the Abyss:
Press and hold the Power button to fully charge and activate Of the Abyss.
All Survivors within a close proximity to an activated Portal (Yellow Aura) will be indicated by Killer Instinct.
Special Attack: Shred
Press the Attack button while charging or holding Of the Abyss to dive forwards and unleash a vicious slash.
Special Ability: Portals
Press the Active Ability button to place an inactive Portal on the ground in front of you.
Inactive Portals (White Aura) are invisible to Survivors and cannot be sealed by them.
Traversing the Upside Down
While standing on a placed Portal with a different Portal highlighted (Red Aura, press the Active Ability button again to travel through the Upside Down to arrive at the targeted Portal.
Portals become 'activated' when they are first traversed to or from. Only activated Portals may be sealed by Survivors.
The desire to destroy weaker bloodlines shaped into a literal force.
Absorb Blood Orbs left by your injured foes. Press and hold the Power button to absorb Blood Orbs in the environment and fill your Power Gauge.
When your Power Gauge is full, press and hold the Active Ability button to initiate Blood Fury.
While Blood Fury is active, The Oni becomes lethal and gains access to additional abilities: Demon Dash and Demon Strike.
Special Ability: Demon Dash
Press and hold the Power button while Blood Fury is active, to perform a Demon Dash.
This ability allows The Oni to cover large distances rapidly.
Special Attack: Demon Strike
Press and hold the Attack button while Blood Fury is active, to perform a Demon Strike in the direction you are facing.
Demon Strike has an extended Lunge range and successful hits immediately put healthy Survivors into the Dying State .