The Realms are locations within the World of The Entity . Each Realm was the site of a violent tragedy in the past and they now serve as the Arenas for The Entity's trials.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Lore
- 3 Realms & Maps
- 4 Sub-Realms
- 5 Map Sizes & Ranking
- 6 Unreleased Maps
- 7 Tiles
- 8 Trivia
Overview[edit | edit source]
The location of the trial is chosen by The Entity. Players can influence The Entity's choice by burning certain Offerings .
Trial locations have certain fixed landmarks, but elements such as player starting locations, Generators , Chests Lockers , Totems and Exit Gates are placed to The Entity's whims. Even the terrain itself shifts from trial to trial.
There are currently 12 Realms and 26 Maps featured in Dead by Daylight .
Lore[edit | edit source]
The Realms are pockets within The Entity, who constructs everything from itself except for the Killers and the Survivors. The Realms do not co-exist at all times, but are rather created whenever needed. The location of The Campfire is also located within such a pocket. The Woods and Fog beyond the Trial grounds represent the boundaries of the pocket and are just a façade.
Realms & Maps[edit | edit source]
Recurring Locations[edit | edit source]
Sub-Realms[edit | edit source]
Sub-Realms are usually different planes of existence within the Realm of The Entity. There are currently 5 known Sub-Realms:
Map Sizes & Ranking[edit | edit source]
|Rank||Map||Size in square Tiles||Size in m2|
|4||Azarov's Resting Place||168||10,752|
|6||The Pale Rose||161||10,304|
|7||Ironworks of Misery||160||10,240|
|The Thompson House|
|Mount Ormond Resort|
|11||Father Campbell's Chapel||140||8,960|
Unreleased Maps[edit | edit source]
There are currently at least 5 unreleased Maps belonging to several Realms, that can be found in the Game files:
- Mini (MacMillan Estate)
- Seb's Dream (MacMillan Estate)
- Infinite Gym (Crotus Prenn Asylum)
- Dead Lake (Backwater Swamp)
- Grim Gully (Backwater Swamp)
Tiles[edit | edit source]
- The square Tiles used for measuring reference are actually 8x8 sub-tiles, making up the larger tile assets used to construct the Maps with.
- The Game uses 3 combinations of (Master) Tiles: 16x16, 16x32 or 32x32 metres / 4, 8 or 16 squared Tiles.
- Even though each Map's Tiles change their orientation and sometimes their location from trial to trial, the outer walls and thus the Map's size remain the same.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The average Map has a size of 159 square Tiles.
- The outer walls are composed of single and double wall segments with a length of 8 metres for the single and 16 metres for the double segments.
- This allows a calculation of a map's size, with Mother's Dwelling being the largest Map with 188 and Treatment Theatre being the smallest Map with 116 square Tiles.
|Realms & Maps|
|MACMILLAN ESTATE||AUTOHAVEN WRECKERS||COLDWIND FARM||CROTUS PRENN ASYLUM||HADDONFIELD||BACKWATER SWAMP|
|Coal Tower||Azarov's Resting Place||Fractured Cowshed||Disturbed Ward||Lampkin Lane||The Pale Rose|
|Groaning Storehouse||Blood Lodge||Rancid Abattoir||Father Campbell's Chapel||Grim Pantry|
|Ironworks of Misery||Gas Heaven||Rotten Fields|
|Shelter Woods||Wreckers' Yard||The Thompson House|
|Suffocation Pit||Wretched Shop||Torment Creek|
|LÉRY'S MEMORIAL INSTITUTE||RED FOREST||SPRINGWOOD||GIDEON MEAT PLANT||YAMAOKA ESTATE||ORMOND|
|Treatment Theatre||Mother's Dwelling||Badham Preschool||The Game||Family Residence||Mount Ormond Resort|
|The Campfire||The Dream World||The Ethereal Plane||The Spirit World||The Void|
|The Basement||The Killer Shack|
|MACMILLAN ESTATE||CROTUS PRENN ASYLUM||BACKWATER SWAMP|
|Mini||Infinite Gym||Dead Lake|
|Seb's Dream||Grim Gully|