- Perk descriptions may vary from in-game descriptions for reasons explained here.
Perks support mouse-over functionality: hover over the adjectives to reveal the modifier values behind them.
|Icon||Tier I||Tier II||Tier III||Description|
|2 %||4 %||6 %||An unnatural tingle warns you of impending doom.
Get notified when the Killer is looking directly in your direction and standing within a range of 36 metres.
When Spine Chill is active, Skill Check trigger odds are increased by 10 % with success zones reduced by 10 % and your Repair, Heal and Sabotage speeds are increased by 2/4/6 %.
"There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen.." — Sassy, The Lost Tapes
|5,000 BPs||6,000 BPs||6,000 BPs|
- Buff: increased the activation range to 36 metres across all Tiers.
Affected interaction speeds
- Repairing a Generator .
- Sabotaging a Hook or Bear Trap .
- Rescuing another Survivor from a Hook , or Bear Trap .
- Attempting to free yourself from a Hook , or Bear Trap .
- Healing oneself or another Survivor.
- Vaulting speed of Windows and Pallets .
- Searching a Chest .
- Opening an Exit Gate .
- Cleansing a Totem .
- Searching a Jigsaw Box .
- Snap Out Of It progression from being afflicted by Madness (Tier III) from Carter's Spark .
Non-affected interaction speeds
Spine Chill does not apply to the following interactions:
- Recovering from the Dying State .
- "Sassy", is a moderator on the Dead by Daylight Forum, and was a member of the original moderator team on the Dead by Daylight Steam Forum.
- Spine Chill applies regardless of line of sight, or elevation (unless one is beyond the maximum detection range).
- As of Patch 3.3.0, Spine Chill now works against The Shape in Evil Within I, which it previously did not.
- Spine Chill act as advanced warning against Killer Stealth mechanics.
- Overall, it can help you tell if the Killer actually sees you when you are in the Terror Radius, as well as in what direction they likely are.