Late January 2019
Spine Chill is a Survivor Perk .
|Icon||Tier I||Tier II||Tier III||Description|
|An unnatural tingle warns you of impending doom.
Get notified when the Killer is looking directly in your direction and standing within 12/24/36 metres of range.
When Spine Chill is active, Skill Check trigger odds are increased by 10 % with success zones reduced by 10 % and your Repair, Heal and Sabotage speeds are increased by 2/4/6 %.
"There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen.." — Sassy, The Lost Tapes
|5,000 BPs||6,000 BPs||6,000 BPs|
Affected interaction speeds
- Repairing a Generator .
- Sabotaging a Hook or Bear Trap .
- Rescuing another Survivor from a Hook , or Bear Trap .
- Attempting to free yourself from a Hook , or Bear Trap .
- Healing oneself or another Survivor.
- Vaulting speed of Windows and Pallets .
- Searching a Chest .
- Opening an Exit Gate .
- Cleansing a Totem .
- Searching a Jigsaw Box .
- Snap Out Of It progression from being afflicted by Madness (Tier III) from Carter's Spark .
Non-affected interaction speeds
Spine Chill does not apply to the following interactions:
- Recovering from the Dying State .
- Spine Chill applies regardless of line of sight, or elevation (unless beyond the maximum detection range).
- Spine Chill does not work on The Shape as long as he remains in Evil Within I.
- Can act as advanced warning against stealthy perks, such as Tinkerer , Insidious , Monitor & Abuse , or stealthy Killers such as Wraith , The Pig , or The Nightmare , of which it is particularly effective against, due to the increased Skill Check trigger odds.
- Overall, it can help you tell if the Killer actually sees you when you are in the Terror Radius, as well as what direction they likely are.