Sprint Burst

From Dead by Daylight Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Sprint Burst is a Unique Survivor Perk IconHelp perks.png. It is unique to Meg Thomas until Level 35, at which point its Teachable version can then be learned and taught to the other Survivors IconHelpLoading survivor.png

Icon Tier I Tier II Tier III Description
SprintBurst.gif
60 seconds 50 seconds 40 seconds When starting to run, break into a sprint at 150 % your normal running speed for a maximum of 3 seconds.

Causes the Exhausted IconStatusEffects exhausted.png Status Effect for 60/50/40 seconds.

Sprint Burst cannot be used while Exhausted.

You do not recover from Exhaustion while running.

Unique to Meg Thomas until Level 35, at which point its Teachable version can then be learned and taught to the other Survivors.

5,000 BPs 6,000 BPs 6,000 BPs
Icon Teachable Description
Teachable sprintBurst.png
60 seconds Unlocking this Perk makes it available in the Bloodweb of all Survivors

When starting to run, break into a sprint at 150 % your normal running speed for a maximum of 3 seconds.

Causes the Exhausted Status Effect for 60 seconds.

Sprint Burst cannot be used while Exhausted.

You do not recover from Exhaustion while running.

May also be unlocked in the Shrine of Secrets

5,000 BPs


History[edit | edit source]

Version 1.0.0[edit | edit source]

Icon Tier I Tier II Tier III Description
IconPerks sprintBurst.png 40 seconds 30 seconds 20 seconds When starting to run, break into a sprint at 150 % your normal running speed for a maximum of 3 seconds.

A recuperation of 40/30/20 seconds is necessary before being able to use Sprint Burst again.

Version 1.0.2[edit | edit source]

Icon Tier I Tier II Tier III Description
IconPerks sprintBurst.png 60 seconds 50 seconds 40 seconds When starting to run, break into a sprint at 150 % your normal running speed for a maximum of 3 seconds.

A recuperation of 60/50/40 seconds is necessary before being able to use Sprint Burst again.

Version 1.3.0[edit | edit source]

Icon Tier I Tier II Tier III Description
IconPerks sprintBurst.png 60 seconds 50 seconds 40 seconds When starting to run, break into a sprint at 150 % your normal running speed for a maximum of 3 seconds.

A recuperation of 60/50/40 seconds is necessary before being able to use Sprint Burst again. Recuperation time is doubled while running.

Version 1.5.0[edit | edit source]

Icon Tier I Tier II Tier III Description
IconPerks sprintBurst.png 60 seconds 50 seconds 40 seconds When starting to run, break into a sprint at 150 % your normal running speed for a maximum of 3 seconds.

Causes Exhaustion for 60/50/40 seconds.


Change Log[edit | edit source]

Patch 1.0.2[edit | edit source]

  • Nerf: Sprint Burst's cool-down was increased to 60/50/40 seconds.

Patch 1.3.0[edit | edit source]

  • Nerf: Sprint Burst's cool-down takes twice as long to recharge when sprinting.

Patch 1.4.2[edit | edit source]

  • Quality of Life: activating Sprint Burst if you press the shift key while in the Dying State has been fixed.

Patch 1.5.0[edit | edit source]

  • Mechanics Change: Sprint Burst now causes Exhaustion IconStatusEffects exhausted.png, preventing the combined use of multiple sprint-inducing Perks.

Patch 2.1.0[edit | edit source]

  • Nerf: Exhaustion IconStatusEffects exhausted.png no longer recovers while running.


Trivia[edit | edit source]

  • Sprint Burst can be 'saved' while a Survivor is Exhausted: as Exhaustion doesn't recover while running, a common tactic is to let Exhaustion recover to 99%, then run continuously. When the Survivor wants to trigger Sprint Burst, they can briefly stop running, recover the remaining 1% of their Exhaustion, then run again to trigger Sprint Burst.
  • Sprint Burst can be inefficiently activated when attempting to quickly vault a Window IconHelp window.png or Pallet IconHelp pullDown.png, or exit a Locker IconHelp lockers.png, reducing the available speed boost duration.
  • Triggering Sprint Burst by tapping the run button, then walking, will produce a movement akin to a jog. While it's faster than walking and produces no Scratch Marks, it makes as much audible noise as running.
    • Likewise, activating Sprint Burst while standing, then proceeding to crouch-walk, will provide a brief window of fast moving crouched speed (similar to the effect of Urban Evasion IconPerks urbanEvasion.png).