The Stain is an integral Game Mechanic in Dead by Daylight .
Overview[edit | edit source]
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Visibility[edit | edit source]
Killers can only see The Stain at the beginning of the trial; they cannot see it during the game. Survivors are constantly able to see The Stain on the floor, unless it is hidden by the use of cloaking-Perks or Powers.
The Stain can potentially betray the Killer's position and movement, as Survivors can see it edging out from around corners even if they cannot actually see The Killer themselves yet. A clever Killer can walk backwards or sideways around corners or walls to prevent Survivors from being able to see The Stain this way.
Hiding the Stain[edit | edit source]
There are 5 ways to hide The Stain:
- Being in Evil Within I as The Shape .
- By using the Killer Perks Insidious or Beast Of Prey .
- By using the "The Ghost" - White Add-on as The Wraith .
- By using the Granma's Heart Add-on for the Hag .
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is suspected that the intensity of The Stain is directly linked to the range of the Terror Radius the Killer has, meaning that Killers with a shorter Terror Radius have a fainter Stain and Killers with a larger Terror Radius have a stronger Stain.