23 June to 14 July 2020
- Perk descriptions may vary from in-game descriptions for reasons explained here.
Perks support Mouse-over functionality (desktop version only): hovering over the modifier words with your cursor will reveal the values behind them.
|Icon||Tier I||Tier II||Tier III||Description|
|2 Tokens||3 Tokens||4 Tokens||Getting close to the Killer fills you with determination.
For each 15 seconds you are standing within the Killer's Terror Radius and are not in a Chase, you gain a Token up to a maximum of 2/3/4 Tokens.
When Stake Out has at least 1 Token, Good Skill Checks are considered Great Skill Checks, consume 1 Token, and grant an additional Progression bonus of 1 %.
"I had you, I had you on your knees. You're runnin' scared because we had you. We're gonna close this case!" — Detective David Tapp
- Quality of Life: no longer loses partial progression when consuming a Token.
- Buff: increases the Token-based Great Skill Check's Progression bonus by 1 %.
- Stake Out does not consume a Token if you succeed a regular Great Skill Check.
- The Lullabies of The Nightmare and The Huntress do not give any progression towards Tokens.
- Stake Out can be used in a similar fashion to Premonition or Spine Chill , alerting you to being in the Killer's Terror Radius as long as the Perk has less than 4 Tokens.
- Stake Out does not gain any Tokens when in the Dying State or when hooked.
- It is not advised to use Stake Out together with Autodidact as Autodidact disables Great Healing Skill Checks, cancelling out the benefits of Stake Out.
|Entering the Terror Radius||Stake Out gaining a Token||Stake Out in effect||Leaving the Terror Radius|