23 June to 14 July 2020
I did some testing and discovered something about Freddy terror radius that I think should probably be included on this page somewhere.
Freddy's Lullaby really isn't a terror radius in any sense of the word (as the wiki mentions). But his actual terror radius (the heartbeat you hear while in the dream state) still affects survivors even when they are awake. It is just when you are awake you simply don't hear the heartbeat.
What I mean by this is Perks such as Stake Out still get stacks if you are awake and within Freddy's heartbeat. It is not the Lullaby that gives the stakeout stacks, because if Freddy has Monitor and Abuse you can be in his Lullaby without getting Stake Out stacks. Likewise, if Freddy has Distressing you can get Stake Out stacks while not hearing his lullaby at all (because you are actually in his terror radius even though you can't hear it).
This interaction of the underworld heartbeat affecting perks applies to the perks Overwhelming Presence, Unnerving Presence, Coulrophobia, Stake Out, and Object of Obsession. (I think it effects Borrowed time as well, but I didn't explicitly test this perk). 126.96.36.199 18:27, 19 July 2018 (UTC)Jinxer
- Doc, I probably should have been clearer. The Nightmare's Lullaby does not interact with perks in any way. But his heartbeat (what you hear when asleep) does. The Nightmare's heartbeat is always there, even if you are awake, it interacts with all perks in the normal heartbeat way and applies to survivors who are awake.
- For for example, if Freddy hooks someone and stands by the hook borrowed time will proc because his actual terror radius is there (even though the survivors are awake and can't hear it). However, if he has insidious then borrowed time will not go off even though both survivors hear the lullaby. This is because the actual silent terror radius has been reduced to zero. 188.8.131.52 20:52, 19 July 2018 (UTC)Jinxer
- Okay. You changed the wiki to say "The Nightmare's Lullaby does act like a Terror Radius as far as its interaction with Perks is concerned". To me this sounds like you are saying that if Freddy has Overwhelming Presence it will effect survivors as long as survivors are in the lullaby range, which is not necessarily the case. It also makes it seem like maybe Insidious would make the lullaby go away, which it doesn't. What am I missing here? 184.108.40.206 21:13, 19 July 2018 (UTC)Jinxer
Hiding the heartbeat[edit source]
Some new info can be added in the Hiding the Heartbeat section.
- Tinkerer now reduces terror radius to 0 for 12 seconds.
- Freddy with Red Paint Brush and Monitor & Abuse will have 0 terror radius while not in a chase, could be useful to add.
Missing perks which affect the hearbeat[edit source]
This page does not mention the following perks which are associated with the terror radius; Coulrophobia, which slows down healing speed of survivors within the terror radius, Furtive Chase, which reduces your terror radius while in a chase by 4 meters for every token, and Infectious Fright, which makes any survivors within the terror radius scream whenever someone is put into dying state. R1ch4rd N1x0n (talk)