They were announced on Dead by Daylight's 3 Year Anniversary Stream.
The Archives offer new goals for players, and allow for a more narrative experience further expanding the Dead by Daylight universe.
The Observer has a unique power, with which he can probe the Entity's Fog and find memories and stories that are stored in her memories. All these memories are stored in the Fog once a Character is taken, with the Entity not making any use of it, thus getting forgotten.
At the core of The Archives is the Auris, a device capable of peering into the memories of those who’ve entered the Fog. Through this device, the players access a series of Challenges to help them piece together these memories and his overall role.
New Tomes are regularly added to The Archives. Each Tome is released with one level of challenges, and further levels become accessible over time. Once a new level is available, it can be accessed by reaching the Epilogue of the previous level.
You can accept one challenge at a time.
Most challenges can be completed in multiple trials and will reward Bloodpoints . Master Challenges must be completed in one Trial, but they offer greater rewards and occasionally unlock entries in the Tome's collection. The Collection is a window into the stories of the Dead by Daylight Characters , containing memories, logs and animated sequences.
If there is an open Rift, the challenges in the current Tome will also award Rift Fragments . These fragments unlock Tiers of rewards in the Rift.
Memories & Logs
Completing Master Challenges unlocks a log entry or a memory in the current Tome's Collection. These entries expand the Lore of Dead by Daylight and are read by The Observer.
Tome I - Awakening
- Bring the Light: Repair a total of 2 Generators
- Savior: Unhook 2 Survivors safely (Unlocks the next entry for The Hunger)
- Patched Up: Heal 4 Health States of any Survivor
- Liberator: Unhook 5 Survivors safely
- Skilled Operator: Succeed at 12 Skill Checks
- This is Happening: Get a Great result on 2 skill checks using the Perk This Is Not Happening (Unlocks the next entry for The Hunger)
- Claudette's Determination: As Claudette Morel, escape a trial (Unlocks the next entry for Claudette's 8th Birthday)
- The Last Place you Look: Search 5 Chests
- Plunder King: Search 2 Chests using the perk Plunderer's Instinct (Unlocks the next entry for The Hunger)
- Craft Time's Over: Cleanse 8 Totems
- Empathic: Completely heal 2 Health States using the Perk Empathy (Unlocks the next entry for Claudette's 8th Birthday)
- Gruesome: Hook 8 Survivors
- Scrapyard: Damage 6 Generators
- Mechanical Obsession: Damage the same Generator 2 times (Unlocks the next entry for Blood, Brass and Grit)
- Brutal Breaker: Damage a Generator or destroy a dropped Pallet 4 times using the Perk Brutal Strength . (Unlocks the next entry for Blood, Brass and Grit)
- Hungry Jaws: Catch a Survivor in a Bear Trap 2 times as The Trapper (Unlocks the next entry for Blood, Brass and Grit)
- Dark Triumph: Sacrifice 1 Survivor to The Entity during the Endgame Collapse (Unlocks the next entry for The Hunger)
- Reverent: Sacrifice 5 Survivors to the Entity
- None Shall Survive: Kill all Survivors in a Trial 1 time (Unlocks the next entry for The Hunger)
|Inner Eye||Uncommon||A mysterious frequency awakens the inner eye of those who seek the truth.|
- Main article: The Rift
When The Observer probes inside the Fog, a Rift is created. The Rift is a way for Players to get additional cosmetics.
Each Tome will always be accompanied by a new Rift, a tear through the Entity's Fog containing a multitude of rewards from other worlds and memories. These time-limited rewards will be earned simply by playing the game and progressing in The Tome. Most of these rewards will be related to the current Tome’s lore and/or seasonal events.
Rifts contain rewards for both Killers and Survivors. Collect Rift Fragments to increase your Tier in the Rift and unlock more rewards.
When a Rift is open, Rift Fragments can be collected by earning XP and completing challenges in the current Tome.
There are two tracks of rewards:
- A free one
- A Premium one, which adds more cosmetics. This track can be unlocked by buying a Rift Pass with Auric Cells .
Charms are rewards for completing Tomes or unlocking Tiers in the Rift. They can be equipped on a Survivor's belt or on a Killer's Hook .
Each Tome and Rift have their specific completion Charm
Tome I - Awakening
- Tomes are permanent. This means, if a Player didn't complete a Tome and another one was released, they can still work on their current Tome.
- The Rift, however, lasts for the duration of their respective Tome.
- Charms were leaked alongside the Ghost Face on the 2.7.0 Mid-Chapter Update. The Developers released a Dev Build instead of the Update for some Players. As soon as they realized this happened, they forced all Players out of the game and the ones to have this Build had to download the right Update. However, multiple screenshots were taken and some Players were streaming at the moment.
- However, until the Developers announced The Archives, the Charms were thought to be part of the 3 Year Anniversary Event.