|“||"Whether Killers perform their heinous acts by the compulsions of their diseased minds, or if they are forced into them by external pressures, has long been a matter of debate. But for one Killer, nature and nurture are inextricably linked. Leatherface kills not from a desire to exert his will over others, to satisfy carnal urges, or even to quiet the voices in his head. He kills because he is scared. Scared that others will hurt him; scared that his family will be displeased with him, scared that their shared willingness to eat human flesh will be discovered."||„|
|~ Unknown (Potentially Benedict Baker)|
(unofficial: Coldwind Farm)
Alt. Attack =
|115 % | 4.6 m/s|
Alt. Mov. Speed
|115-126.5 % ||
4.6-5.06 m/s (Chainsaw Sweep)
|Filip Ivanovic (Art Director)|
He was introduced with PARAGRAPH II: LEATHERFACE™, a Paragraph DLC released on 14 September 2017.
He originates from the 1974 Horror Movie franchise The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
The Cannibal is a chainsaw-wielding Killer, able to trigger a deadly frenzy using his Power, immediately downing anyone in its path.
His Perks revolve around the unknown. Nobody knows where anyone is, especially The Cannibal himself. You are not aware of his presence until his Chainsaw bursts through your spinal cord.
Difficulty rating: Easy (Developer & Community)
(based on the amount of time and effort that is required to properly learn to play him and use his Power effectively)
Whether killers perform their heinous acts by the compulsions of their diseased minds, or if they are forced into them by external pressures, has long been a matter of debate. But for one killer, nature and nurture are inextricably linked.
Leatherface kills not from a desire to exert his will over others, to satisfy carnal urges, or even to quiet the voices in his head. He kills because he is scared. Scared that others will hurt him; scared that his family will be displeased with him, scared that their shared willingness to eat human flesh will be discovered.
He does as he is told. His family loves him and that is all that matters. Outsiders are a threat, and threats need to be dealt with.
Like those kids that came into the house, uninvited. Walked in like they owned the place. Looked around the house, trying to find out his family’s secrets, no doubt. But Leatherface deals with them, and protects his family just as he’s been taught.
He is not just protector, he has many roles, and each role has its own face. He serves dinner, cares for the family, and dresses well when they eat. His Grandpa and Ma used to care for them all, but Grandpa, he is old now and Ma has been still for a while, so Leatherface and his brothers had to take over. Family is everything to him. Family is security and safety.
But, even though he did his best, one of the kids got away. He tried to stop her, chasing after her as fast as he could, but she had help: another outsider, driving a truck. The evil trucker killed his brother, ran him over like he was a possum. In a fury, Leatherface leapt at him, the saw ready to avenge his family, but the trucker was too quick. He knocked Leatherface aside and turned his own saw against him.
As he watched the outsiders driving away, the rage, grief and pain combined with the worry about what would happen to his family now. They would surely return with the police, and the police would take his brothers, his Grandpa. Without them, what would he do? Without their commands, he would wither and die.
As his world collapsed, Leatherface spun in circles, swinging the saw all around, trying to fight off the myriad external threats that surrounded him.
Then another feeling overtook him. It came from outside his vision, crawling over his skin with cold dread. He realised that no matter what outsiders could do to him, there was something worse, something bigger that lived in the shadows. He was filled with a terror unlike any he had ever felt before. But it was almost comforting, like the fear he'd felt with his family. The fear of disappointing them.
He was brought to a place that was familiar but unknowable, and he instinctively knew what he had to do. He couldn't fail it, the way he had his family. Outsiders would come but he would use his skills to overcome any threats. There would be screaming, but he could make the world quiet again. Until the only sound remaining was the blessed howl of the saw.
Let the outsiders come.
The Cannibal's Perks
These are Perks which start off only appearing in The Cannibal's Bloodweb . After achieving Level 30, Teachable versions of these Perks can be found:
- Knock Out - Level 30
- Barbecue & Chilli - Level 35
- Franklin's Demise - Level 40
Once obtained, other Killers will be able to find The Cannibal's Perks in their respective Bloodwebs from that point onwards.
The trauma caused by your brutal attacks makes crying for help painfully difficult.
Dying Survivors' Auras are not revealed to other Survivors when they are standing outside of a range of 32/24/16 metres.
"Oh, that gun's no good. The old way... with a sledge! You see, that way's better. They die better that way." — Nubbins Sawyer
|Barbecue & Chilli||
A deep bond with The Entity unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability.
The bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded post-Trial.
"I just can't take no pleasure in killing. There's just some things you gotta do. Don't mean you have to like it." — Drayton Sawyer
Your vicious Basic Attacks make the Survivors drop their Item on impact.
The lost Item is damaged in the fall, losing 0/5/10 % of its base amount of Charges.
"Sally, I hear something. Stop! Stop!" — Franklin Hardesty
Weapon: The Sledge
The Sledge is the Primary Weapon of The Cannibal. The Sledge might be old-fashioned but it is still the fastest and cleanest way to put down cattle.
- When he gets a successful hit to a Survivors , The Cannibal will shake the blood off of his Weapon.
- When he's about to perform his Memento Mori , he first hits the Survivor in the head with his Weapon, then lowers it before revving up Bubba's Chainsaw.
Power: Bubba's Chainsaw
|“||An incredibly powerful and heavy Chainsaw which sank its teeth into countless victims.
A suitable birthday gift for The Cannibal.
Press and hold the Power button to charge the Chainsaw:
- Start a timed Chainsaw Sweep upon activation.
- Can hit multiple Survivors in one Chainsaw Sweep.
- The Chainsaw Sweep stops automatically after 7 swings or upon bumping into an object.
- Bumping into an object forces The Cannibal into a Tantrum, whereupon he wildly swings his Chainsaw around.
- Survivors hit by Bubba's Chainsaw are automatically put victims into the Dying State .
- Bubba's Chainsaw has default charge and cool-down times of 2 seconds.
- The Cannibal's Tantrum has a default duration of 5 seconds.
- The Chainsaw Noise can be heard within 60 metres.
- Looking at the ground while Bubba's Chainsaw is active can extend the reach of the chainsaw by a minuscule amount.
Add-ons for Bubba's Chainsaw
- Add-ons support Mouse-over functionality (desktop version only): hovering over the modifier words with your cursor will reveal the values behind them.
|Vegetable Oil||A rancid oil used as a poor quality lubricant.
|Spark Plug||A clean spark plug fitted for a Chainsaw.
|Chainsaw File||A file whose purpose is to hone Chainsaw chains.
|Speed Limiter||A mechanical device that limits the amount of fuel small engines can intake at one time, forcing a constant and safe speed.
|Shop Lubricant||An oil specifically formulated for Chainsaws. A special additive prevents oil throw off.
|Primer Bulb||Pumps more gas in the ignition system to ensure a quick and powerful start.
|Long Guide Bar||A sturdy iron replacement bar for long chains.
|Knife Scratches||Scratches cover the Chainsaw's body, caused by a searing blade. Memories of reprimands fill its holder with the fear of failure.
|Homemade Muffler||A makeshift exhaust system made of black gas pipes.
|Grisly Chains||A chain with unusually hefty cutter teeth that leaves victims crippled even after being healed.
Grisly Chains does not stack with other Chain Add-ons.
|Depth Gauge Rake||Tool that increases the angle of the depth gauge, making the chain eat more "wood".
|Chilli||A big bowl of steaming Chilli to keep you fresh and strong.
"I got some good barbecue here!" — Drayton Sawyer
|The Grease||A thick yellowish ooze, concocted by the Sawyers. Used for all-purpose lubrication around their house.
|The Beast's Marks||Jagged marks cover the Chainsaw's body, punishment from the dark beast that lives in The Fog. Memories of violent reprimands fill its holder with the fear of failure.
|Rusted Chains||This chain is covered with crusty and volatile rust spots that make injuries particularly difficult to heal.
Rusted Chains does not stack with other Chain Add-ons.
|Light Chassis||A light and durable Chainsaw chassis with a shorter guide bar. Makes the Chainsaw easier to handle.
|Carburettor Tuning Guide||A crudely drawn guide to properly adjust and tune a Chainsaw carburettor.
|Begrimed Chains||This chain is stained with a foul substance that debilitates anyone it touches.
Begrimed Chains does not stack with other Chain Add-ons.
|Award-winning Chilli||A big bowl of spicy Chilli made famous thanks to prime meat.
"The secret's in the meat" — Drayton Sawyer
- Main article: Achievements
There are currently 2 Achievements related to The Cannibal.
|Adept Cannibal||Achieve a Merciless Victory with The Cannibal using only his Unique Perks: Knock Out , Barbecue & Chilli & Franklin's Demise .|
|Butcherin'||With The Cannibal , successfully chainsaw a total of 100 Survivors .|
Players may customise their Character by choosing one outfit style from each category. Blood-stained attire is obtained after The Cannibal reaches Level 50 and prestiges.
The Cannibal, as a unique case, has 4 customisation options based on the four original Survivors, Dwight, Meg, Claudette & Jake, that start out locked.
They are unlocked by sacrificing 25 of the respective Survivor.
The Cannibal's attire includes:
- Main article: Downloadable Content
The Cannibal is currently part of 1 DLC package:
- While revving the chainsaw, The Cannibal moves slower than survivors. Use the Chainsaw when close to Survivors.
- Bumping into objects will result in a long stun animation.
- If Survivor tries to avoid the Chainsaw charge by jumping into a Locker, simply bump into the Locker. If the Survivor exits they will get downed by the Chainsaw, and if they wait it out they will be easy to catch.
- Use the Chainsaw to counter Hook saves by downing both the rescuer and the rescued Survivor in a single sweep.
- A Chainsaw Sweep is especially strong against basement rescues.
- Try to use the Chainsaw Sweep in open spaces rather than in clustered places, as it is easy to bump into objects and get stunned.
- While it is intended as (and usually is) a penalty, the bonus tantrum duration on Award-winning Chilli can sometimes prove to be more useful than its main effect, as Survivors will sometimes run into your Tantrum because they don't expect the extra duration.
- Dead by Daylight's Leatherface is based off the Killer mask Leatherface from the 1974 movie The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.
- The name Bubba Sawyer originated from the 1986 sequel The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, which is a direct sequel to the original movie.
- The Cannibal is the fourth licensed Character to be introduced to Dead by Daylight.
- He is the second licensed Killer to be introduced.
- The Hillbilly is said to be based directly on Leatherface and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise, explaining their similarities in looks and abilities.
- The Cannibal is one of four Killers that can instantly put Survivors into the Dying State without any Perks or Add-ons .
- During a Tantrum, The Cannibal's speed is reduced to about that of the Nurse when she is warp fatigued.
- The Cannibal's Memento Mori animation was the first one in which the Survivor attempts to get up on their own.
- The Cannibal's Memento Mori is a reference to Kirk's death in the original film.
- The Cannibal is the fourth Killer to wear face masks.
- The Cannibal is one of the most human-looking Killers in the game, as he doesn't have any unnatural alterations to his appearance like most of the other Killers.
- The Cannibal is one of just two Killers without an associated Realm, though unofficially, and due to his promotion-material featuring him in it, the Coldwind Farm can be considered his associated Realm.
For more go to the Cannibal's Gallery
Sketches Of The Cannibal And The Nightmare
|BASE GAME||CHAPTERS I-III
+ PARAGRAPH I
|CHAPTERS IV-VII||CHAPTERS VIII-XI||PARAGRAPH III|
+ CHAPTERS XIII-XIV
|Dwight Fairfield||Nea Karlsson||Feng Min||Kate Denson||Ash Williams|
|Meg Thomas||Laurie Strode||David King||Adam Francis||Nancy Wheeler|
|Claudette Morel||Ace Visconti||Quentin Smith||Jeff Johansen||Steve Harrington|
|Jake Park||Bill Overbeck||David Tapp||Jane Romero||Yui Kimura|
|BASE GAME||CHAPTERS I-III||CHAPTERS IV+V
+ PARAGRAPH I
|CHAPTERS VI-VIII||CHAPTERS IX-XI|
|The Trapper - Evan MacMillan||The Nurse - Sally Smithson||The Doctor - Herman Carter||The Nightmare - Freddy Krueger||The Spirit - Rin Yamaoka|
|The Wraith - Philip Ojomo||The Shape - Michael Myers||The Huntress - Anna||The Pig - Amanda Young||The Legion - Frank, Julie, Susie, Joey|
|The Hillbilly - Max Thompson Jr.||The Hag - Lisa Sherwood||The Cannibal - Bubba Sawyer||The Clown - Jeffrey Hawk||The Plague - Adiris|
|CHAPTERS XII-XIV||CHAPTERS XV+XVI|
|The Ghost Face - Danny Johnson||The Deathslinger - Caleb Quinn|
|The Demogorgon||The Executioner|
|The Oni - Kazan Yamaoka|
|Benedict Baker||The Entity||The Observer||Vigo||and many more...|
|The Smasher||The Teacher|