|“||“At first I actually believed that it was a pig that slept in front of me on the ground. An animal that somehow had eluded the banalities of my old life and managed to end up at this forsaken and forgotten place. But then it rose, from crouch to standing, with its lifeless eyes nailed to my person. I ran, as I have so brutally learnt to do. My curiosity halted my escape after a few feet and I hid in a cabinet. The Pig moved like a predator – and I saw: a human body wearing a pig’s head as ornament. It walked by the cabinet and its snout was just a few inches away from me. I held my breath, aching for freedom. A sudden sound caught the pig’s attention and it walked away. But not without giving me a last, final glance, as if it wanted to inform me that I was given a second chance. I will not get a third.”||„|
|~ Unknown (Potentially Benedict Baker)|
|Gideon Meat Plant|
Alternate Attack =
|115 % | 4.6 m/s|
|92 % | 3.68 m/s (Crouch)|
|160 % | 6.4 m/s (Dash)|
|The SAW™ Chapter|
|Slasher Character 11|
She was introduced as the Killer of CHAPTER VII: The SAW™ Chapter, a Chapter DLC released on 23 January 2018.
She originates from the 2004 Horror Movie franchise of the same name, SAW.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Lore
- 3 The Pig's Perks
- 4 Load-out
- 5 Achievements
- 6 Customisation
- 7 DLC
- 8 Change Log
- 9 Tips
- 10 Trivia
- 11 Gallery
The Pig is a tormenting Killer, able to crouch into stealth mode, then ambush Survivors from a short distance. She can also apply Reverse Bear Traps to downed Survivors, forcing them to remove it before the timer runs out, triggering an instant death.
The focus of her Perks is on pain and torture. A Hook is not that easy to flee from and all Survivors will be seriously tested when it comes to Skill Checks.
Difficulty rating: Intermediate
(based on the amount of time and effort that is required to properly learn to play her and use her Power effectively)
When John Kramer, better known as Jigsaw, planned for his son to be born during the Chinese Zodiac's Year of the Pig, he wanted it to represent fertility and rebirth; a new beginning for him and his wife, and the start of a charmed life for his son. But that plan was shattered on the night that a junkie broke into his wife's clinic, hoping to score.
After this event resulted in the death of his unborn son, John finally caught up with the junkie, making him his first test subject, and The Pig was changed forever too. It became a representation of the disease that was rotting John from the inside, a reminder that we are just meat unless we elevate ourselves by our actions, by grasping life from the jaws of death. The Pig became a vessel, an agent of Jigsaw, conveying the subjects to their test. For some of those who emerged victorious, The Pig could still be a rebirth, into their new lives as apprentices, even disciples, of Jigsaw.
That was the case for Amanda Young, a troubled soul, whose life had been a catalogue of harm, both to herself and those around her. That changed when she faced, and bested, Jigsaw's test. Deciding her life was worth something, she became devoted to Jigsaw's cause, ready to take over when cancer consumed him.
But she became more dependent on John, her anguish at his impending death combining with a belief that their test subjects weren't capable of saving themselves, of being reborn in the crucible of the games.
Seeing this, John presented her with another game, another chance to save herself, but Amanda let her rage and jealousy rule her actions. She failed the test and took a bullet as a consequence.
Bleeding out on the tiled floor, darkness engulfed Amanda's vision, accompanied by a sound like creaking wood. Then she was in a forest, once more viewing the world through the eyes of a Pig. Trees surrounded her, their branches clawing at her from all sides. Waves of panic washed over her and she could hear her breath reverberating inside the mask.
Had she been damned, cursed to spend her days here, in this guise? Or maybe this was another test? Maybe she hadn't failed at all? John always thought one step ahead of everyone else, planned for every eventuality, and he would never give up on her, surely?
Jigsaw may have gone but he had passed her onto another. A being for whom she would be The Pig again.
Ultimately, she saw now that she had been right in the choices she had made. The time for games was over. There was no chance of redemption for any of them. They were meat, and meat was destined to die.
The Pig's Perks
These are Perks which start off only appearing in The Pig's Bloodweb . After achieving Level 30, Teachable versions of these Perks can be found:
- Hangman's Trick - Level 30
- Surveillance - Level 35
- Make Your Choice - Level 40
Once obtained, other Killers will be able to find The Pig's Perks in their respective Bloodwebs from that point onwards.
Your ingenious modifications to Hooks prevent tampering and permanent damage.
Hooks destroyed by sabotage or sacrifices repair automatically after 30/20/10 seconds.
Gain a notification when someone starts sabotaging the Hooks.
The automatic repair timer of sabotaged Bear Traps is reduced by 60 seconds.
"No excuses, no equivocations... No crying." — Amanda Young
Unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability.
Noises created by Generator Repairs are audible at an additional 8 metres.
"Are you gonna behave?" — Amanda Young
|Make Your Choice||
Make Your Choice has a cool-down of 40/50/60 seconds.
"You'd be surprised what tools can save a life." — Amanda Young
Weapon: Hidden Blade
A razor-sharp blade, attached to a mechanical contraption that can conceal or extend it.
Power: Jigsaw's Baptism
"You will give everything to me, every cell in your body. The marks on your arms, they're from another life. We'll leave that life behind. When you walk down that corridor there is no turning back. Do you understand that?" — Jigsaw's Baptism
Forever devoted to her master's cause, she punished the ungrateful and the guilty with slyness and murderous puzzles. The Pig can move stealthily, dash in ambush attacks and put deadly Reverse Bear Traps on Survivors' heads.
Use the Secondary Power interaction to assume a crouching position. While crouching:
The Pig has no Terror Radius. Activate the attack interaction to dash and perform an ambush attack. Start the trial with 4 Reverse Bear Traps:
- Reverse Bear Traps are put on Dying Survivors.
- Reverse Bear Traps automatically sacrifice the Survivor when they trigger.
- Active Reverse Bear Traps trigger automatically beyond the Exit Gates .
- Reverse Bear Traps trigger once their timers expire.
- Reverse Bear Traps timers start when a Generator is completed.
- Survivors can free themselves from Reverse Bear Traps by searching Jigsaw Boxes found around the Map to find the correct Key..
- Survivors take 12 seconds by default to search a Jigsaw Box.
- Reverse Bear Trap timers expire in 150 seconds or 2 minutes and 30 seconds by default.
- The crouching animation or "transition" takes 1.3 seconds.
- It takes 3.3 seconds by default to put a Reverse Bear Trap onto a Survivor's head.
- The Dash lets her cover a distance of 16 metres in 2.5 seconds.
- Upon crouching, her Terror Radius and Red Stain fade to 0 metres over the time of 4 seconds, and vice versa when standing back up.
- The exception to this is an Ambush Attack, which will increase the Terror Radius to its default range immediately after procuring the loud roar.
Add-ons for Jigsaw's Baptism
|Workshop Grease||A modification to the Jigsaw Box: the lubricated parts make the search a more delicate exercise.
|Shattered Syringe||Symbol of a broken way of life. Reminiscing about her past-self hardens her determination.
|John's Medical File||The medical file of a cancerous man. Fills the reader with dread and recklessness.
|Combat Straps||Leather straps that hold fabric in place for nimbler movement.
|Video Tape||A recording of Jigsaw, explaining the game's rules to Amanda. Reminiscing about her past-self hardens her determination.
|Utility Blades||A modification to the Reverse Bear Trap: sharp blades attached to the Trap's interior lacerate the victim with every movement.
|Razor Wires||A modification to the Jigsaw Box: the addition of razor sharp wires makes it extra difficult and potentially painful to search them.
|Last Will||A latched wooden box with a satin lining, offered as part of a last will.
|Face Mask||A modification to the Reverse Bear Trap: the heavy cloth face mask, laced with a sedative, partially suffocates the target, making it hard to concentrate.
|Slow-Release Toxin||A modification to the Reverse Bear Trap: a poison that is not fatal, but weakens the body and makes it nearly impossible to recover fully from any effort.
|Rusty Attachments||A modification to the Reverse Bear Trap: mouth spikes, covered with crusty and volatile rust spots that make injuries particularly difficult to heal.
|Jigsaw's Annotated Plan||A disturbing, yet brilliant, Trap design laid down on paper and annotated by Jigsaw.
|Interlocking Razor||A modification to the Jigsaw Box: the addition of interlocking razor blades makes it impossible to move suddenly in the Jigsaw Box without slitting one's wrists.
|Bag of Gears||A few mechanical parts that allow the creation of challenging Jigsaw Boxes and easier to install Reverse Bear Traps.
|Tampered Timer||A timer that has been fiddled with. A spring in the mechanism forces the gears to turn faster.
|Jigsaw's Sketch||A disturbing, yet brilliant, Trap design sketched in detail on a sheet of paper.
|Crate of Gears||This collection of mechanical parts allows the creation of extra-challenging Jigsaw Boxes and Reverse Bear Traps that are easier to install.
|Amanda's Secret||A black metal box containing a knife and various medical supplies, such as bandages and compresses. Deep cuts reduce stress and awaken the senses.
|Rules Set No.2||Not all games need to have the same rules.
"Listen, there are rules." — Jigsaw
|Amanda's Letter||A blackmailing Letter for the attention of Amanda. Fills the reader with rage and focus.
"Amanda, you were with Cecil the night Jill lost Gideon. You killed their child. You know it and I know it." — Amanda's Letter
- Main article: Achievements
There are currently 2 Achievements related to The Pig.
|Adept Pig||Achieve a Merciless Victory with The Pig using only her Unique Perks: Hangman's Trick , Surveillance & Make Your Choice .|
|I Want To Play A Game||With The Pig , put a total of 125 Reverse Bear Traps on Survivors .|
Players may customise their Character by choosing one outfit style from each category. Blood-stained attire is obtained after The Pig reaches Level 50 and prestiges.
The Pig's attire includes:
- Main article: Downloadable Content
The Pig is currently part of 1 DLC package:
- Increased the Terror Radius from 28 metres to 32 metres.
- Reduced the fade-in/fade-out timer from 6.6 seconds down to ~4 seconds.
- Decreased the base crouch and uncrouch duration from 2 seconds to 1.3 seconds.
- The Reverse Bear Trap's main purpose is not to kill Survivors, but stall them. Use them as distraction tools to force Survivors to lose time and make mistakes.
- Reverse Bear Traps can be used as early or endgame tools.
- Once a Survivor is trapped, you will have at least one Survivor unable to work on Generators as they will be searching Jigsaw Boxes instead. Remember not to actively follow the Survivor, since if you do the timer will stop ticking, but if you run into them while chasing someone else to trap, hit them to stall them or down them. Do not apply the trap to Survivors in their last Hook.
- If using them as endgame tools, apply a trap as soon as possible if there are two or one Generators left. RBTs only activate on Generators being fully repaired, so they are useless after the last repair. Survivors won't be able to exit the trial with the RBT on and will be easy prey, turn into bait for other Survivors and being unable to exit the Trial even if they are rescued.
- It's easy to keep track of trapped survivors, since the RBTs make noises constantly. If the Survivor is searching Jigsaw Boxes they also grunt louder and you can hear metallic noises coming from the Boxes.
- Crouching is a way to disguise yourself as another Survivor. Stay in badly lit areas and try to hide using the scenery if you are close to a Generator, especially in the beginning of the match.
- RBT cannot be replenished and should be used wisely. A Survivor can be trapped with a RBT as many times as you have RBTs left.
- When an RBT is placed on a Survivor, that trap gets an ID. A matching key with the same ID is then placed randomly into one of the Jigsaw Boxes. Only that Box will remove that specific RBT (100 % chance), the others will not (0 % chance). Any Box can contain more than one key. This is a way to guarantee that the chance of finding the key to an RBT is completely random.
- For additional and more detailed information about the Character of Amanda Young from the SAW™ franchise, please refer to the SAW™ Wiki Article.
- The Pig is the fourth female Killer.
- Unlike most other female Killers, she has a normal movement speed.
- The Pig is the first Killer to have a second interaction with downed Survivors other than the Memento Mori .
- The Pig is the second Killer to have a secondary attack mode (Standard and Ambush) along side Doctor .
- The Pig is the fifth Killer to wear a Mask.
- The Pig is the seventh licensed Character and the fourth licensed Killer.
- When crouched, Crows are not alerted to your position.
- The Pig is the first Killer with two different weapon cool-downs.
- Due to being short, The Pig, unlike most other Killers, who simply step over Windows when vaulting, grabs the Window with both hands and lifts herself over it.
For more go to the Pig's Gallery