|“||There's another apparition, more terrifying than anything I've ever seen, hunting amongst the shadows here. It moves like a silhouette, appearing and disappearing at the sound of a dreaded bell. It's impossible to track it. Several times it has caught me without me even seeing it closing in. Often convinced I have my back covered, it has promptly materialized right behind me to strike from close range. Stay still and watch the fog. Don't move, don't blink and for god's sake don't breathe. If you can control your fear long enough and can show self control, sometimes it is possible to see its shimmer as it glides forward if caught at just the right light. I pray for your safety.||„|
|~ Benedict Baker's Journal, Nov. 1896 on The Wraith|
|"Banshee" / "Bob"|
Alternate Attack =
|115 % | 4.6 m/s (Uncloaked)|
|126 % | 5.04 m/s (Cloaked)|
|Filip Ivanovic (Art Director)|
- 1 Overview
- 2 Lore
- 3 The Wraith's Perks
- 4 Load-out
- 5 Achievements
- 6 Customisation
- 7 DLC
- 8 Tips
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
The Wraith is a stealth Killer, able to cloak and uncloak at the ringing of his Wailing Bell.
He is all about tracking and hunting Survivors, making it easier to catch and kill them.
Difficulty rating: Easy (Community) / Intermediate (Developer)
(based on the amount of time and effort that is required to properly learn to play him and use his Power effectively)
Philip Ojomo came to this country without anything than hope for a new beginning. He was happy as he got offered a job at Autohaven Wreckers. A small scrap yard where bribed cops turned a blind eye for the somewhat shady business that took place.
Ojomo didn't care. He had seen criminal activity up close in his homeland and as long as he didn't get involved, he let things be. He just fixed cars and handled the crusher. Something he did really well. A car went in and a small, metallic cube came out.
It was not until one gloomy day that he, just by accident, saw some blood coming from one of the un-crushed cars. As he opened the trunk he found a young man, gagged and with tied hands with panic filled eyes. Ojomo freed the man who managed to run ten feet before Ojomo's boss stopped him and slit his throat. As Ojomo demanded answers he got explained to him that he'd been nothing more than a simple executioner as more or less every car had a soul in them as this was a "service" the scrap yard provided to certain "clients".
Ojomo snapped and went ballistic. He threw his boss in the crusher and let it slowly compress, as the head stuck out, Ojomo grabbed it and pulled head and spine out of the body. Then he left and was never seen again.
The Wraith's Perks
These are Perks which start off only appearing in The Wraith's Bloodweb . After achieving Level 30, Teachable versions of these Perks can be found:
- Predator - Level 30
- Bloodhound - Level 35
- Shadowborn - Level 40
Once obtained, other Killers will be able to find The Wraith's Perks in their respective Bloodwebs from that point onwards.
Your acute tracking ability allows you to hone in on disturbances left by running Survivors.
Scratch Marks left by Survivors will spawn slightly/moderately/considerably closer together.
"Never stop moving and hope you're always two steps ahead of the beast." — Unknown, Notebook
Like a hunting scent hound, you smell traces of blood at a great distance.
Fresh Blood Stains are considerably more discernible than normal and can be tracked for 2/3/4 seconds longer than normal.
"Pebbles shimmering in the moonlight; my life drips down in a trail so easy to follow."
You have a keen vision in the darkness of the night.
Your Field of View is increased by 9/12/15 °.
Field of View gains do not stack.
"Shining in the darkest dark, his eyes pierce the night and sting your soul."
Weapon: Azarov's Skull
Azarov's Skull is the primary weapon of the Wraith. The teeth of death lie on Azarov's skull and spine.
- If he hits a survivor, the Wraith will wipe off the blood on the blades with his fingers.
- He used to wipe the blood off his arm like The Trapper with the same animation.
- During his cloaking/uncloaking animation, the Wraith will ring his Wailing Bell with Azarov's skull.
Power: Wailing Bell
A heavy cast iron bell imbued with ancient powers. Allows the user to enter and walk the Spirit World when rung.
Press and hold the Power button to cloak. Press and hold it again to uncloak, granting a 1 second speed burst upon re-appearing. The Wailing Bell can be heard up to a distance of 24 metres.
- Grants near total invisibility when moving.
- Total invisibility when standing still.
- Grants increased Movement speed (5.06 m/s).
- Grants the Undetectable Status Effect.
- Cannot attack when cloaked, but can interact with environmental objects.
- Exposure to bright light forces The Wraith to automatically uncloak.
- It takes 3 seconds to uncloak and 1.5 seconds to cloak by default.
- The Wailing Bell can be heard for up to a distance of 24 meters.
- The accompanying *Whoosh* sound is heard for up to 40 meters
- Survivors will collide with you while you're cloaked.
Add-ons for Wailing Bell
|"The Serpent" - Soot||The Laokeye symbol, representing cunning, is finger-drawn out of soot on the body of the Bell.|
|"The Hound" - Soot||The Wonnug symbol, representing a peerless tracker, is finger-drawn out of soot on the body of the Bell.
|"The Ghost" - Soot||The Khugwemuu symbol, representing the spirit world, is finger-drawn out of soot on the body of the Bell.
|"The Beast" - Soot||The Kunwulju symbol, representing the Realm of Fear, is finger-drawn out of soot on the body of the Bell.
|Bone Clapper||A Bell clapper made from a highly polished piece of bone. Causes the sounds of the Wailing Bell to echo and warp chaotically.
|"Blink" - Mud||The Kratin symbol, representing quick passing, is finger-drawn in mud on the body of the Bell.
|"Windstorm" - Mud||The Ohuwe-Onmnea symbol, representing a howling storm, is finger-drawn in mud on the body of the Bell.
|"Swift Hunt" - Mud||The Kuntin-Takkho symbol, representing a rapid descent on a prey, is finger-drawn in mud on the body of the Bell.
|"Blind Warrior" - Mud||The Baikra-Kaeug symbol, representing ferocity, is finger-drawn in mud on the body of the Bell.
|"Windstorm" - White||The Ohuwe-Onmnea symbol, representing a howling storm, is stamped in white ink on the body of the Bell.
|"Swift Hunt" - White||The Kuntin-Takkho symbol, representing a rapid descent on a prey, is stamped in white ink on the body of the Bell.
|"Shadow Dance" - White||The Yiwarick symbol, representing dark synergy, is stamped in white ink on the body of the Bell.|
|"Blink" - White||The Kratin symbol, representing quick passing, is stamped in white ink on the body of the Bell.
|"Blind Warrior" - White||The Baikra-Kaeug symbol, representing ferocity, is stamped in white ink on the body of the Bell.|
|"Windstorm" - Blood||The Ohuwe-Onmnea symbol, representing a howling storm, is stamped in blood on the body of the Bell.
|"Swift Hunt" - Blood||The Kuntin-Takkho symbol, representing a rapid descent on a prey, is stamped in blood on the body of the Bell.
|"Shadow Dance" - Blood||The Yiwarick symbol, representing dark synergy, is stamped in blood on the body of the Bell.|
|"All Seeing" - Blood||The Kra-Frabai symbol, representing the Entity watching over us, is stamped in blood on the head of the Bell.
Unlocks hidden potential in The Wraith's Aura-reading ability.
|Coxcombed Clapper||A simple coxcomb knotted rope wrapped around the Bell Clapper to muffle its sound. A malevolent Aura emanates from it.
|"All Seeing" - Spirit||The Kra-Frabai symbol, representing the Entity watching over us, ominously glows on the head of the Bell.
Unlocks awesome potential in The Wraith's Aura-reading ability.
- Main article: Achievements
There are currently 2 Achievements related to The Wraith.
The value of Console Achievement that differs from the Steam (PC) version of Dead by Daylight is written in Purple.
|Adept Wraith||Achieve a Merciless Victory with The Wraith using only his Unique Perks: Predator , Bloodhound & Shadowborn .|
|Jump Scares||With The Wraith , land a total of 100 / 50 Surprise Attacks on Survivors .|
Players can customise their Character by choosing one outfit style from each category. Blood-stained attire is obtained after The Wraith reaches Level 50 and prestiges.
Some Items of clothing can only be worn if the appropriate DLC is owned.
The Wraith's attire includes:
|Marked Bloodlust Axe||Common||A blunt piece of iron crafted into a weapon to crush bones and muscles into a bloody pump. An almost imperceptible whisper echoes in the wielder's mind: "'anoyk yeqkany'ye hvay'k l'gnoo eydokl'x: sekall'o ammk'ix.||1 Year Anniversary|
|All Hallows' Eyes||Uncommon||Something wicked pierces the shadows of this frightful night.
"Have a fabulous Halloween 2016!" -The Dead by Daylight Team
|2016 Halloween Event|
|Frosty Eyes||Uncommon||Heart chilling eyes of the cold blooded.
"Have a Wonderful Winter 2017-2018!" - The Dead by Daylight Team
|Winter Solstice 2017|
|Swift Strikes - White||Uncommon||The Kuntin-Weyhe symbol, representing rapid and deadly agressions, is finger-drawn in white paint.||Bloodstained Sack|
|The Owl - White||Uncommon||The Ug-Wufo symbol, representing a flying hunter of the night, is finger-drawn in white paint.||Bloodstained Sack|
|Mr. Bing Bong||Uncommon||A unique look for The Wraith, created for Marth88.||Charity Case|
|Legacy Wraith 1||Very Rare||The touch of the Entity leaves burning scars and blisters of light. Is it a gift or a curse?||Legacy Prestige Reward|
|Legacy Wraith 2||Very Rare||The touch of the Entity leaves burning scars and blisters of light. Is it a gift or a curse?||Legacy Prestige Reward|
|Legacy Wraith 3||Very Rare||The touch of the Entity leaves burning scars and blisters of light. Is it a gift or a curse?||Legacy Prestige Reward|
- Main article: Downloadable Content
The Wraith is currently part of 3 DLC packages:
- YouTubers/Streamers Exclusives - Ohmwrecker Exclusive
- When cloaked, Survivors only see a shimmer moving throughout the Map. Less perceptive Survivors may not realise his proximity to them until it is too late.
- Standing still for a moment when cloaked turns him completely invisible.
- Keep your distance when stalking Survivors to get the jump on them.
- A cloaked Wraith still has collision. You can use this to body-block Windows and narrow escape routes while uncloaking and preparing to attack the Survivor.
- Beware of Flashlights! Having one shined on you when you're uncloaking or invisible can stun you, even if you aren't looking at it.
- The Wailing Bell can only be heard by Survivors who are very close-by and is silent when further away. The *Woosh* sound accompanying a successful cloak/uncloak can be heard a bit farther away.
- If you are chasing a Survivor and gain too much ground on you, it is a good idea to cloak and chase after them. The Wraith moves considerably faster when cloaked and close distances more quickly. It also makes it harder for the fleeing Survivor to keep track of you.
- If a Survivor uses Dead Hard , you can bait its use by tapping the Wailing Bell, making the Survivor think you are going for a swing, prompting them to use the Perk prematurely.
- The Wraith is affiliated with the Autohaven Wreckers Realm in the Lore.
- He is possibly inspired by Grim Reaper tropes as he carries a scythe, causes a Bell to toll, and can hide himself from the Survivors.
- The Wraith's Alpha name was "Banshee".
- In the Game files, he is sometimes nicknamed "Bob".
- Just before the Wraith swings his Weapon, a Xylophone-like rattling noise can be heard as he lifts it above his head.
- The Wraith's breathing sounds like a quiet, garbled growl, as if he had a congested throat.
- The Wraith is one of just two Killers suffering from a unique Game mechanic called Lightburn.
- If the cloaked Wraith is successfully lightburnt with a Flashlight , he will get stunned and be forced out of his cloak.
- If the cloaked Wraith gets stunned by a Pallet, he will get stunned and be forced out of his cloak.
- The Entity gifted him the Wailing Bell during his transition into a Killer.
- It is speculated that the Wraith was taken by the Entity somewhere between 1979 and 1984.
For more go to the Wraith's Gallery
|BASE GAME||CHAPTERS I-III
+ PARAGRAPH I
|CHAPTERS IV-VII||CHAPTERS VIII-XI||PARAGRAPH III|
+ CHAPTERS XIII-XIV
|Dwight Fairfield||Nea Karlsson||Feng Min||Kate Denson||Ash Williams|
|Meg Thomas||Laurie Strode||David King||Adam Francis||Nancy Wheeler|
|Claudette Morel||Ace Visconti||Quentin Smith||Jeff Johansen||Steve Harrington|
|Jake Park||Bill Overbeck||David Tapp||Jane Romero||Yui Kimura|
+ CHAPTER I
|CHAPTERS II-V||PARAGRAPH II
+ CHAPTERS VI-VIII
|CHAPTERS IX-XII||CHAPTERS XIII-XIV|
|Evan MacMillan - The Trapper||Michael Myers - The Shape||Bubba Sawyer - The Cannibal||Rin Yamaoka - The Spirit||The Demogorgon|
|Philip Ojomo - The Wraith||Lisa Sherwood - The Hag||Freddy Krueger - The Nightmare||Frank, Julie, Susie, Joey - The Legion||Kazan Yamaoka - The Oni|
|Max Thompson Jr. - The Hillbilly||Herman Carter - The Doctor||Amanda Young - The Pig||Adiris - The Plague|
|Sally Smithson - The Nurse||Anna - The Huntress||Jeffrey Hawk - The Clown||Danny Johnson - The Ghost Face|
|Benedict Baker||The Entity||The Observer||Vigo||and many more...|
|The Smasher||The Teacher|